Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:20 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,419,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You guys ...
Who is "You guys" ?

You don't know me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 AM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Who is "You guys" ?

You don't know me.

You guys that are outraged today, see bolded. I don't need to "know" you to recognize the type. Which is generally placed in the Hypocrite file.

As a note, I didn't vote for Trump but I do so enjoy pointing out hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It has Trumpterism stamped all over it.

Another trick from the dirty kitbag.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:26 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,456,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Saw this comment on another website:
I saw similar comments on other discussion forums.

As a civilian, I will never judge a combat veteran. My brother was a combat vet, he was with an elite special force unit when he was in the Marine Corps. I was just a little girl when he was a Recon Marine, and he told one of his friend that if he was captured, he'd kill himself because the enemies would torture him to death.

This said, if the POW decided to "confess" or "commit suicide", I still would consider him/her as a hero. However, the line should be drawn somewhere.

If the enemies call you a Songbird because you gave up classified military operations details without a struggle, then it is pretty safe to assume that you crossed the line.

Here is a very fair and balanced video about McCain by other vietnam vets. I volunteer at a VA hospital, and many Vietnam vets have told me that I as a civilian should not disrespect a war hero, but I should always be able to ask questions and form my own opinions. (I agree.)

Oh by the way, they all said that just because you are a pow or a combat vet, doesn't mean you are automatically hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFM1xqqTX_g

Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,710,192 times
I'm sure he was forced.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:47 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
You think that its funny?

Seriously?

John McCain suffered multiple fractures when he ejected from his plane, his captors added more injuries after he was caught. He was tortured for a confession and left for dead until it was discovered that he was the son of an American admiral, after which the North Vietnamese gave him enough medical care to keep him alive.

In a propaganda effort, the North Vietnamese offered McCain, as the son of the commander of American Forces in Vietnam, an early release. If McCain had accepted, he would have been sent back to the States and would have received proper medical treatment for the injuries and subsequent illnesses that nearly killed him. He also would have enabled the North Vietnamese to show the other POWs that the American military valued the sons of their elite more than the other service personnel.

McCain is a hero because he refused to accept early release, denying the propaganda victory that his captors sought.
You got that right and it turned my stomach when Trump---a man with a faked bone spur to keep him out of the military---disrespected McCain and his hero status. (He couldn't even remember what foot his supposed bone spur was on and real bone spurs don't go away without surgery. They just get worse over time and it's not something you'd forget. McCain, to this day, has limited use of one arm, thanks to the torture he endured.)

Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I'm sure he was forced.
Of course he was. All of the POWs who made statements were forced. They were subject to isolation, starvation and extended torture.

Trump's fans, or the Russians, (perhaps both) are obviously feeling the heat since they're trotting this old lie out again. It's total BS.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:01 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,406,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can't stand McCain. I may throw a little party when he kicks off. I'm not upset with him over something that happened near 45 years ago.
that's 48 almost 50 years ago...

I wonder if he's ever discussed it publicly.

not likely.

but dust off the reel to reel and call CNN! - he's gonna talk about it after this comes out !

Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,885,535 times
Unless the OP was a POW who endured YEARS of torture, they have NO right to opine on this subject.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
McCain, to this day, has limited use of one arm, thanks to the torture he endured.)
Sadly...it's both arms. He can't lift either arm above his shoulders.

Something to think about when watching Trump, who refused to serve his country by using fake claims of a sore foot, play golf every weekend.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post

Well........................................... he was tortured.

Under the same circumstances, 99% of Americans would have done the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies