Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 07:14 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Apparently, no one, except perhaps Mr Nunes, knows what the heck he's talking about.

We do know, before taking this 'new' information to the other members of the House Intelligence Committee, Mr Nunes briefed his political boss, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan. Mr Ryan then told him to take it to the So-called President who apparently already knew about it.
I was with you until you said "so-called". We don't have a So-called President. To whom, then, are you referring? I doubt Mr. Ryan called him the "So-called President".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Exposing unlawful actions is a job best left for DOJ, he is the chair of the house intelligence committee. If he came across something illegal the first step should be to reconvene the committee and decide a course of action. He has been so contradictory to his own statements, masked or unmasked, whether it was an investigation of Trump or his staff, what was the rush he should have waited until this could be addressed coherently. One thing he did state was that there was nothing illegal and it had nothing to do with the Russian investigation.
If there was "nothing illegal" why did he say it is so deeply disturbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They was surveillance malware planted on Trumps Computers.

https://www.teaparty.org/reminder-do...russia-225130/

https://thehillnews.net/news/FBI-fou...ring-Testimony

Kredo: DOJ Found 'Malware...Mimicking' Ties Between Trump Tower Servers and Russian Entities

Quote:
Department of Justice finding malware on servers for Trump Tower mimicking supposed Russian ties. Found while the FBI investigating the Trump campaign for collusion with Russian ties.
The investigation should go on, before discussing a rarely mentioned point.
"It wasn't very well reported, the Department of Justice revealed just last week that in fact some of these ties that they had witnessed between Trump Tower servers and Russian entities in fact, were stooged,"

It was explained that malware had been installed on these servers to mimic contacts with Russian entities in an effort to portray that the Trump campaign had the Russian contacts.
Why am I NOT surprised.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Not the tweets themselves"

Wrong. It IS what is first tweet said ''It has been posted on here.
I don't follow Trump's tweets -- but I have seen them reposted in various articles and on this site--
REPOST his tweets about Obama bugging him--
Because I don't think you are correct...

And even if Trump did claim the info was posted on Twitter--
Who depends on Twitter feeds for FACTS about an issue so important

Trump is an idiot but an idiot who loves and thrives on media attention, deflection from the truth, and lying

REPOST the tweets about Obama in their entirety...

Old 03-24-2017, 07:15 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Usually I get drawn into stuff like this because of irritation how talk show hosts and folks like Hannity and Napolitano distort and recast to sensationalize. This is different. I've little interest in and no knowledge of privatization issues but Nunes crossed a line with suspect timing connected to the Trump tweets and the Monday bombshell about ongoing FBI investigations into the Campaign.

Remember, it was Nunes who maintained that "we" should NOT take Trump's tweets "literally." And now is seemingly outraged that folks did - and held Trump accountable. And, yes, maybe are gossiping too much about Trump within the intel community (information volume, relevance, sharing, masking/unmasking).

At the same time, Nunes is straddling a line - not wanting to totally trash the intel community but still needing to find enough evidence of wrongdoing that he can establish a pattern demonstrating intent. For me - THIS at a time when we just heard there may be an increased threat that Al Qaeda may place bombs on planes. (We're overseas again for a several weeks come mid-May.) Again - all in defense of "poor" Trump and his fingers on a phone - for this sure seems why this started. Pleaaaaaaase ... give me a break.

Nunes manned up enough to apologize when he slipped in Trump's do-do, but can Trump himself back it down? No he just keeps letting it all get messier and messier with now the intel community dragged in - along with the UK, Germany.

I agree with those who say this should NOT be a partisan issue.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:15 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I know you think keeping the Russian-elections issue in the forefront is really, really important.

More important than abuse of our Constitution by some in the intel community -- violating the law and unmasking and leaking secure information...
The Kremlin meddling in our elections is really, really important.

Fair elections are the bedrock of our nation. If a foreign state is meddling in our elections, we need to know about it and figure out how to keep it from happening again.

It matters.

There are Constitutional issues at stake as well.

Whether the intel community passed around information that has American names unmasked is small potatoes. Really.

Perhaps it could be the focus of a future Congressional inquiry.

This one is about the Kremlin meddling in our elections.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It would helpful if you provided a real news sources with this story, by the way providing 3 bloggers is not improving your case particularly since Klayman is a source.
Never trust a news source that misspells "MIMIC" as MIMICK---
First rule of thumb...

Old 03-24-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Usually I get drawn into stuff like this because of irritation how talk show hosts and folks like Hannity and Napolitano distort and recast to sensationalize. This is different. I've little interest in and no knowledge of privatization issues but Nunes crossed a line with suspect timing connected to the Trump tweets and the Monday bombshell about ongoing FBI investigations into the Campaign.

Remember, it was Nunes who maintained that "we" should NOT take Trump's tweets "literally." And now is seemingly outraged that folks did - and held Trump accountable. And, yes, maybe are gossiping too much about Trump within the intel community (information volume, relevance, sharing, masking/unmasking).

At the same time, Nunes is straddling a line - not wanting to totally trash the intel community but still needing to find enough evidence of wrongdoing that he can establish a pattern demonstrating intent. For me - THIS at a time when we just heard there may be an increased threat that Al Qaeda may place bombs on planes. (We're overseas again for a several weeks come mid-May.) Again - all in defense of "poor" Trump and his fingers on a phone - for this sure seems why this started. Pleaaaaaaase ... give me a break.

Nunes manned up enough to apologize when he slipped in Trump's do-do, but can Trump himself back it down? No he just keeps letting it all get messier and messier with now the intel community dragged in - along with the UK, Germany.

I agree with those who say this should NOT be a partisan issue.
Nunes was a member of Trump's transition team--
He could be under investigation just like Stone or Manafort or Flynn
He NEVER should have been allowed to head this committee because of that relationship
Just as Sessions, as a member of the campaign and transition team, never should have been allowed to oversee this investigation of Russian hacking---any anything else that developed during the investigation.

Just as the GSA has not declared that Trump is not violating the contract signed to operate the Post Office Hotel in Washington there is way too much collusion going on between government agencies and Trump's business interests...
Trump after all appoints the head of GSA--and the head that was there under Obama has resigned--
And Trump appointed the new head...
That is just too incestuous to be legal...

Old 03-24-2017, 07:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No, it has not been proven that attempts to influence our elections had no effect on the results.

Comey and others have stated clearly that that this was not in the scope of their investigation.
I could have stated that more precisely. The extent of effect on the results, if any, is not known, but the final tally was clearly as the people voted.

"Clapper implicitly conceded that whatever the Russians might have done in making Democratic National Committee emails available to the public, the outcome of the U.S. presidential election nonetheless reflected "the choices" of American voters."

[from his testimony]

Old 03-24-2017, 07:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Smoking gun" to be revealed. "Greatest civil liberties violation we have seen in our country in a long time." — Sara Carter, Circa News Jay Sekulow agrees.

Obama knew. Obama is involved. The truth is coming out. He will be exposed, and Trump vindicated. Here's the latest on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRLVvYzG46w

Sessions is putting together a grand jury on this, with Obama himself being implicated.

No wonder Obama is laying low.

Everything democrats accused republicans of doing..... They have been doing themselves in a cover-up.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:29 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This thread is now 79 pages long.

And we don't have a clear answer to this question. Which should tell everyone that drawing firm conclusions about who the evildoer is is pretty darn premature.
With a lot of the Nunes comments carefully worded to obscure - which does not help. If he was sincerely interested in conducting an investigation into this issue this thread would not even EXIST. Instead he blew up the Committee that is to conduct the ongoing Russian investigations AND this issue, whatever it may be.

There are different types of collections under FISA - various categories of masking (participant, subject, reference) - multiple places of unmasking authority. Right now, Nunes statements appear to be mixing apples and oranges.

AND a key player - Comey, FBI - does not seem to want to play. Why? My guess is that he knows it's nothing but political showmanship and refuses to cross that line (having been once burned but we won't go there).

So there may never be firm conclusions. Another reason maybe why Nunes pounced for maximum show value?

Old 03-24-2017, 07:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneMeyer View Post
I agree it is highly suspicious that Devin Nunez went to Trump is this subject of an investigation. You don't go to the subject of an investigation and tell them everything. This is highly suspicious.
Except the one point y'all keep on passing over which is that Nunes clearly said that what he saw had NOTHING to do with the Russian investigation which is what they are looking into.

Accidentally overlooking that little item or do y'all have another agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies