Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 11:55 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You utterly failed to answer my question of why you're fine when some TAKE what's available to them and vilify others who TAKE what's available to them.
I'm explain another way. Your statement calls both takers.

A. How does society or people within society benefit from people who won't work?
B. How does society or people within society benefit from people who invest in business and rental properties benefit?

One group of takers does not benefit anyone, the other group of "takers" as you call them benefit many. Which group contribute to government coffers, which group doesn't? Can you tell me which group benefits society and which group doesn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 11:56 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Then in the same vein, WHY do you vilify the poor for taking advantage of programs the government puts in place for them? Would you really have us believe the government wants only the wealthy to take advantage of programs in place while hoping the poor won't do the same?

Sounds like BS to me.
It is BS.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:58 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
But you're ignoring the fact that the left accuses Trump of not being patriotic yet says nothing, in fact encourages people to "look to the government" to take from others to give to them.
Yes, I am indeed ignoring that. It has nothing to do with me or my personal puzzlement that some people see Trump as patriotic.

I am not interested in this conversation in what you call "the left" or any other extremist form of partisanship has to say. Such conversations are generally nothing but illogical screaming matches with two extremes shouting the same things back and forth.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It is BS.
Then you obviously don't understand how the government uses the tax code to encourage economic activity. The most patriotic thing a U.S. citizen can do is things that legally reduce their taxable income.

Government learned a long time ago that the tax codes could be used to make people and businesses do what they want. This includes investing in business which creates jobs, rental property to house people who can't afford to buy a house, etc.

In short, the many credits and breaks that are found in the tax code are there precisely because the government wants you to take advantage of them. Because you are contributing the society, you are allowed to reduce you're tax liability. This is patriotic.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It is BS.
Think about it, if you can't afford to buy a house, would you rather live in the government run housing projects. If not, and you are renting from a private citizen, you can thank the tax code for encouraging investment in rental property.

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I really am baffled by this. People are marching against Trump, the media is totally against him, the government hates on every little thing he does. And even as a liberal, this really confuses me...I'm not a fan of him at all, but the media , even media entertainment sites, suddenly shifted from "Look Kim Kardashian ate a pear!" to "GRRR WE GOTTA IMPEACH TRUMP NOW!" on virtually almost every news article. Just go to Yahoo, Buzzfeed, etc.

But my question is, what exactly has he done to instill so much fear in people? I'm confused because I never heard anything about him targeting certain groups of people in America (like any legal mexicans or blacks, jews, etc), besides wanting to vet illegal immigrants, which shouldn't even be an issue since immigrants are welcome as long as they follow the proper laws to come here. I've never really heard of him making fun of disabled people (that CNN video was such a hack job with that reporter). I don't know of any rights that are going to be taken away that he's mentioned. The LGBT community are freaking out about him, but I don't ever remember a Republican candidate...or ANY candidate before 2012 ever saying they were pro-gay marriage. But, I've never seen so much outrage over a President before...

The strange part to me is, 10 years ago, everyone pretty much liked Trump. He was just some billionaire businessman who talked about himself a lot, which I guess is okay, but he never appeared "evil" or "Hitler" like. If anything, he's more of a everyday-funnyman more than anything. And he's a womanizer, which, again, I don't see much of an issue with, as long there was consent then I mean, meh. I've never seen him come out and say he hates women or wants to take away their rights. That whole "grab em by the you know what" thing, IMO, was overblown, since that was a private conversation, but it was clearly just a guy talking about women. Not very appropriate, but....the dude likes women and he's old school about it. The only woman I've seen him talk crap about is Rosie O'Donnell...but I mean...she's Rosie O'Donnell so.......yeah.

But now, everyone is rallying against him. The whole "No Trump, No KKK, No fascist USA". Where does that chant even come from? Or even mean? I've never seen people get mad about someone saying "America First" and "putting the country first". Why is that such a bad statement?

The only thing I've seen Trump really say is that he wants to bring businesses back to America, fix the economy, keep our borders safe and secure, and to repeal and replace Obamacare. What exactly is so bad about that? The only thing I really see is that he tweets quite a bit and needs to chill on it and he may not be the most eloquent speaker next to Obama, but...is that a reason to want to impeach the guy?

So honest question, why are people so scared and worried about a Donald Trump presidency?
Are You Serious? either the question is, where have you been, why can't you see, and if there is any concerns we might need after reading this, to wonder if you are having some challenges with "understanding" if you can't figure out what people do not like about him.

America is about far more than money...but some people just do get it.

Let me give you a few links maybe you can grasp context:

His presentation at his Rally's

More on his pandering

The Man has been and continues to be one of the biggest Tax Cheats in American History. he has condemned everything, and this is after he has sued cities for tax concession, which he knew the public would be left on the hook for that revenue loss, He's stiffed banks, contractors and vendors, and is likely on of the more prolific Money washers in the nation and works around the globe washing money from unscrupulous individual and shell organizations. He has no sense of honor about women or such, they are for image sake, and he really does not want his wife anywhere close to the white house, he wants the attention to himself, but he does not want the world to know how he dictates and dominate over her.
He has interest to cut taxes for the wealthy, (including himself) and he wants to pass the wealth to his kids ("tax free").
The man has no sense or understanding of environmental responsibility and why we have regulations, and he knows nothing about the care and concerns of families and how programs and regulations best serve this nation and its people. He only things of "money"... everything with him is "money".
The recent failure of ACA, was the fact it was never about the bill, it was strictly about trying to give a tax cut to the wealthy and they were willing to slide anything across the table, to make sure the wealthy got their tax breaks.
The man has no decorum when it comes to International Policy Making, he has no character than can extend beyond the chase for money. He will lie from one minute to the next, then he has played Mr. Tyrant against the Congress, trying to strong arm them into voting for his madness.
We know he had deep Ties to Russia's Illicit Money, and he took that to think he had some powers that he does not have, and ht sold any position he may have once hand, down the drain.
We could write on the list of thing from Sun Up to Sun Down... and still there will be more to talk about.
But that might give you a gist of why no one likes him except his right wing constituency.

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
People have always hated hearing the truth- it exposes the lies they want to believe.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm explain another way. Your statement calls both takers.

A. How does society or people within society benefit from people who won't work?
B. How does society or people within society benefit from people who invest in business and rental properties benefit?

One group of takers does not benefit anyone, the other group of "takers" as you call them benefit many. Which group contribute to government coffers, which group doesn't? Can you tell me which group benefits society and which group doesn't?
You've alleged government wants the wealthy to game the tax code but fail to explain why you seem to believe the government doesn't want the poor to also take advantage of what's available to them. That has nothing to do with who benefits and who doesn't, only HOW are their own actions any different? And just HOW does someone taking advantage of the many breaks available to the wealthy benefit those who will pay more to make up the shortfall?

And if you really want to claim one group of takers benefits many, read the following and do tell us of the many this benefits.

Estée Lauder Heir

Old 03-27-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I am indeed ignoring that. It has nothing to do with me or my personal puzzlement that some people see Trump as patriotic.

I am not interested in this conversation in what you call "the left" or any other extremist form of partisanship has to say. Such conversations are generally nothing but illogical screaming matches with two extremes shouting the same things back and forth.
Ok, so to reiterate. In your humble opinion...

President Trump and others like him who invest in products, services, real estate etc that others need or want, as a result providing jobs, housing, services to others in society and because people are willing to pay for these things, they are rich, these people are unpatriotic. It's ok that people who won't work, don't provide good to society as a whole are patriotic.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
You've alleged government wants the wealthy to game the tax code but fail to explain why you seem to believe the government doesn't want the poor to also take advantage of what's available to them. That has nothing to do with who benefits and who doesn't, only HOW are their own actions any different? And just HOW does someone taking advantage of the many breaks available to the wealthy benefit those who will pay more to make up the shortfall?

And if you really want to claim one group of takers benefits many, read the following and do tell us of the many this benefits.

Estée Lauder Heir
Again, the tax code is available to everyone. However, the "progressive" tax code does hurt people who are trying to build their wealth (increase their seed money) because the more income you make the higher percentage the government takes at the top end, and instead of being able to use that money you earned to build you're own wealth, the government takes it from you.

People who don't understand the tax code won't get it and that's why it's easy for politicians to play on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies