U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:22 PM

9,109 posts, read 6,550,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
well said. The same thing happens here in KC. News stories with black suspects get a few hundred comments talking about black "culture" and basically people start talking about black people instead of that one person. When it's a white person, they immediately go into mental illness or say that one person needs to be executed, but there is no discussion of whites plural or white culture.

And like you said, when you predict exactly what they are going to say, they immediately attack either the person predicting or they attack black culture, or in most cases on these forums BLM is brought up randomly.

Great post.

But on the topic of the OP, this is what happens when people normalize racism telling the alt-right people its okay to be that extreme. Our society constantly rewarded white men killing blacks whether it's a white neighbor killing a black person or some white cop killing a black person. People see that and they know they'll be fine. Don't be surprised if this guy is let off of his alleged crime.
One of the patterns that I see is that many whites look for an excuse or justification to express/unleash negative thoughts and emotions about blacks. To them, its not racism if their is JUSTIFICATION. This is why, as you noted, an act by an individual black person, committing a crime, leads to an overall attack on their parents, their community, the culture and race. Those individual acts of violence just become the rationale to release their racism....and then protecting their self image by rationalizing and arguing that act justified their racist rant. In other words, it gives them an excuse or cover to be racist. .

The video below represents a case study of the theory I just proposed. A black person seen as doing something wrong provides the pretext and cover to release ones racism. Without the juxtaposition of what happens to a white person in a similar scenario.......the racism would not be so evident. Rarely do whites get to see such juxtaposition and they don't want to see it to avoid the epiphany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-23-2017 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 02:26 PM

9,350 posts, read 5,335,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
::Bike theft social experiment::
I've seen that before. Pretty interesting how much of an impact skin color has to do with the way people react towards you.

Have you seen this one? Two guys, in the same town, walk down the street LEGALLY with an AR-15. One guy is white, one guy is black. Watch how differently it plays out....

Old 03-23-2017, 02:39 PM

9,109 posts, read 6,550,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I've seen that before. Pretty interesting how much of an impact skin color has to do with the way people react towards you.

Have you seen this one? Two guys, in the same town, walk down the street LEGALLY with an AR-15. One guy is white, one guy is black. Watch how differently it plays out....

Yes....I watched that video before too......classic microcosm depicting how race impacts reaction. Again, without the juxtaposition of the video.....society would not see the racism. The black person would say that he was treated that way because he was black....and the police and society would say he was treated that way because of his behavior. Videos like the ones presented shows there is a difference. Based upon what those two videos show......what if Travon Martin were white? What if Michael Brown were white? Many whites look at the actions of Travon and Michael as justification to what happened to them, while blacks see/believe that if they had been white they would not have received the same treatment and would be alive today.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:59 PM

2,537 posts, read 1,154,730 times
Death penalty when he is convicted. PERIOD. As a matter of fact, death by having his head cut off... slowly.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:02 PM

64,006 posts, read 28,819,925 times
I find it interesting that the racist murderer hails from a heavily Dem area of the country. Baltimore? They went 85% for Hillary.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:39 PM

14,787 posts, read 7,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And is anyone making excuses for the type of belief and ideology which would underpin or motivate someone to target people on account of their race?

Liberals? Any "soft spot" for the tons of other white nationalists who AREN'T violent, and who would NEVER condone violence against non-whites? You know, the ones who are just interested in preserving white culture and white people, and who don't advocate genocide of others?

Any excuse making for the underpinning mindset?

No? No? Anybody?

On the bold - I'm not a liberal but I hold no "soft spot" for anyone who is a racist, plain and simple.

Why do they need a "soft spot?"

On "white culture" it is the "white nationalist culture" that is to blame for this man's death in NYC and for the 9 dead church members in SC and for people in my own city who have been attacked and beaten by white nationalist group members. Also white nationalist who plotted to blow up a mosque in my area.

Also, I doubt you can even describe what "white culture" is? Here in America, we have an "American culture." And American culture is heavily influenced by black Americans from the beginnings of country. Food, music, art, and other things that make America "great" are the way they are due to the "melting pot" of our country. Not because of an imagined "white culture."

Old 03-23-2017, 03:43 PM

15,165 posts, read 7,857,640 times
About 40 murders a day in USA. Congrats on finally finding another white on black hate crime. Run with it msm..oh, they already have. Agenda?

Old 03-23-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
many of these people sit on juries and uphold it there. Or in the voting booths.

They are also in our PD departments and especially so in the Baltimore area where this man was from. I recently watched a documentary about a black man who goes around trying to convince KKK and white nationalists to give up racism and one of the men he converted was a former member of the Baltimore PD.

FBI Warned of White Supremacists in Law Enforcement

From the link:

Quote:
In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists. The bulletin was released during a period of scandal for many law enforcement agencies throughout the country, including a neo-Nazi gang formed by members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department who harassed black and Latino communities. Similar investigations revealed officers and entire agencies with hate group ties in Illinois, Ohio and Texas.

Much of the bulletin has been redacted, but in it, the FBI identified white supremacists in law enforcement as a concern, because of their access to both “restricted areas vulnerable to sabotage” and elected officials or people who could be seen as “potential targets for violence.” The memo also warned of “ghost skins,” hate group members who don’t overtly display their beliefs in order to “blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.”

“At least one white supremacist group has reportedly encouraged ghost skins to seek positions in law enforcement for the capability of alerting skinhead crews of pending investigative action against them,” the report read.
The blue is what posters like the one you responded to are doing in our PDs and in society. They are advancing their culture of hate and trying to act like that is "white culture."

Old 03-23-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I find it interesting that the racist murderer hails from a heavily Dem area of the country. Baltimore? They went 85% for Hillary.
Why do people on this forum always make silly comments regarding political parties and act like someone can't be a racist if they are a Democrat or Republican.

Nobody gives a crap if the area he is from is Democratic. I live in a Democratic city and I know people who are racist and who vote Democrat. I also know some people who I truly do believe are involved in white supremacist groups who have voted for Democrats. Racism knows no political party.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:47 PM

12,077 posts, read 9,997,432 times
Terrorist. I don't expect a denunciation from the WH any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies