Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 01:16 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,502,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Bullcrap.

Try to explain away this trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AVRLld6mbc
If I want to watch videos I'll turn on the tv. Pushing one at me isn't going to make your case.

1) I am not a fan of Islam. So you don't need to attempt to convince me of anything on that front. But 2) I am a reasonable person who knows that a photograph cannot always convey the context of the moment that it captures, and this photograph is an example of that. If she wasn't wearing a hijab I doubt this photo would have been warranted a second look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 02:05 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
If I want to watch videos I'll turn on the tv. Pushing one at me isn't going to make your case.

1) I am not a fan of Islam. So you don't need to attempt to convince me of anything on that front. But 2) I am a reasonable person who knows that a photograph cannot always convey the context of the moment that it captures, and this photograph is an example of that. If she wasn't wearing a hijab I doubt this photo would have been warranted a second look.
Agreed on Islam and if you enlarge that picture a little bit, she looks pretty shaken, like she is sending an OMG, not again type text.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:21 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Nobody ever said "throwing money at poor people" was the solution. That's not how it works. The real problem Europe is facing is young unemployed Muslim men with no path in life. Investing in schools, infrastructure, and job traning will absolutely solve this problem. Why is South Africa the murder capital of the world? Because there's no opportunity for 60% of the population.

I'd like to here what genius solution you have if mine is so radical.
Send them back to their own country, where they can work to make it better. No more tax dollars going to terrorists-in-the-making, and more money for schools, infrastructure and job training.

Problem solved.

By the way, "investing in" IS throwing money at poor people. Just so you know.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:03 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,245,642 times
Everything that is currently known about the attacker Khalid Masood: Everything we know about the London attacker

Old 03-24-2017, 01:26 PM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Everything that is currently known about the attacker Khalid Masood: Everything we know about the London attacker

Khalid Masood's real name is Adrian Russell Ajao, he was born in Kent and raised a Christian, he had a very middle class upbringing in Kent, he went to a middle class school in Tunbridge Wells, he was believed to have become a Muslim Convert whilst in prison for violent offences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegraph

Burly body-building enthusiast Khalid Masood, 52, was born in Dartford in Kent on Christmas Day 1964. His mother Janet Ajao gave birth when she was just 17 years old and brought him up as Adrian Russell Ajao.

The married father-of-three spent years moving round the country - and the prison system - with a host of different identities, including Adrian Elms.

When Masood was two years old, his mother, now 69, married Philip Ajao in 1966 and they brought him up in a £300,000 house in the seaside town of Rye, East Sussex, and later upmarket Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

A childhood classmate of Masood described him as a popular pupil who "liked to party". He was also a keen schoolboy footballer.Then, two decades later, they moved to Tunbridge Wells, Kent, where they lived with Masood’s half-brothers, Alex and Paul.

Paul lives in Banbury, Oxfordshire where he runs florist and fabric companies. Mrs Ajao now lives with Philip in the Welsh-speaking village of Trelech in rural Carmarthenshire where she sells textile goods that she sews.

Over the past five or six years, Masood, his wife, aged 39, and their young children, have been on the move. He lived for more than two years until 2013 in Luton, where Anjem Choudary, an influential preacher now in jail for terror offences, had been a regular and often mob-handed visitor.

From Luton, Masood and his family moved to Forest Gate in east London where neighbours said he frequented a mosque in nearby Leyton. At some stage Masood’s wife had moved to a new property on the site of the Olympic Village.

A property there was raided by police on Wednesday night.In the past year, Masood and his family moved to Birmingham to a block of flats at Quayside in Winson Green. It is not clear why they moved there, but that property was also raided by anti-terror police following the attack.

He was known to police and had several previous convictions across 20 years, although he had never been convicted of any terrorism offences. His first conviction was in November 1983 for criminal damage when he was 18.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “He was known to police and has a range of previous convictions for assaults, including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences.”

In July 2000, aged 35, Masood snapped and slashed a man across the face with a knife after an argument that had "racial overtones". He was living in the quiet Sussex village of Northiam when in he attacked cafe owner Piers Mott in the face with a knife.

Hove Crown Court heard that the attack left Masood and his young family "ostracised" in the village. He had been in conflict with his victim before.

After leaving the Crown and Thistle in Northiam, near Rye in East Sussex, in which he argued with his victim, Masood lost his temper and slashed seat covers in Mott's car. When Mott arrived at his car, Masood waved the knife at him and caught his face, leaving him needing more than 20 stitches.

The court heard at the time that Masood had consumed four pints during the afternoon and had the knife because he was decorating his daughter's bedroom. Judge Charles Kemp sentenced Masood - then Elms - to two years in prison.

Three years later, and now out of jail, Masood was accused of stabbing a man in the nose in Eastbourne, leaving him needing cosmetic surgery. He was sent back to jail for another six months for possession of an offensive weapon.

By 2005 he was working in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia, teaching workers at the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) in Jeddah, according to The Sun, which says it obtained a copy of Masood's CV.

In the CV he is said to describe himself as “British”, “friendly and approachable” and a good listener and the document reportedly claims he had a economics degree. He apparently began in sales and was later promoted to manager at Aaron Chemicals in Bodiam, East Sussex.

In 2004 he is understood to have married a Muslim, Farzana Malik. It is unclear what became of their marriage and whether Masood converted to Islam at the time. In the same year, The Sun reports, Masood’s CV claims he gained a TESOL certificate, allowing him to teach English to foreigners.

In spring 2009, Masood reportedly returned from Saudi Arabia to the UK. After a five-month gap, he is said to have joined a TEFL college in Luton as a “senior English teacher”.

Khalid Masood: Everything we know about the London attacker - Telegraph

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-24-2017 at 02:03 PM..

Old 03-25-2017, 04:03 AM

Those insidious middle classes

Old 03-25-2017, 09:26 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
He'd made several trips to Saudi Arab ia where they think he was radicalized.

You know, one of those countries NOT on the travel ban list Dog & Pony Show?

Old 03-26-2017, 12:06 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Not a single care was given, she's just going on about her life as usual.

Could a Muslim help anybody who isn't a Muslim after a terrorist attack?
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/34...tograph/#page1

Old 03-26-2017, 06:02 AM

That poor woman

Old 03-26-2017, 07:27 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
...... Solve economic disenfranchisement and you will help alleviate terrorism in Europe.
Good idea. Where do they start?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies