Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2017, 07:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT do you imagine he should have apologized for?

FACTS! NOT your opinion!

If his lips where moving, he was lying.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:58 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Narcissistic personality disorder means never having to say you're sorry.

That's the most succinct description of Obama I've ever seen. Well said!

Quote:
WHERE is this mystical PROOF that Obama had Trump Tower wire-tapped as Trump alleged?

Please post a link to a credible source and not just some generic BS that security agencies were observing Trump Trump but specific proof that Obama ordered Trump Tower to be wire-tapped.
Quote:
WHAT do you imagine he should have apologized for?

FACTS! NOT your opinion!
Don't you ever get tired of playing the fool? Don't you ever get tired of being 100% wrong?

Old 04-29-2017, 08:32 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As well as the archaic meaning of the word "Obama" and the word "Trump."

Apparently, in the Republican word "Obama wiretapped Trump" actually means "FBI and NSA is monitoring Russian agents employed by Trump."

And they're good with that.
Perhaps we need to specify the non-Kool-Aid 'proof'?

Old 04-29-2017, 09:24 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Did Obama ever apologize for lying about the ACA? Lying about Benghazi? Lying about ISIS? NO I don't recall that he ever did.
Why does the left hold Trump to a higher standard than they held Obama?
Do you honestly believe this or are you just spouting nonsense?

There is no universe in which an initial reports about the Benghazi video which were later corrected is on the same level as, "Obama and the British wiretapped Trump."

There is no universe in which saying you can keep your own doctor is anywhere close to promising more people would be covered by more affordable health insurance and then supporting a bill that will leave 24 million without health insurance.

Lying about ISIS? I suppose you are referring to Obama saying they were the J.V. team. How does this compare to Trump lying about the armada heading to NK?

There just is no comparison.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:25 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
One side- the RW, is truly despicable with the outright lies, distortions and bs.

I was always a Republican. The day I officially left was when the Bush campaign went after John McCain with an unprecedented smear campaign in South Carolina. They called him a traitor, called him crazy, even went so far as to allege he 'fathered a black child'.

That was the absolute worst, bottom dwelling garbage I had ever seen.

I became an independent that day and I have never, not once, looked back.

Oh yes- the right wing is full of garbage, and they cater to the portion of the American public that would otherwise be riveted by grocery store tabloid stories.

Truly disgusting.
... and then when Trump claimed McCain was only a national hero because he got caught, and that Trump prefers those who don't get caught. That there is the sort of thing most people would never think to say. Obama never uttered that sort of crap. Trump spews it left and right. How can anyone not recognize that obvious difference.

Going the way of Independent, however, is really just taking to the sidelines when it comes to the choices we are called upon to make politically...

Old 04-29-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Perhaps we need to specify the non-Kool-Aid 'proof'?
I'm thinking the Fool-Aid must be 190 proof.

Sometimes these threads are just like arguing with drunks, except they sober up and apologize in the morning.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
ACA has shafted a whole lot of people, my family included so that argument is a non-starter.
The ACA has affected millions of people in different ways, but we were all headed for worse without the ACA. What we NEED to do now is IMPROVE on the ACA to make it work better for more and more people, just as many Democrats and Obama have made clear. The Republicans, however, just can't help themselves from their "repeal and replace" mania.

Like I have commented many times before, the Social Security Act met with the same sort of issues when it was born in 1935, and it has been amended how many times since then to "fix" what needed fixing? Look it up! No way no how could the ACA come out the gate perfectly. Far from it! This does NOT mean, however, that the ACA was not the right way to go all considered. It still is, but let's GO forward already!

Old 04-29-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm thinking the Fool-Aid must be 190 proof.

Sometimes these threads are just like arguing with drunks, except they sober up and apologize in the morning.
Just WHAT are Americans drinking?

Old 04-29-2017, 09:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The ACA has affected millions of people in different ways, but we were all headed for worse without the ACA. What we NEED to do now is IMPROVE on the ACA to make it work better for more and more people, just as many Democrats and Obama have made clear. The Republicans, however, just can't help themselves from their "repeal and replace" mania.

Like I have commented many times before, the Social Security Act met with the same sort of issues when it was born in 1935, and it has been amended how many times since then to "fix" what needed fixing? Look it up! No way no how could the ACA come out the gate perfectly. Far from it! This does NOT mean, however, that the ACA was not the right way to go all considered. It still is, but let's GO forward already!
Yep. When President Bush rolled out Medicare Part D it was a disaster. It took a whole lot of amending by Congress before it worked. And guess who helped him make those fixes? Yep, the Congressional Democrats.

You will never, ever, ever see that kind of thing coming from the right. At least not this iteration of the right.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
One side- the RW, is truly despicable with the outright lies, distortions and bs.

I was always a Republican. The day I officially left was when the Bush campaign went after John McCain with an unprecedented smear campaign in South Carolina. They called him a traitor, called him crazy, even went so far as to allege he 'fathered a black child'.

That was the absolute worst, bottom dwelling garbage I had ever seen.

I became an independent that day and I have never, not once, looked back.

Oh yes- the right wing is full of garbage, and they cater to the portion of the American public that would otherwise be riveted by grocery store tabloid stories.

Truly disgusting.
The National Enquirer has been full on Trump for some time now with front-page stories about how Clinton is on her death bed, is a drunk, and I don't know what all.

Oddly enough, I didn't see it the last few times I shopped so I asked what happened. Cashier didn't know, but she said nobody every bought the National Enquirer any more, so they likely used the space for magazines that sell better.

Bush's lying about Kerry and McCain was despicable. Particularly, since Bush hid out in the Air Guard, then disappeared altogether once drug testing became part of the annual flight physical.

Maintaining that he was around but just nobody noticed him is malarky. I know several pilots who all roll their eyes at that one. No one with a father as high up in the government as the senior Bush was at the time is not closely tracked by his superiors. There was no way he could have been around and just no one noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies