Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM

36,100 posts, read 30,588,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I find it fascinating how many people on here seem to be sitting in on the meetings developing policy in the new Administration. It shows because there are so many threads and posts detailing why something was done.
I was thinking the same thing. How do we get an invite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 02:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,182,991 times
Those who underestimate the incredible pettiness and vengeance of Donald J. Trump do so at their own peril.

This is a man who sued a comedian for $5 million over a joke, sued a beauty contestant over a comment, sued a family named Trump for using their own name. There is no slight or offense too small for that thin orange skin.

You think that he bothered insulting Arnold Schwarzenegger at a National Prayer Breakfast and through a series of unpresidential tweets because of his ratings? It was because Trump wanted Ivanka to take over the Apprentice and NBC said no. Arnold was just collateral damage. Remember Nordstroms? Remember the gold star parents? Trump is willing to go to embarrassing lengths to avenge anyone that dare not bow down to his greatness, never mind slight him.

Anyone who lived in his vicinity for the last twenty-five years totally gets just how petty, vindictive and ridiculous this guy is.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:30 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,957,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Those who underestimate the incredible pettiness and vengeance of Donald J. Trump do so at their own peril.

This is a man who sued a comedian for $5 million over a joke, sued a beauty contestant over a comment, sued a family named Trump for using their own name. There is no slight or offense too small for that thin orange skin.

You think that he bothered insulting Arnold Schwarzenegger at a National Prayer Breakfast and through a series of unpresidential tweets because of his ratings? It was because Trump wanted Ivanka to take over the Apprentice and NBC said no. Arnold was just collateral damage. Remember Nordstroms? Remember the gold star parents? Trump is willing to go to embarrassing lengths to avenge anyone that dare not bow down to his greatness, never mind slight him.

Anyone who lived in his vicinity for the last twenty-five years totally gets just how petty, vindictive and ridiculous this guy is.
His pettiness won't stretch into policy. I mean, c'mon. This psychologizing of the man has gone far enough.

Is that the only way liberals understand politics?

Old 03-21-2017, 02:34 PM

6,916 posts, read 3,910,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
As always, with tRUMP, it's due to a personal slight. He's a small-minded man-child who can't take a joke.

Sesame Street has parodied tRUMP as Ronald Grump. Here's some hilarious footage. And yes, that's Joe Pesci playing Ronald Grump.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7ba3474c1e8c

They came up with that character after I stopped watching in the early 1980's. I saw a clip on Facebook not long ago that had me on the floor.

"Grump! Grump! Grump!"

They even had the hair correct!

Old 03-21-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I read that article last night. However, it seems hard to believe that President Trump would be so petty as to target NPR because of a children's television show.

No, he is targeting it because everyone knows that PBS has the best TV shows on TV, and always has. It's not just mind-numbing entertainment like the vast majority of what is on network and cable TV. I used to live for the old Instructional TV shows from the late 1970's and early 1980's. They made staying home sick from school worthwhile. The documentaries by Ken and Ric Burns (although the only one from Ric Burns I am familiar with is the one he did about NYC), American Masters, The American Experience.... tell me where on network or cable you can find shows of that caliber? You can't, and won't.

Same thing with NPR. I don't listen to commercial radio anymore.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I don't know why we ever needed Sesame Street.
We need it now more than ever.

And:
The Electric Company
3-2-1 Contact
All About You
Think About
Vegetable Soup
The Write Channel
Cover to Cover
Gather 'Round

These are just some of the shows I used to watch on PBS when I was growing up in the early 1980's. Nothing controversial, no content not fit for young children to be hearing or seeing. They are one reason why I was ahead of my peers when I entered school.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:02 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I read that article last night. However, it seems hard to believe that President Trump would be so petty as to target NPR because of a children's television show.
You haven't been observing him for very long, have you? He apparently has no measurable skin thickness.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 PM

45,061 posts, read 26,231,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
We need it now more than ever.

And:
The Electric Company
3-2-1 Contact
All About You
Think About
Vegetable Soup
The Write Channel
Cover to Cover
Gather 'Round

These are just some of the shows I used to watch on PBS when I was growing up in the early 1980's. Nothing controversial, no content not fit for young children to be hearing or seeing. They are one reason why I was ahead of my peers when I entered school.
So you won't send your own money to keep those shows on the air?

And if they're so popular why wouldn't another channel pick them up as has happened in the past with other programs?

Old 03-21-2017, 05:14 PM

7,740 posts, read 6,310,376 times
When a children's show goes political, that is brainwashing.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 PM

45,061 posts, read 26,231,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
When a children's show goes political, that is brainwashing.
Well it's simply the case with everything govt funded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies