Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 07:07 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

I'm thinking this was a sting operation by the FBI. They gave Nunes some information, and waited to see what he would do with it. He rushed straight to the Press and White House instead of the intel committee, thereby confirming FBI suspicions that he's a spy for Trump.
I think the investigation has been at this stage since Trump goaded the Intelligence Services into providing him with their intel on how they knew Russia had meddled in our elections.

Within days of Trump's briefing, Russian cybersecurity experts were hauled off with hoods over their heads, accused of being American spies.

Now whether the IC were playing Trump by giving him false info or whether he was playing them, it was game on at that point.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:24 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I always suspected Comey knew Nunes was compromised, which is why he was pretty unwilling to admit stuff during the closed committee hearing and told Nunes in the open hearings, "I'll never tell you".

I'm thinking this was a sting operation by the FBI. They gave Nunes some information, and waited to see what he would do with it. He rushed straight to the Press and White House instead of the intel committee, thereby confirming FBI suspicions that he's a spy for Trump.
It is very difficult to think who is compromised. I am waiting for some one to leak this report and see the details.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:30 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
It is very difficult to think who is compromised. ...
Pretty clear in this case. Nunes was compromised.

He leaked details of an investigation to both the subject of the investigation as well as the public.

He shouldn't have done that.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:32 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Obama is found out by putting into place weeks before Obama left office to allow sharing of information of all security agencies. This is the action of Obama to make leaks much harder to trace. It all goes back to Obama,the snake and liar. So dirty. Makes Nixon look clean.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:36 AM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default Nunn ran to the Whitehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Imagine if you will, that the Word came down from the Man to dig up what you can on the American president elect. That is, what he is doing now, and what he did. Trouble is the president-elect resides in Trump Tower and never comes out. People come to see him.

Our options are limited.

Let's begin.

"Electronic monitoring, or wiretapping, refers to the surveillance of email, fax, Internet and telephone communications. This activity requires a court order to proceed, based on a U.S. government affidavit showing that a crime has been, is being or will be committed. However, if a person risks severe injury or death, the government can ask to start monitoring communications right away, the U.S. Department of Justice states. Similar exceptions are made for organized crime or national security cases" So we can make a claim for a national security case. Done and done.

And, surveil the big kahuna. Everyone in and out is a target. And let's surveil those guys too.

Make sure we talk to Trump's enemies. Produce transcripts of those interviews and make internal memos which accept the accusations whole cloth with the exception that we add, "It's reported that ..." to the memos which we leak.

One thing I have noticed about law enforcement is that they don't want to hide under your bed. They do what they have done thousands of times before. Look in your window and if they can't do that, listen in.

How else could they surveil the president elect?
...with surveillance before speaking to his intelligence committee. Question is what "persons of interest" found in the electronic monitoring were "unmasked". Not to far a speculation to believe Trump and his minions were unmasked in those reports. The FBI is not cooperating with Nunn's request for copies of those surveillance reports. Did James Comey pull a Crapper and lie to Congress?

Old 03-23-2017, 07:38 AM

302 posts, read 182,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
How dare U.S. intelligence listen in on conversations between U.S. citizens and foreign spies! What gives them the right!
But this information is not supposed to be circulated (with names of US citizens) among the intelligence community and then leaked to the press.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:42 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The one problem with your scenario is that it's been said over and over again that there is NO EVIDENCE that Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia and today it was said by Nunes very,very clearly that the alleged surveillance of Trump/Trump Tower or his campaign had NOTHING to do with the Russian investigation.
So, care to try again?
This is truly fantastic.

It would be like saying that you have a flock of young boys and girls being watched over by a child molestor 24/7/365 and rumors were flying......and yet you would claim "no evidence".

There is plenty of evidence. Now - whether that evidence is at the level where it will be heard by a Grand Jury or used to criminally prosecute Trump or his admin...that's another thing.

Heck, we have Trump IN PUBLIC asking Russia to hack us. I would think that in itself is a crime. We have many members of his staff and admin who have long term relationships with the Russians.

Also, you say "there is no evidence". If you speak our English language you would change that to "I, just a regular dude on the street, don't have in my hands at the moment any evidence"...an honest person might add "but the optics aren't good because there is often fire when the smoke is heavy"

Instead you spread fake news and say there is no evidence. I have to assume Comey and his buddies have LOTS of evidence. Enough for it to rise to the level of a full-out investigation by national security agencies. That's not a low barrier to entry.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:43 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Obama is dirty!

Old 03-23-2017, 07:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is truly fantastic.

It would be like saying that you have a flock of young boys and girls being watched over by a child molestor 24/7/365 and rumors were flying......and yet you would claim "no evidence".

There is plenty of evidence. Now - whether that evidence is at the level where it will be heard by a Grand Jury or used to criminally prosecute Trump or his admin...that's another thing.

Heck, we have Trump IN PUBLIC asking Russia to hack us. I would think that in itself is a crime. We have many members of his staff and admin who have long term relationships with the Russians.

Also, you say "there is no evidence". If you speak our English language you would change that to "I, just a regular dude on the street, don't have in my hands at the moment any evidence"...an honest person might add "but the optics aren't good because there is often fire when the smoke is heavy"

Instead you spread fake news and say there is no evidence. I have to assume Comey and his buddies have LOTS of evidence. Enough for it to rise to the level of a full-out investigation by national security agencies. That's not a low barrier to entry.
Can you tell us what SPECIFIC evidence there is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies