Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 10:17 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,019,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Devin Nunes says "there's no there, there" and the FBI obviously disagrees if it announces to the world that the Trump administration is under investigation. Members of Congress are not granted unfettered access to FBI investigative files. I'm not sure why Nunes hasn't recused himself seeing that he was a member of the Trump transition team.

Yes, we do not know what has transpired since January 20th. Newsweek reported back in February that intelligence agencies of U.S. allies had intercepted communications between Russia and the Trump campaign.

U.S. Allies Conduct Intelligence Operation Against Trump Staff and Associates, Intercepted Communications

According to John Schindler, who is ex-NSA, foreign intelligence agencies have handed over transcripts proving collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. But we have no way of knowing whether he's actually right until the investigation is complete.
Nunes guy also confirmed there is no wire tapping. I don't think He is hiding something. He is just updating press based on Comey classified update happened at the end of Feb. FBI actually shared lot more information in this meeting than the update they provided during open meeting. You can also find out interview given by other members in the media based on this meeting inputs.
Do you think, there is something happened after Jan 20th. Most of the links are about something reported in 2016. All these are recycled links. I am yet to see something new happened after Jan 20th.
Flynn is fired. There is no indication FBI is going to charge Flynn. If there is something in Flynn talk, FBI should have arrested him. There is a news about not filing charges against Flynn. FBI doesn't even confirm if they are investigating person unmasked Flynn name and leaked to Wapo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,792,822 times
I don't think Nunes is getting the whole story from the IC. I think the Senate committee is. Look at their reaction after the last briefing, which was done under more secure restrictions than the house. My guess is Nunes may be compromised as well. He was part of the trump transition.

McConnell was not part of the senate meeting from what I heard while schumer was. Would love to see the turtle taken down!

Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,142,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
What I got from that article is that Manfort is slime, and was working with Russians against interest in Europe. How does this mean anything for Trump? I'm serious. ... I'm not trying to make Trump excuses, so if anyone could respond without the partisan nonsense, that would be appreciated.
Non-partisan answer: Manafort and Trump both asserted they have nothing to do with Russia. This report contradicts that and establishes Manafort had a contract with a member of Putin's inner circle and was paid millions.

Around the time Manafort was Trump's campaign manager the WikiLeaks of Clinton's stolen e-mails started. Now that we know Manafort has business dealings with Putin's insiders, it raises the possibility that Manafort -- and possibly Trump himself -- planned or had knowledge of the DNC hacking and/or encouraged dissemination by WikiLeaks. Another Trump campaign figure, Roger Stone, said he had a line of communication with WikiLeaks.

This is all circumstantial evidence that suggests that more investigation might reveal that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to hack the Democratic Party's servers. Or, investigation might find that Russia acted independently and Trump is innocent. It is clear, though, that the stakes are very high for Trump because if collusion is found he will likely resign or be impeached.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:29 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,813,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Manafort resigned. Trump didn't fire him. The only reason he resigned was that the media got ahold of Manaforts dealings. Trump knew about them all along and was glad to have him on the team.

Same issue with Micheal Flynn. Trump knew that Flynn lied to Pence for 2 weeks. 2 weeks later when the press publishes the story, then suddenly Trump cares about the lie to Pence. But he was ok with it before the press wrote about the sitiation.

They are happy being crooks and only clean house when caught.
The highlighted part is the what needs to be found out. At this point it could be that Trump is just poor at vetting his team members. It does seem a little fishy that more than one associate has had dealings with Russia in the past and that they all lied or did not immediately fess up when these facts came to light.

And what's with everyone forgetting that Trump Jr said that the Trump Organization has many dealings with Russia.

"In 2008, Trump sold a mansion in Palm Beach, Florida, to Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev for $95 million. On the campaign trail, Trump at one point claimed it was his only dealing with Russia, but that’s not accurate.

The same year he sold the mansion, his son, Donald Trump Jr., told the global trade publication eTurboNews that Russians were key investors in the Trump Organization’s assets. "And in terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets; say in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo and anywhere in New York,†Trump Jr. said in the interview. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia. There's indeed a lot of money coming for new-builds and resale reflecting a trend in the Russian economy and, of course, the weak dollar versus the ruble."

Money from Russia was particularly important to Trump’s business interests because his many bankruptcies had taken a toll on his creditworthiness. Bankers on Wall Street became unwilling to lend him money due to what they termed “the Donald risk.â€

The most notable — and most notorious — of Trump’s Russian investors came through the Bayrock Group, which according to CNN, was “a company run by Soviet immigrants, and according to a lawsuit filed, financed by Russian and Kazakhstan money.†Bayrock, whose operations were headed by a man accused in a lawsuit of using “mob-like tactics to achieve his goals,†helped develop huge Trump projects in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Phoenix, Arizona, and New York.

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/2/17/1...ies-fact-check

Old 03-22-2017, 10:30 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
There is a reason that Trump is trying to get everyone not to believe the news being reported.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:31 AM

25,805 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Fake News.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,066,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Non-partisan answer: Manafort and Trump both asserted they have nothing to do with Russia. This report contradicts that and establishes Manafort had a contract with a member of Putin's inner circle and was paid millions.

Around the time Manafort was Trump's campaign manager the WikiLeaks of Clinton's stolen e-mails started. Now that we know Manafort has business dealings with Putin's insiders, it raises the possibility that Manafort -- and possibly Trump himself -- planned or had knowledge of the DNC hacking and/or encouraged dissemination by WikiLeaks. Another Trump campaign figure, Roger Stone, said he had a line of communication with WikiLeaks.

This is all circumstantial evidence that suggests that more investigation might reveal that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to hack the Democratic Party's servers. Or, investigation might find that Russia acted independently and Trump is innocent. It is clear, though, that the stakes are very high for Trump because if collusion is found he will likely resign or be impeached.
Someone said it best last night on one the news outlets to sum up all this "circumstantial" evidence.

"all the magnetic needles are pointing in the same direction"

Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,192,096 times
Quote:
There is a reason that Trump is trying to get everyone not to believe the news being reported.
The reason is because it's fake and biased. You have to listen to what exactly is being said and what is not being said. The FBI/Intelligence community couched everything in their testimony and the media spins it.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:34 AM

31,990 posts, read 34,536,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
I am yet to see something new happened after Jan 20th.
Flynn is fired. There is no indication FBI is going to charge Flynn. If there is something in Flynn talk, FBI should have arrested him. There is a news about not filing charges against Flynn. FBI doesn't even confirm if they are investigating person unmasked Flynn name and leaked to Wapo.
I don't know why anyone would expect to see anything new. As someone mentioned before, this is not the O.J. Simpson trial where cameras are going to be placed inside FBI Headquarters and we get the "inside scoop" on the top secret witnesses Putin wants to murder, Congress members who are potentially compromised, etc. For that matter, try going to FBI Headquarters and asking the front desk, "Hey, can I see the files on the RICO cases the FBI is currently working on?" We have no idea what the FBI is finding because they won't talk about it. The only thing we know is that there is an ongoing investigation into the Trump campaign's coordination with Russia.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:37 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,746,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I don't think Nunes is getting the whole story from the IC. I think the Senate committee is. Look at their reaction after the last briefing, which was done under more secure restrictions than the house. My guess is Nunes may be compromised as well. He was part of the trump transition.

McConnell was not part of the senate meeting from what I heard while schumer was. Would love to see the turtle taken down!
But Burr was part of the transition too, and he's Chair of the Senate Intel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies