Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IS RyanCare Dead?
No - It will pass. Ryan has the votes 11 12.79%
Yes - It's DOA, Nobody wants Obamacare 2.0 75 87.21%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 05:03 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's Ryancare. And I was correct. It didn't have the votes.

Big embarrassment for Paul Ryan.
The repubs (and others) elected trump. The repubs claimed they'd repeal the ACA (what they labeled Obamacare - though yes, our past President did care).

Trump promised an amazing ACA replacement - as large and glorious as his hands.

Instead, we got trumpcare (after the toddler-in-chief admitted that healthcare is complicated - who knew?).

Finding intelligence in the election of trump is like a sad game of "where's waldo".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 05:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
It's Ryancare. And I was correct. It didn't have the votes.

Big embarrassment for Paul Ryan.
Just answer one question, WK. If Trump didn't want this bill, why did he stump so hard for it over the last few days?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
No, it's definitely Trumpcare, and frankly it's weird that some random citizen like you would try to absolve Trump of any of the potential fallout that may result from its passage by calling it Ryancare.

It shows that you're loyal to the personality, regardless of policy. That's some cult-like devotion right there.
Who was author of it? Paul Ryan. Who promoted it in long press conference? Paul Ryan. Who took congressional ownership of it? Paul Ryan

e.g. Ryancare.

And it failed to pass as I predicted.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:08 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
What sort of leadership is the members of the House Freedom Caucus offering on the issue? I don't see them positing a politically viable solution to the "problem". If House Republicans can't come to some sort of politically viable agreement, then Obamacare is here to stay. All of the ideological grandstanding, political showmanship, and obstructionism was fine and dandy when Obama was in the Whitehouse, but Republicans now have ownership of the results of Washington. If they can't deliver feasible, meaningful results, then they don't deserve to be running the show. It's as simple as that.

You wailed and gnashed your teeth for eight damn years about this thing, and now you can't put your heads together to agree on an optimum solution? Laughable. SAD!!!
What the Freedom Caucus wants is very clear: they don't want Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security,etc. They want people to die. That's all.

Conservatives don't want to help people out with healthcare, period. That's the reason they don't have a viable alternative to Obamacare: they don't want one.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Just answer one question, WK. If Trump didn't want this bill, why did he stump so hard for it over the last few days?
It's like banging your head against a wall, no? She's another member of Cult 45.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
What the Freedom Caucus wants is very clear: ....They want people to die. .....
How silly.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:12 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Who was author of it? Paul Ryan. Who promoted it in long press conference? Paul Ryan. Who took congressional ownership of it? Paul Ryan

e.g. Ryancare.

And it failed to pass as I predicted.
And who was making public threats to conservative politicians if it didn't pass? Trump. It was a White House endorsed agenda and the White House wanted to get it passed.

Yup, it's Trumpcare. Sorry it didn't pass, must've been rough for you.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:19 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
I don't care if it's Trumpcare or Ryancare, and I don't care if it takes another week to get it right. I don't care if things could have/should have been done differently that would have gotten it passed today. Cruz is doing what he does best, and others are too.

All I know is that the horrible penalty that hurt so many Americans is gone, and when I wake up tomorrow morning and my feet hit the floor, I know we won't have Clintoncare and I will once again say thank you that Clinton is not president.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
And who was making public threats to conservative politicians if it didn't pass? Trump. It was a White House endorsed agenda and the White House wanted to get it passed.

Yup, it's Trumpcare. Sorry it didn't pass, must've been rough for you.
Nope. Ryancare.

What threats?

And dear, it's not about me. However if you read through this topic, you will find that I've been against it. So you are wrong on that too.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:31 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Nope. Ryancare.

What threats?

And dear, it's not about me. However if you read through this topic, you will find that I've been against it. So you are wrong on that too.
It was at an hourlong conference meeting in DC with Republicans.

I can tell this one was real rough on you Waldo, it was so difficult for you to accept the idea that your hero could ever suffer a defeat that you had to preemptively shift the blame onto someone else before he could even have the chance. I sympathize, truly.

RIP Trumpcare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies