Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM

45,220 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Gun? Don't even have a sandwich in your hand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 07:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Do not have a gun in your hand, if the police knock on your door, Do not open your door, with a gun in your hand.

If the Police see a gun in your hand after your door is opened. They will most likely demand that you drop your gun, if you don't drop your gun, you will be most likely shot to death.

This should be a (PSA), public service announcement, shown on TV every night. This will save many lives of Dumb people.
When I think of the typical American, I read posts like this and it all becomes so clear.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Yeah, RIP, poor man.

One reason among many, that I cannot get too weepy, when there is "backlash" against Agents.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:55 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
A few years back in Kansas City, something very similar happened. The police broke in unannounced, The HO was awakened when they kicked in his bedroom door about 2 am. He reached for his gun and was killed. Police were not charged. The cops were at the wrong address. There had been several home invasions in the area. They got away with murder.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:01 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
A few years back in Kansas City, something very similar happened. The police broke in unannounced, The HO was awakened when they kicked in his bedroom door about 2 am. He reached for his gun and was killed. Police were not charged. The cops were at the wrong address. There had been several home invasions in the area. They got away with murder.
Somehow it is just an "unfortunate accident" when cops kill someone. Somehow a lack of due diligence, carelessness, no careful planning and terrible map reading skill do not come together to create a manslaughter or accidental killing charge. But have an ordinary citizen make a mistake and you wont see him again for 5-20 years.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times
All I can do is sigh in disgust. There is NO justice when there are two classes of citizens. No one should be above the law. Had an ordinary citizen who was lawfully concealed or open carrying gone and knocked on the door and the person on the other side lawfully opened the door with a firearm in their hand, so the knocking visitor feared for their life and shot and killed the person who had a lawful right to be in the house, the knocker would have been charged with a minimum of manslaughter and likely 1st or 2nd degree murder.

Badges don't grant extra rights!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,184 times
Break into the wrong house, no warrant and kill an innocent guy, you should be tried and hung out to dry. No reason for that except bad policing and they should be held accountable for that.

Getting ever so closer to a military police state in some areas.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Even though there are more cameras these days, it doesn't deter cops to shot first since it is part of the American fabric to accept their excuses.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:28 PM

624 posts, read 370,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You believe the cops, huh???

Did you even read the story?
I use to work in corrections and law enforcement. I have seen bad cops and good cops. Just because i defend 1 cop doesn't mean i defend all.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:33 PM

624 posts, read 370,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They got away with it because all they did was shift the blame and it's all who you know. The hardest part of law enforcement is when someone dies. And i sure don't miss the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies