U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:25 AM

8,664 posts, read 6,338,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Could I borrow your crystal ball or whatever it is you use to read other people's thoughts? Or are you merely projecting your own thought process on to other posters? I'm sure you would have "never stated such" unless No-Recess posted what he did, so pot meet kettle.

(I threw in a few gratuitous eye rolls since you seem to like them so much..)

Have a nice day.
Its called "pattern recognition". I know how the minds of people like this work, from seeing the patterns over the years, of their expressed thoughts. Most people do not say overtly racist things today ONLY because they KNOW that such rhetoric reflects negatively upon them as an individual. Thus, people are cognizant not to express thoughts that sound overtly racist....notwithstanding having such thoughts and feelings. In other words, the goal is not to eliminate the thoughts or feelings, but rather, to keep them hidden to protect ones image.

I, and I am sure many other blacks on this forum, read racist stuff every day from many posters. The posters doing it do so because they don't know that it exposes them as racist, and hence they do not feel their words reflect negatively on their image. These people have a "template" of restricted words and phrases that have been established as evidence of racist people....hence....a pejorative. Nobody wants to see themselves or expose themselves as being a pejorative. Thus, they simply repress these words and phrases, while keeping the beliefs and emotions that give birth to such words and phrases.

If a person is a racist, there is no way to communicate, concerning issues of race, without exposing that you are a racist. If you are a racist and express your beliefs and emotions through words, even if and when you filter out the overt stuff, it will sound racist because the beliefs that the thoughts are born from are racist. You are not fooling anybody but yourself by repressing certain words and phrases.

I say all that to say this. People are deceptive and often seek to deceive and they will and do use deception to booster their self image all the time. Not only do people attempt to deceive others, they attempt to deceive themselves as well. No one wants to be seen as a pejorative and no one wants to see themselves as a pejorative and hence people deceive to achieve this end. Hence, people who would not normally see a white person who commits a crime as a thug or savage, but would see a black person who does that as such, would not admit to that fact because it would expose them as a pejorative. Thus, even though it is highly probable that no one would have called this sword killer a thug and savage, they will do so to prove to others, as well as themselves, that they are not guilt of being one of those pejoratives who see black criminals as thugs and savages, but white criminals as people who are mentally disturbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 11:27 AM

506 posts, read 225,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Its called "pattern recognition". I know how the minds of people like this work, from seeing the patterns over the years, of their expressed thoughts.

I too, am great at "pattern recognition".

Old 03-23-2017, 11:32 AM

14,376 posts, read 7,088,716 times
White nationalists/seperatists racist type of people are the biggest terroristic threat of this nation IMO.

They really do need to be investigated more thoroughly. A man lost his life over some ridiculousness.

If this would have been a Muslim the President and his minions would be up in arms over banning people. If it would have been a black man stabbing white people because they are white it would have been on then national news and everyone would be talking about things being wrong with "the black community."

So the question is, what is going on with "the white community?" Why are there so many white people going nutso in our country today and none of you blaming it on them being white, their ethnicity or their religion.

They can get a pass on their crazy even though white nationalistic ideologies are becoming more popular today in our country. There is a guy set to be released in my local area who was intercepted by the FBI who wanted to attack black people and Jews.

Trump wants to show us how many illegal immigrants are committing crimes, I'd like him to also give us a website about white nationalists so we can know who they are and what they have done or been thwarted from doing.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:33 AM

11,287 posts, read 16,808,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Im curious how many people will call him a thug and a savage, and say he should be immediately killed.
Is that a trick question?

Old 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM

14,376 posts, read 7,088,716 times
Quote:
Its called "pattern recognition". I know how the minds of people like this work, from seeing the patterns over the years, of their expressed thoughts. Most people do not say overtly racist things today ONLY because they KNOW that such rhetoric reflects negatively upon them as an individual. Thus, people are cognizant not to express thoughts that sound overtly racist....notwithstanding having such thoughts and feelings. In other words, the goal is not to eliminate the thoughts or feelings, but rather, to keep them hidden to protect ones image.

I, and I am sure many other blacks on this forum, read racist stuff every day from many posters. The posters doing it do so because they don't know that it exposes them as racist, and hence they do not feel their words reflect negatively on their image. These people have a "template" of restricted words and phrases that have been established as evidence of racist people....hence....a pejorative. Nobody wants to see themselves or expose themselves as being a pejorative. Thus, they simply repress these words and phrases, while keeping the beliefs and emotions that give birth to such words and phrases.

If a person is a racist, there is no way to communicate, concerning issues of race, without exposing that you are a racist. If you are a racist and express your beliefs and emotions through words, even if and when you filter out the overt stuff, it will sound racist because the beliefs that the thoughts are born from are racist. You are not fooling anybody but yourself by repressing certain words and phrases.

I say all that to say this. People are deceptive and often seek to deceive and they will and do use deception to booster their self image all the time. Not only do people attempt to deceive others, they attempt to deceive themselves as well. No one wants to be seen as a pejorative and no one wants to see themselves as a pejorative and hence people deceive to achieve this end. Hence, people who would not normally see a white person who commits a crime as a thug or savage, but would see a black person who does that as such, would not admit to that fact because it would expose them as a pejorative. Thus, even though it is highly probable that no one would have called this sword killer a thug and savage, they will do so to prove to others, as well as themselves, that they are not guilt of being one of those pejoratives who see black criminals as thugs and savages, but white criminals as people who are mentally disturbed.

I agree with this. I also personally see a lot of racism on this forum, most of which I don't even comment on and I actually comment about it quit a bit.

On the thing of non-whites being seen as "savages" I'd also add that there is never discussed about there being anything inherently inferior in regards to "white culture" and "the white community" and its parenting of its children when it comes to outright terrorism that whites in this country commit or plan and are thwarted from committing.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:36 PM

8,664 posts, read 6,338,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this. I also personally see a lot of racism on this forum, most of which I don't even comment on and I actually comment about it quit a bit.

On the thing of non-whites being seen as "savages" I'd also add that there is never discussed about there being anything inherently inferior in regards to "white culture" and "the white community" and its parenting of its children when it comes to outright terrorism that whites in this country commit or plan and are thwarted from committing.

Exactly! When I read the local news online, there is always a comment section following stories of crime and what not. When the perpetrators of a crime are black or assumed black, the community is implicitly or explicitly attacked, the victim is attacked, the perpetrator is attacked, the perpetrators parents are attacked, BLM or Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are attacked…etc. On the other hand, when a white person commits a crime they get more empathy and sympathy and are seen as having some sort of INDIVIDUAL “break down” or an addiction problem. Their parents are rarely brought up, their communities are rarely brought up, the victims are not attacked and no one ask what Rush Limbaugh or Shaw Hannity is doing about it. However, if someone makes an early post forecasting the typical double standard, like the OP did here; it ALWAYS changes the responses the tone and wording of the subsequent responses…..because once you establish the definition of a racist…..the posters become cognizant to avoid meeting the definition. Some cannot avoid meeting it so they either don’t post or post attacking the person who presented the definition, while others will post comments trying to skirt meeting the definition of racism….but failing.

We are a country of over 300 million people. While the percentage of people who are racist might be at one of the lowest percentages ever, the absolute number of racist is as high as ever. It takes about the same percentage of the population being racist, to reduce the quality of life of people, as it takes people being criminals to reduce the quality of life of others. With that said, there is a much, much higher percentage of the population who are racist than there is that are violent criminals. Criminals have a one to many impact and so do racist. A city with only 2% of its population being violent criminals would make that one of the worst cities to live. What about a nation where just 30% of whites were racist? What would life be like for many non-whites?

There are many whites people who are not racist, but they are used as camouflage by the racist. For example, how many times have you heard a white republican use the election of Obama as proof that the nation is not racist and is past race? The irony in that is the fact these people were antithetical to the election of Obama and are using the behavior of liberal whites, who they disagree with, to try to prove that the nation is “good”…or not racist. If we were left to their devices and aims, there would be no such evidence that the nation is not racist. Thus, what we have is racist using non racist to mask there existence by using the deeds of the good to mask the objectives and goals of the bad.....and more importantly.....to discredit those, like blacks, who complain about the impact of racism. In other words, racist white people use the behavior of good white people to discredit the argument of racism made by blacks.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-23-2017 at 12:46 PM..

Old 03-23-2017, 12:46 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,629,327 times
Quote:
Exactly! When I read the local news online, there is always a comment section following stories of crime and what not. When the perpetrators of a crime are black or assumed black, the community is implicitly or explicitly attacked, the victim is attacked, the perpetrator is attacked, the perpetrators parents are attacked, BLM or Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are attacked…etc. On the other hand, when a white person commits a crime they get more empathy and sympathy and are seen as having some sort of INDIVIDUAL “break down” or an addiction problem. Their parents are rarely brought up, their communities are rarely brought up, the victims are not attacked and no one ask what Rush Limbaugh or Shaw Hannity is doing about it. However, if someone makes an early post forecasting the typical double standard, like the OP did here; it ALWAYS changes the responses the tone and wording of the subsequent responses…..because once you establish the definition of a racist…..the posters become cognizant to avoid meeting the definition. Some cannot avoid meeting it so they either don’t post or post attacking the person who presented the definition, while others will post comments trying to skirt meeting the definition of racism….but failing.

We are a country of over 300 million people. While the percentage of people who are racist might be at one of the lowest percentages ever, the absolute number of racist is as high as ever. It takes about the same percentage of the population being racist, to reduce the quality of life of people, as it takes people being criminals to reduce the quality of life of others. With that said, there is a much, much higher percentage of the population who are racist than there is that are violent criminals. Criminals have a one to many impact and so do racist. A city with only 2% of its population being violent criminals would make that one of the worst cities to live. What about a nation where just 30% of whites were racist? What would life be like for many non-whites?

There are many whites people who are not racist, but they are used as camouflage by the racist. For example, how many times have you heard a white republican use the election of Obama as proof that the nation is not racist and is past race? The irony in that is the fact these people were antithetical to the election of Obama and are using the behavior of liberal whites, who they disagree with, to try to prove that the nation is “good”…or not racist. If we were left to their devices and aims, there would be no such evidence that the nation is not racist. Thus, what we have is racist using non racist to mask there existence by using the deeds of the good to mask the objectives and goals of the bad.....and more importantly.....to discredit those, like blacks, who complain about the impact of racism.

They won't ever get it, which is why 98% of the time I just ignore their ignorant comments.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:57 PM

2,027 posts, read 578,742 times
Quote:
well said. The same thing happens here in KC. News stories with black suspects get a few hundred comments talking about black "culture" and basically people start talking about black people instead of that one person. When it's a white person, they immediately go into mental illness or say that one person needs to be executed, but there is no discussion of whites plural or white culture.

And like you said, when you predict exactly what they are going to say, they immediately attack either the person predicting or they attack black culture, or in most cases on these forums BLM is brought up randomly.

Great post.

But on the topic of the OP, this is what happens when people normalize racism telling the alt-right people its okay to be that extreme. Our society constantly rewarded white men killing blacks whether it's a white neighbor killing a black person or some white cop killing a black person. People see that and they know they'll be fine. Don't be surprised if this guy is let off of his alleged crime.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:02 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
And is anyone making excuses for the type of belief and ideology which would underpin or motivate someone to target people on account of their race?

Liberals? Any "soft spot" for the tons of other white nationalists who AREN'T violent, and who would NEVER condone violence against non-whites? You know, the ones who are just interested in preserving white culture and white people, and who don't advocate genocide of others?

Any excuse making for the underpinning mindset?

No? No? Anybody?

Old 03-23-2017, 01:06 PM

2,027 posts, read 578,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And is anyone making excuses for the type of belief and ideology which would underpin or motivate someone to target people on account of their race?

Liberals? Any "soft spot" for the tons of other white nationalists who AREN'T violent, and who would NEVER condone violence against non-whites? You know, the ones who are just interested in preserving white culture and white people, and who don't advocate genocide of others?

Any excuse making for the underpinning mindset?

No? No? Anybody?
many of these people sit on juries and uphold it there. Or in the voting booths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies