Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 04:06 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times

Advertisements

During the House Intelligence Committee hearing on Russian involvement in the presidential election Comey states:

“I have been authorized by the Department of Justice, to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts. I think that was a fairly easy judgment for the community, Putin hated Secretary Clinton so much that the flip side of that coin was he had a clear preference for the person running against the person he hated so much.”

As part of the hearing, several pointed questions were asked including if there was any evidence Russia tampered with the vote totals in this state or that state. The Director of the NSA states ‘No’.

Where upon Trump almost immediately tweets “The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence the electoral process” completely ignoring the reality that hacked data was ‘weaponized’ and disseminated through channels like WikiLeaks and that election interference could take several forms separate and distinct from direct vote manipulation.

This kind of blatant ‘political spin’, which is a nice way saying ‘lying’, is in essence our president saying that truth doesn’t matter and is simply one more example his long chain of lies to the American people.

Trump's False tweet that NSA, FBI said 'Russia did not influence electoral process' | PolitiFact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 04:14 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Putin and WikiLeaks- the alt-white for the alt-right.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Putin and WikiLeaks- the alt-white for the alt-right.
At a campaign rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, in October, then-candidate Donald Trump proclaimed, "I love WikiLeaks."

Trump on Putin

"Look at Putin -- what he's doing with Russia -- I mean, you know, what's going on over there. I mean this guy has done -- whether you like him or don't like him -- he's doing a great job"

Old 03-22-2017, 04:26 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
At a campaign rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, in October, then-candidate Donald Trump proclaimed, "I love WikiLeaks."

Trump on Putin

"Look at Putin -- what he's doing with Russia -- I mean, you know, what's going on over there. I mean this guy has done -- whether you like him or don't like him -- he's doing a great job"
Trump bows down before the one he serves.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:27 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
During the House Intelligence Committee hearing on Russian involvement in the presidential election Comey states:

“I have been authorized by the Department of Justice, to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government’s efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts. I think that was a fairly easy judgment for the community, Putin hated Secretary Clinton so much that the flip side of that coin was he had a clear preference for the person running against the person he hated so much.”

As part of the hearing, several pointed questions were asked including if there was any evidence Russia tampered with the vote totals in this state or that state. The Director of the NSA states ‘No’.

Where upon Trump almost immediately tweets “The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence the electoral process” completely ignoring the reality that hacked data was ‘weaponized’ and disseminated through channels like WikiLeaks and that election interference could take several forms separate and distinct from direct vote manipulation.

This kind of blatant ‘political spin’, which is a nice way saying ‘lying’, is in essence our president saying that truth doesn’t matter and is simply one more example his long chain of lies to the American people.

Trump's False tweet that NSA, FBI said 'Russia did not influence electoral process' | PolitiFact

Trump lies,he has always lied.Go back to any aspect of his life and you see he lies.Family, work or politics he has ,will and still does lie.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:36 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
All I care about is that he fixes the economy before we slide into another recession. I haven't recovered from the last one.

Carry on.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:43 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Does Russia really matter if the populace doesn't approve of you? But, the trumpissts will be right along to decry this poll. They'll even decry a fox poll if it doesn't show what they desperately wish to be true. But, darn, it looks less and less like they were right about trump.

As of Sunday at 1 p.m. ET, Trump's approval rating has sunk to 37 percent, while those who disapprove of the president's job stands at 58 percent. His approval rating stood at 45 percent one week prior.
https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/Tb...856fe66453e0b5
(Source: Gallup.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a5e0cee...%2339%3Bs.html

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-22-2017 at 05:42 AM..

Old 03-22-2017, 04:46 AM

"The events of this week are revealing with a new level of clarity that President Donald Trump and the White House have ventured far beyond unconventional levels of dishonesty. Instead, they are revealing on their part something more remarkable and challenging to our system: a kind of deep rot of bad faith — a profound contempt for democratic process and the possibility of agreement on shared reality — that is wildly beyond anything in recent memory and strains the limits of our political vocabulary."

Donald Trump's nonstop lies are failing him - Chicago Tribune

It is remarkable that virtually every major headline news source across the country is recounting similar stories about Trumps lying and dishonestly. It knows no political bounds. Less than 100 days in office and Trump has made a mockery of the White House, has shown the county his true face and now the country is waking up to understand his reality is not in the best interest of our country.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:47 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Polls........what good are polls? Trump is president even if his numbers are 5%. What is the alternative? Where is the person leading this alternative?

Old 03-22-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That you find "what do you offer as an alternative" a foggy question is pretty sad.

What do you offer as an alternative?
I am still not sure what alternative you are looking for but if it is an alternative to lying, I would start by suggesting, in my sad sort of way, the best alternative is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies