Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 09:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,911,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WOW! I was disappointed I didn't make Nixon's enemies list, maybe I've still got a sjot!
Making Nixon's enemies list was viewed as a badge of honor. Being on Trump's enemies list will be viewed the same.

Really, Trump has a 37% approval record. His opinion doesn't really mean much to most voters. If he tried to bad-Tweet a Congressperson who didn't vote for the horrid GOP health bill, all the Member has to say is, "I don't work for Pres. Trump. I work for you and I am not going to vote for a bill that does harm to citizens in my Congressional district. This bill would have raised premiums, cut benefits and thrown thousands in my district off of insurance. I wasn't going to allow that."

Old 03-25-2017, 10:00 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,465,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Though this could be a false trail set by some Liberal media sources, it could well be genuine. I thought I heard conservative talk radio host Mark Levin (a big figure in the wiretapping story), mentioning that he heard a rumor going around that Trump, etc, were threatening to primary those that didn't go along with RINOCare.
Mark Levin and Andrew Napolitano. It's really too easy with you people.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:03 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,465,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This is great news, as it will further fragment and weaken the Republicans. Trump will have no one to act on his behalf, if he declares war on congress. But this is the kind of advice you'd expect from a mad dog like Bannon. Just keep them both away from that nuclear football. Since there's no way Trump can win after "burning the boats", it's obvious what's next for him. I really do wish they'd gone through with the vote, although wimping-out in the face of fire, makes them look even worse.

Trump's self-inflicted destruction is speeding along even faster than I'd have dared to imagine. Unless the Congressional Republicans burn his boat very soon, he'll take them down with him. And as despicable as they are, we need a contingent of them remaining, to keep the Democrats honest. In the next election, I wouldn't want to see the Democrats come up with more than a 10-seat majority in the Senate or more than a 25-seat one in the House. Don't assume that there won't be some recalls before then, that will change the number of senate seats that the Democrats could have. The collapse of Trump's administration could have a big impact on the politics inside many states.

But regarding a democratic administration in the future, go into a fantasy-world and imagine a president of that party, who was as corrupt and self-serving as Trump. And if they had majorities in both houses of congress, they might do even more harm to our future, than this current one does, because they'd be more likely to work together and impose their own agenda on us. There has to be a balance and control of power in this country, for us to keep our successful position, as the world leader. All this idle talk from those on both sides, about destroying the other, if one was successful, would end in the destruction of us all.

On a side note, after Nixon's resignation, being able to claim a position on his infamous "enemies-list", was a big status-symbol in this country.
What will be really interesting is if Trump is not impeached before the end of his first term he will almost surely be primaried by someone, be it the loathsome Ted Cruz or the marionette Marco Rubio, to name a few who would love to unseat him. The last time I remember that happening was in 1980, when Kennedy primaried Carter.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:46 PM

937 posts, read 695,184 times
What is the list for, to deport those that are smarter them him and know better?

Are we back to McCarthyism?

Old 03-26-2017, 01:47 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,559,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
What will be really interesting is if Trump is not impeached before the end of his first term he will almost surely be primaried by someone, be it the loathsome Ted Cruz or the marionette Marco Rubio, to name a few who would love to unseat him. The last time I remember that happening was in 1980, when Kennedy primaried Carter.
That could become really discouraging, if we had to think that the only future respite from Trump was with the likes of Cruz and Rubio. Can't either of these parties allow their best candidates to survive through the primaries? The two nominees this last time, should have been Kasich and Sanders. They would have been outspoken and critical during the campaign, but respectful of their opponents and the voters, as well as acting like honorable gentlemen. We could be moving ahead right now, instead of wobbling on the brink of calamity.

Old 03-26-2017, 01:51 AM

7,177 posts, read 4,740,815 times
I couldn't care less.

The waste of fresh air that I have for a congressman is a member of the "Freedom Caucus".

Primary him, send to China, whatever.

I'll be most appreciative if Trump gets rid of him.

I won't hold my breath, though.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:27 AM

38,623 posts, read 26,299,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Two senior Trump administration officials with direct knowledge of the process told The Daily Beast that Bannon and Trump have taken a “you’re either with us or against us” approach at this point, and that Bannon wants the tally of “against” versus “with us” mounted in his so-called West Wing “war room.”

“Burn the boats,” Bannon (in his typical, pugnacious style) advised Trump, according to one official involved. Burning one’s boats is a reference to when military commanders in hostile territories order his or her troops to destroy their own ships, so that they have to win or die trying.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...posed-you.html

This is the real reason Trump wanted the vote to go forward even knowing it wouldn't pass. He wanted those who oppose him on record, so he knows exactly who to go after in the future.

This, my friends, is why the GOP will get nothing accomplished. Trump only cares about "winning." He has no interest in governing, or even attempting to unite his own party, much less the country.

Maybe he'll find some House Democrats that are tired of losing to "govern" with.

They all face their constituents in 2018, and if my party-over-constituent Democratic Representative is telling me to go pound sand because he/she wants to stick with Obamacare even when it is an obvious disaster for those subjected to it, I say they got some splainin' to do.

Old 03-26-2017, 09:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,454,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
LOL. That last picture. Hmmm, made me think of "The Pelican Brief"...

Yeah, but...

According to that fake doctor's report last year, tRump is "the healthiest man to ever run for the presidency."

The doc must have been a proctologist.

Help him out, Vanna.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies