Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:47 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,490,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Not much... millions for what??

Secret service makes 150k per year...
Then what was all that drama about Obama's wasting a lot of money? Did you say that time it was 50K tops??? BTW- I saw how you changed salary from 100K to 150K in a few seconds, That tells me how much you know about this matter.

Quote:
Do you have an answer how it costs 3.6 million to go to Florida? The pilot and security are getting paid whether he goes to Florida or not.
This will give you some idea

http://www.gao.gov/assets/690/680400.pdf

Old 03-22-2017, 12:48 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,303,103 times
Quote:
What's the 3.6 million for a trip to Florida for? 50k tops

Trump: Three Mar-a-Lago Trips May Have Cost Taxpayers $10 Million | Fortune.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.373da1bb16b1

...Air Force One costs $206,337 an hour to operate, and the D.C. to Palm Beach flight takes about two hours. That’s $824,000 right there, round-trip...

Trump weekend trip to Florida could cost taxpayers $3M: report | TheHill

Cost of Trump's travel to Mar-a-Lago approximately $10M - CBS News

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago getaway could cost taxpayers more than $3 million - POLITICO

Tell us more about your super-educated "$50K, tops" assessment.....

Old 03-22-2017, 12:51 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,447,011 times
Quote:
A million a day... come on dude. There's maybe 20 extra employees there. And that's being generous... so they each make 50k per day?

National Guard pays their people either way. Doesn't matter if Trump is there or not.

From the minds that bought into MAGA and #Winning!!

Old 03-22-2017, 12:51 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,141,271 times
Quote:
3.6 million for security? They're all salaried employees and the plane was paid for already..
$3.6 million total per trip is what the other poster was referencing. Not just in security costs.

Quote:
50 k tops.... 3 million to got to florida??? Lmao
$50k tops? Not even close. When Obama gave a speech in the Everglades (2015), the cost of Secret Service was $145K. For a single day.

While we don't have exact figures yet for Trump, it's possible to make an educated guess based on Obama's known and documented travel expenses. For that same speech listed above, it cost $866,615.40 in air travel expenses and would be about the same flight length as getting to Palm Beach's airport. Ergo, 5 trips would be easily over $4 million spent.

Just to get the plane going.

Then you have to factor lodging, food, and other per diem expenses for each Secret Service agent while down in Mar-A-Lago. The cost of Coast Guard security patrols. The cost of partially shutting down an airport, re-routing air travel. The cost of local police/deputy assistance.

The cost of implementing security measures into Mar-A-Lago.

Taxpayers even funded the brand new helicopter landing pad at Mar-A-Lago. Which is actually a fairly good investment considering how often Trump plans to visit. Means he can take Marine One and land directly in his private club. While it will still affect some air travel, it's not shutting down an airport or requiring road blockades.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:52 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,447,011 times
from the thoughts of the same people that think coal is coming back, or that tariffs will net create American jobs or cutting taxes for the .1% and repealing the estate tax will benefit them...

Old 03-22-2017, 12:53 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,329,851 times
Where's the 3.6 million? I see it might cost 800k to operate a plane... what about the other 2.8 million?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:55 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,490,569 times
Quote:
Where's the 3.6 million? I see it might cost 800k to operate a plane... what about the other 2.8 million?
I see you have deliberately avoided the link I posted so I post it again as you are asking same questions. Please educate yourself and click on the link below.

http://www.gao.gov/assets/690/680400.pdf

Old 03-22-2017, 12:55 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,682,551 times
Quote:
A million a day... come on dude. There's maybe 20 extra employees there. And that's being generous... so they each make 50k per day?

National Guard pays their people either way. Doesn't matter if Trump is there or not.
Bless your heart. Here is some clarity should you choose to use it.

Trump weekend trip to Florida could cost taxpayers $3M: report | TheHill

Old 03-22-2017, 01:09 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,329,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
$3.6 million total per trip is what the other poster was referencing. Not just in security costs.

$50k tops? Not even close. When Obama gave a speech in the Everglades (2015), the cost of Secret Service was $145K. For a single day.

While we don't have exact figures yet for Trump, it's possible to make an educated guess based on Obama's known and documented travel expenses. For that same speech listed above, it cost $866,615.40 in air travel expenses and would be about the same flight length as getting to Palm Beach's airport. Ergo, 5 trips would be easily over $4 million spent.

Just to get the plane going.

Then you have to factor lodging, food, and other per diem expenses for each Secret Service agent while down in Mar-A-Lago. The cost of Coast Guard security patrols. The cost of partially shutting down an airport, re-routing air travel. The cost of local police/deputy assistance.

The cost of implementing security measures into Mar-A-Lago.

Taxpayers even funded the brand new helicopter landing pad at Mar-A-Lago. Which is actually a fairly good investment considering how often Trump plans to visit. Means he can take Marine One and land directly in his private club. While it will still affect some air travel, it's not shutting down an airport or requiring road blockades.
You're out of your mind. .. lmfao....

Next you'll tell me the Russians cost the democrats the elections.. it's getting old already.

Yea, I just went to Boston... it cost me 10 Million a day, oh and we stayed at my house... those secret service guys ate 8 million dollars worth of Chinese takeout and pizza

Old 03-22-2017, 01:26 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,303,103 times
Quote:

Read the articles. The answers you seek are within.

Argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy, BTW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies