Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:40 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
He's finished for being able to change healthcare, except that his cabinet members may try to further sabotage the ACA, by denying funding and tightening regulations as much as they can, to weaken it.
I hope they do just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 07:46 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I personally would have been perfectly fine with repealing Obamacare and not replacing it with anything. I know that myself, my family, and almost everyone I know would have been better off, since our health care was fine before Obamacare came along. The "increased uninsured" really is just the people who gained insurance under Obamacare, most of whom are self-entitled freeloaders and leeches who contribute nothing to society and yet want free benefits. Many of them are also illegal aliens and anchor babies. Many also live in the inner-city and are used to generational welfare dependency.

Maybe Trump shouldn't have kept any of the provisions? That probably would have gotten more conservative Republican votes and got the repeal bill passed. I disagree with the age 26 thing because kids should learn to be independent. I think age 23 is the absolute max that a "child" should be covered under their parents' insurance. But I guess in a world where college students and "young adults" still need safe spaces with teddy bears age 24 or 25 isn't truly grown up yet especially if they go to college.

Trump overall DOES NOT Have to reach out to the liberals. Nothing he does will ever satisfy them, but can cost him support among his base. He won this election with his base and as long as he keeps his base satisfied and sticks to his guns, he can win AGAIN without the votes of liberals and Democrats. I sure hope he never compromises on the wall or on deporting illegals.
1. He did not reach out to liberals at all.
2. He had no idea what was in the bill.
3. Since he had no idea what was in the bill, he had no idea how it would affect (hurt) his base until Tucker Carlson and the rest of the media told him.
4. After he was told how it would hurt his base, he didn't care.
5. The Freedom Caucus f/k/a the Tea Party killed the AHCA.
6. It was a really bad bill.
7. This post may be your opinion but it is biased propaganda.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:49 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Translation: Only rural, white, blue-collar people matter
But isn't Obamacare actually designed to help people like that? I don't think very many blue collar jobs pay that much a year and if so they would not only be getting the subsidize (the subsidy ranges for people that make between $47,000-$163,000/yr depending on family size) but a tax credit as well to pay for the insurance.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:50 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Coal is going away because they have found cheaper and cleaner alternatives such as natural gas. Manufacturing is in danger due to automation more so than from going to other countries, unless you want to propose a law that forbids machines and robots from doing the work that people should be doing?

Also, NAFTA provides nearly 5 million Americans with jobs, the U.S. Actually has a higher trade deficit with first world nations like Germany and Japan than with Mexico, but I guess since Mexicans are seen as the boogeymen and their country is not as strong it's easier to use them as a scapegoat.
Oh, you and your facts.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:51 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I hope they do just that.
And how would that help republicans in the 2018 election. They had both houses meaning the power to do something about it either through improving it or replacing it, yet instead they make it worse screwing over some of their potential voters.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:54 AM

Obamacare is failing and might as well not even exist for most American families when they have $12,000 yearly deductibles and $14,000 yearly premiums.

You only get something out of it if you're run over by a bus -- and even then, the bus company would be paying, not Obamacare.

Oh, yes, there are a lot of people getting subsidies. And guess who pays for them? I think liberals think it's the tooth fairy who pays.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
And how would that help republicans in the 2018 election. They had both houses meaning the power to do something about it either through improving it or replacing it, yet instead they make it worse screwing over some of their potential voters.
The Democrats are so bad that the Republicans don't really even have to try anymore.

They just have to point to a Democrat party that wants to protect illegal aliens who commit horrible crimes, that almost elects a DNC chair who says that "white people just need to shut up," and that wants to let Muslims into the country to commit terrorist acts and practice Sharia Law.

Not to mention justifying boys using girls' bathrooms -- as well as riots (OWS, BLM, etc.) and assassinations of police officers. LOL

Last edited by dechatelet; 03-25-2017 at 08:09 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 07:57 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,048 times
Quote:
But isn't Obamacare actually designed to help people like that? I don't think very many blue collar jobs pay that much a year and if so they would not only be getting the subsidize (the subsidy ranges from $47,000-$163,000 depending on family size) but a tax credit as well to pay for the insurance.
Yes, it is. But, somehow, a giant swath of the country has it in their heads that President Obama wanted nothing but the worst for them and the Republican Party, led by a Manhattan billionaire, is the undisputed champion of middle America. It's such a lulzy premise that I can't even. The ACA has been a boon for many Americans.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:58 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The Democrats are so bad that the Republicans don't really even have to try anymore. They just have to point to the party that wants to protect illegal aliens who commit horrible crimes and that wants to let Muslim terrorists into the country to commit terrorist acts. Not to mention transgender bathrooms and periodic riots and assassinations of police officers.
-Rush Limbaugh

Old 03-25-2017, 08:11 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Please tell me what Trump did that you perceive as reaching out to liberals, either for this bill specifically or in general.

Because this liberal sure didn't see it.
I didn't see it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies