Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 01:12 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times

Advertisements

I don't get it.. who exactly is he mad at or trying to punish? So his own party killed his plan before it left the gates, and instead of going back to the drawing board he's just going to sit back and watch ACA "explode" out of spite? I don't care who owns it, someone needs to fix it and it's not fair to us that they're giving up. The only possible reason I can think of is they're waiting until midterm elections for the conservative house members to turn over at the polls? IDK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 01:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james159 View Post
Trump just called the democrat's bluff and walked away. They were expecting him to go back and forth a few times then take possession of O-care. Instead he simply walked away. This is legit art of the deal stuff. Look it up. He is playing a game of chess. 4d chess to be exact. How do I know? Not only did he get more than 1300 primary delegates, but he's now the president. 2 things I heard many times were impossible.
Um, right.

He called the D's bluff by walking away from one of his major campaign promises and declaring it dead in the water? Sure, that'll show'em.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:18 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Spicer said there was only Plan A. Plan A went down like the Hindenberg. Your president is a grade A moron. You guys failed big time.
Yes, and he even had the house majority. What happened to "repeal and replace" and "tired of winning"? Only die hard Trump supporters will spin this to something positive.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:21 AM

130 posts, read 71,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I don't get it.. who exactly is he mad at or trying to punish? So his own party killed his plan before it left the gates, and instead of going back to the drawing board he's just going to sit back and watch ACA "explode" out of spite? I don't care who owns it, someone needs to fix it and it's not fair to us that they're giving up. The only possible reason I can think of is they're waiting until midterm elections for the conservative house members to turn over at the polls? IDK.
For the 10th time, look under the surface not just face value. Trump is performing art of the deal. He's walking away from the table. I'm guessing when october rolls around and the premiums double or more insurers withdraw, the atmosphere will change some. For the time being, obamacare is still OBAMAcare. The law is still the law, and the democrats are getting exactly what they want.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Um, right.

He called the D's bluff by walking away from one of his major campaign promises and declaring it dead in the water? Sure, that'll show'em.
Obama promised a healthcare bill. He took office jan 20th 2009. The bill passed may 2010. Trump has been in office what 60 something days? Let's see how things are looking in October when premiums double again (or worse).

Old 03-25-2017, 01:25 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I forsee GOP trying to sabotage the premiums to make people hurt to push their policy. Secretary of HHS can pull some stuff out of his a$$ to try to sabotage Obamacare to make it seem like Democrats were at fault. I bet you it will happen cause the GOP right now gives no f@cks about people. It has a far-right wing and non-compromise attitude.
You must love your Obamacare.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:26 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You must love your Obamacare.
Nope, I have insurance through my employer. I know the GOP is fuming right now and wanting revenge. They are snakes don't let the nice tone of Paul Ryan fool you.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:26 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I don't get it.. who exactly is he mad at or trying to punish? So his own party killed his plan before it left the gates, and instead of going back to the drawing board he's just going to sit back and watch ACA "explode" out of spite? I don't care who owns it, someone needs to fix it and it's not fair to us that they're giving up.
Exactly. I would think there would be more than a handful of people who voted for Trump who fill this way because repealing ACA was top 3 in the to do list, or even number 1.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I forsee GOP trying to sabotage the premiums to make people hurt to push their policy. Secretary of HHS can pull some stuff out of his a$$ to try to sabotage Obamacare to make it seem like Democrats were at fault. I bet you it will happen cause the GOP right now gives no f@cks about people. It has a far-right wing and non-compromise attitude.
Premiums and deductables have skyrocketed annually under Obama. Now all of a sudden if they go up it's Trump's fault?

Old 03-25-2017, 01:33 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james159 View Post
Premiums and deductibles have skyrocketed annually under Obama. Now all of a sudden if they go up it's Trump's fault?
Corrected that for you.

The HHS oversees a huge portion of the ACA. Who's heading the HHS? You think he will take this loss and do good by the law? He absolutely HATES the ACA. I highly doubt that he will do his job with diligence.

If Congress wants to really lower premiums/deductibles to make healthcare more affordable, they should introduce legislation for a public option run by the federal government to compete with private insurers. Since the government is non-profit and does not report to shareholders, all the premiums it collects from paying subscribers will be directly spent on healthcare. The free market will compete against this model and lower costs across the board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies