Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 05:13 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times

Advertisements

what am I missing? the various gov't agencies were monitoring Russians who, because Trump and his campaign people were in contact with, showed up on phone lists and other contact lists. They were not spying on Trump or his people, Trump and his people came up because they were talking with the Russians.

Ironic , considering they are the party of McCarthy.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Not in the realm of talking to congressional hearings or the FBI it doesn't.
Then why did Flynn say that. Why would he ask if he doesn't haven anything to hide?

Old 03-31-2017, 05:21 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And round and round we go.

We do not know for a fact that there was any illegal spying. We do have statements from at least 3 people (Nunes, Comey, Watts) that there was not.
but Trump said their was so that is what they go on.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:57 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
but Trump said their was so that is what they go on.
My wording was inaccurate. Whether it was illegal or not will be discovered. What is already known is that names were not handled according to law. It is illegal to unmask citizens' names. It is also illegal to pass them around to others.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Then why did Flynn say that. Why would he ask if he doesn't haven anything to hide?
As has been explained before, forget one thing or say one thing that's incorrect because you actually forgot and off to jail you go for lying even though there's no intent to lie.
That's one reason to ask for immunity.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
I'm bummed, it's the final episode of Grimm tonight.... The show kind of reminds me of congress and politicians in general...

Old 03-31-2017, 07:13 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
what am I missing? the various gov't agencies were monitoring Russians who, because Trump and his campaign people were in contact with, showed up on phone lists and other contact lists. They were not spying on Trump or his people, Trump and his people came up because they were talking with the Russians.

Ironic , considering they are the party of McCarthy.
Did Trump call the Russians or did they call him?

Old 03-31-2017, 07:30 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Dug out my original reference (this thread):

That was on the 22nd. Couldn't find the original source of the quoted material but a quick google (also of the March 22 period) gives up:

Nunes claims some Trump transition messages were intercepted - POLITICO

There are google hits from that day where he told Schiff "one" name; others where he said "several" but no clear source. Maybe there will be some leaks once others finally see the NSC documents. If Nunes can leak, why not the others?

Eli Lake (who in the past has been supportive of Nunes) just came out with a column that pretty much said that Nunes lied to him about the document story (he "misled" me).
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...russia-inquiry

Everyone is dancing around this. I also barely caught something on CNN that it isn't clear whether today's "document viewing" will be of the same set that Nunes originally saw or if there are others? And *think* I heard that NO intel will be there, placing folks in the same position that Nunes was when he first saw them. Not exactly sure what they have.

Reuters (I think it was, early on said this):

So until someone involves the NSA (don't know what happened to their "deadline") and investigates any unmasking (clarifies rationales for surely there's a paper trail) any conclusions seem far-fetched. Presumably the Senate will take this over for Nunes clearly has blown his wad.

In the meantime, Spicer makes the most damning conclusions - but provides NO details, answers NO questions (but refers folks to Nunes for "investigation"). A bit of a joke, that.
Nunes himself has never said the info he was shown "outed" anyone---
So there is no way to tell at this point where the info that "outed" anyone came from
It might be the Priebus assistant that was forced out of this White House this week--supposedly to go to work for a pro-conservative lobbying firm--but new story out is that she was fired by Trump for "leaking"...
Whether that is accurate and she WAS providing info behind the scenes about WH machinations or not has not been revealed---
But she was tight w/Priebus and it could just be one way he is being prepared for sacrifice since he and Ryan are buddies and Ryan screwed the pooch as they say about the health care bill passing...

Old 03-31-2017, 08:03 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The more I look at it Nunes actions were purposefully done to divert the conversation way from the investigation on Russia, it sure seemed to work as many think what he exposed is on equal footing with the hacking and collusion.
Which is crazy on so many levels.

First of all, Nunes said he guessed the names of Trump and the team because he was actually on the team prior to (or perhaps as well as) chairing the House Intelligence Committee hearings tasked with investigating Trump and the team.

In the second place, to imagine that unmasking names (if it actually ever happened, which seems to be up in the air at the moment) on intelligence reports is anywhere close to Putin interfering in our elections is so crazy that one wonders if this is an idea that hasn't been thought all the way through or a deliberate lie to muddy the waters.

And in the third place, it is absolutely, night-of-Tequila crazy to think that our precious POTUS would be in cahoots with the Kremlin. (Speaking of which, why no official visit yet? Looking forward to that handshake. )

Surely, there's some explanation for all the meetings and phone calls where they talk of "nothing of consequence."

Old 03-31-2017, 08:13 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
My wording was inaccurate. Whether it was illegal or not will be discovered. What is already known is that names were not handled according to law. It is illegal to unmask citizens' names. It is also illegal to pass them around to others.
I will just say again
At this point HOW people's names were learned has not been proved to any certainty
I have heard some of the talk show people say that SOME of the outings of troublesome details involving WH people and others came from people inside the WH who were trying to get other people on Trump's team in trouble with the boss...
Meaning that Sean Spicer would comment on someone to gain cred w/Trump because the person he "outed" would get negative press...
Same with KellyAnne Conway running her mouth

I wouldn't put it past Bannon to be behind part of this because Bannon wants to create havoc ("Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war") as a way to undermine the principles of democracy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies