Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTulip123 View Post
I personally know many democrats who are business owners who benefit largely from illegal labor. These same liberals in fact live in gated communities away from the illegals they hire to work on their farms picking produce. These same families also send their children to be cared for in illegal daycares too, because the daycares are cheaper and puts more money in their pockets...... they are hypocrites!!
According to your types this is impossible because no Democrats own businesses and are wealthy. It can't be true.

But, in case it interests you, tens of thousands of illegals are working on the high rises in S. Florida - many of which had Trump on the nameplate. Of course, he doesn't hire them directly - they go through one or two shell companies to protect themselves.

You have just given Democrats the greatest compliment I can imagine. No they own all the big Ag, the big construction companies, all the landscapers, the meat processing plants, the hospitality industry and much more. Apparently you are jealous of the success of these hard workers who are very wealthy.

We do know that liberals in California are responsible for about 1/3 of the Ag Production of the USA - and also that the economy (HIGH paying jobs) is the best in the USA.

Add it all together and it would seem you pray to the Donkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 07:09 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No,not for fear,but for safety. This is why we have door locks on our homes. The left have you programmed. I listen to that fear garbage they spout on the kooky liberal media and the left drink it up. Then they repeat the same weird stuff here on CD. Laughable.
safety ?- have iron windows and doors and moat with hungry alligators? they will still get through if they want-

Old 03-25-2017, 07:42 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
I live in an area where there are many gated communities that monitor who goes through the gates. I wonder how many democrats actually sought a gated community to live in but are against the border wall.

I see so much hypocrisy it is astounding to see democrats preach recycling and throw their garbage on the ground, celebrities jetting around and preaching against the carbon footprint and various other arguments they just don't practice what they preach. They have no ethics or character because they are hypocrites.Tired of them spouting one thing and doing another.
So you use people living in gated communities and celebrities to label all Democrats as hypocrites?

Old 03-25-2017, 08:10 PM

8,891 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm a Republican and don't live in a gated community and never have, and if a person can afford to live in my community they are welcomed by me 100%. I never valued "diversity" and wanted blacks or whites or browns IN ANY WAY who couldn't afford to live here.

I've always lived among liberals in my adult life. I'm honest. My liberal neighbors are not. They chose the whitest part of Austin, Manhattan, Connecticut to buy a home and claim to love "diversity". LOL
They do love diversity. For other people to live with.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Obama built a higher wall around the house he is renting in DC. Obama likes walls to keep bad people out. What a hypocrite.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:49 AM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This is anecdotal but in many of the states where I have lived (and still do) gated communities are very rare - almost non-existent.

RI
MA
NH
VT
PA
NJ

The last two to a lesser extent - they exist, but not many at all.

On the other hand, in SC and in Florida I have run into 100's of them.

So I think your theory holds true to at least some extent. I mean - some people just happen to find the home they want and it's in a gated community. Others may like the tennis - they aren't buying due to the "protection" from the immigrants.

But I would agree that conservatives - as a whole - are more fearful and therefore more likely to buy in a gated or secure community so they can live their entire lives without worrying about those darn people who don't look like them.

Oh please stop with the race card! Wanting to secure our border against illegal entry has nothing to do with how someone looks. This BS is getting old!

Old 03-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
I live in an area where there are many gated communities that monitor who goes through the gates. I wonder how many democrats actually sought a gated community to live in but are against the border wall.

I see so much hypocrisy it is astounding to see democrats preach recycling and throw their garbage on the ground, celebrities jetting around and preaching against the carbon footprint and various other arguments they just don't practice what they preach. They have no ethics or character because they are hypocrites.Tired of them spouting one thing and doing another.
How many people live in a gated community ????????????????

At best you are talking about maybe 2% of the entire population being hypocrites, and even that isnt true as personal security based on your ability to pay for a service is not the same as saying a border wall does not work.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:00 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Republicans who accept healthcare benefits are hypocrites republicans who take food stamps are hypocrites. republicans who smoke weed are hypocrites.. in fact your post is hypocritical.

(see anyone can make stuff up just to be nasty)
Proving liberals still don't know the difference between paying for a service and getting it for free and have the reading comprehension of a first grader.

Democrats that live in a Gated Community Who are Against the Wall are Hypocrites

Did he single out all Democrats no? To bad that's beyond the comprehension of most Democrats.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:05 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
I live in a gated community but not for security. The only thing the gates do is stop through traffic. My sister also lives in one. You get a bar code on your car that never changes. Not hard to defeat that one.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:07 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It might have more to do with the public schools than ethnicity. The number one concern of homebuyers with kids is the public schools
Yes, and part of their evaluation of schools is how many poor black or brown kids are in it. They want diversity for you but not for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies