Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:46 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times

Advertisements

Since we are discussing President Trump's taste in home furnishings, I thought this article was interesting:

Donald Trump has the Design Taste of a Dictator - POLITICO Magazine

The article is by a person that wrote a book a decade ago, in which he investigated what 'styles' various dictators seemed to enjoy. In short, the author thinks that Mr. Trump fits that style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 11:02 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Who cares? If he's in danger....who cares?

Old 03-24-2017, 11:19 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Secret service should not be in the business of protecting any of his adult children...they are not elected officials they don't deserve protection.
If Malania wants SS protection, she should stop being a horrible wife and move to the White House. Should be no protection of Trump Tower.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Good- they can protect the Trump children as they gallivant all over the world.

They always have, since well before Trump thought about throwing his MAGA hat into the ring.

Old 03-27-2017, 09:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How would you like to go to sleep in this comfy little bedroom ? I would be afraid to sleep there.

BTW, I think those are Playboy and Mad Magazines on the foot of the bed.
I guess this is surprising since our last President was wearing a hat smoking a doobie.......which, one shows more power, success in life and $$$$?

Possibly, all those business magazines got him to the top of the tower!

Old 03-27-2017, 09:53 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
I love it,the hole just gets deeper and deeper.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Took 100 Secret Service to protect 3 adult children, their spouces and grandkids while they vacationed I Aspin for a week.

That's insane.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:08 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Took 100 Secret Service to protect 3 adult children, their spouces and grandkids while they vacationed I Aspin for a week.

That's insane.
this is what happens when they put NO rules on the elected - NO ethics NO nada-- we soon all be eating our socks-- summer is coming --

Old 03-27-2017, 07:44 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No wonder he is giving his salary to charity...
He doesn't need it.
You notice he said he was not taking a salary. Now he says he's giving the $400,000 to charity. I'll believe that when I see it. Remember how he was going to give $2,000,000 to the Vets and then didn't do it until much later because a reporter investigated and found out he had not donated the money. The reporter went on all the news outlets and announced it, so finally Trump had to donate the money.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Fiscal Times
U.S. Secret Service spending to provide security for the lavish and far-flung travel of President Trump and his family – including Trump’s now almost weekly trips to his Florida resort for presidential consultations and golf – has gotten so out of hand that the agency recently requested a $60 million increase in its budget for the coming year.

But The Washington Post reported on Wednesday that the request was turned down by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), headed by director Mick Mulvaney. The Secret Service was told to try to find the money through savings in other areas of its budget.

The request, contained in internal agency documents obtained by the newspaper, was an urgent plea for more resources after Trump and his family’s travel and lifestyle had begun to stretch the Secret Services resources to the limits.

Nearly half of the additional money that was sought in the fiscal 2018 budget request – or $26.8 million – was to be used to pay to protect Trump’s family and private home in New York’s Trump Tower. The remaining $33 million was for security related to travel incurred by “the president, vice president and other visiting heads of state.”

Ironically, Trump more than once criticized the cost of President Obama’s travel, saying it was “unbelievable” that Obama’s trips were “costing taxpayers millions of dollars.”

He vowed during the campaign to save the public money by working tirelessly in Washington and skipping extraneous or overly expensive trips. Since then, First Family travel and leisure has been taxing Secret Service resources. And that, over time, could degrade the quality of protection for the commander in chief.
Secret Service won't get $60 million more to protect the Trumps

What a disgusting hypocrite!
So why is anyone surprised?
Trump is all about using other people to get what he wants...
Mulvaney is the real POS in this deal...
Trump picked him --former head of the Freedom Caucus that just killed the ACA repeal/replace --
And everyone knows Mulvaney is a real Archie Henry from his past time in Congress so sure he would screw the Secret Service over like that -- being all holier than thou--telling them to just suck it up and find 60 million from some other part of the budget...
They just need to start billing ERic and Don Jr for their business trips
And telling the President NO--that he can't go to MarALago because they can't provide adequate protection...
Call his bluff
The money would show up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies