Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 06:49 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times

Advertisements

Just saw a clip from his rally last night and he is still lying about this. The WH acknowledged weeks ago that Keystone was exempt from that EO. Why does no one call him out on all the lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 09:51 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Do you have a link or transcript of what he said?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Because his base loves the lies. Why would he bother telling them the truth? They don't care.

Transcript here:
http://www.shallownation.com/2017/03...sition-center/

from that:
Quote:
We’ve also cleared the way for the Keystone and the Dakota Access pipelines. (Applause.) And as I was signing it, I said, where are they getting the steel? Where? And I said, you know what, if people want to build pipelines in the United States, they should use American steel, and they should build it and create it right here. That pipe is going to be manufactured right here. That was like, last minute — I’m saying, where are they buying this stuff?

Old 03-21-2017, 09:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Do you have a link or transcript of what he said?
In the future if you are interested in a transcript from a speech the President has given, The White House Web page usually has a link. With a two second google I found....the transcript..

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-louisville-ky

We've also cleared the way for the Keystone and the Dakota Access pipelines. (Applause.) And as I was signing it, I said, where are they getting the steel? Where? And I said, you know what, if people want to build pipelines in the United States, they should use American steel, and they should build it and create it right here. That pipe is going to be manufactured right here. That was like, last minute -- I'm saying, where are they buying this stuff?

Old 03-21-2017, 10:06 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Because he knows that StormTrumpers will believe anything he says, spread the lies like wildfire, and deny any evidence otherwise.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:07 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Just saw a clip from his rally last night and he is still lying about this. The WH acknowledged weeks ago that Keystone was exempt from that EO. Why does no one call him out on all the lies?
Because the people he's talking to are too stupid to realize he's lying, and too hypocritical and amoral to give a damn even if they were smart enough to figure it out. Because they worship The Donald; he could never possibly do no wrong.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:07 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
In the future if you are interested in a transcript from a speech the President has given, The White House Web page usually has a link. With a two second google I found....the transcript..

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...-louisville-ky

We've also cleared the way for the Keystone and the Dakota Access pipelines. (Applause.) And as I was signing it, I said, where are they getting the steel? Where? And I said, you know what, if people want to build pipelines in the United States, they should use American steel, and they should build it and create it right here. That pipe is going to be manufactured right here. That was like, last minute -- I'm saying, where are they buying this stuff?
It should have been included in the original post.

To answer the OP ----Trump lies a lot and I doubt he will stop. His supporters don't seem to care about him lying.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:03 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
It should have been included in the original post.

To answer the OP ----Trump lies a lot and I doubt he will stop. His supporters don't seem to care about him lying.
You're right- I should have. I was watching clips on TV last night and immediately reacted.

I alternate between scorn and pity for these people who believe every word that comes out of his mouth, but scorn is winning these days. They're getting what they wanted- God help us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies