Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:37 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

Ah yes. A few dozen extreme idiots = all liberals are violent!

Old 03-26-2017, 03:11 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
If there's any sane person on the left who says that those who are acting violent are not representative of the left....

I ask you to re-read some of the posts on here from those on the left.

They ARE condoning it by either making excuses or not saying a word to publicly denounce the violence by those on the left.

Pretending that Trump started any violence is bs.
Stating that someone having a different opinion than you means that you should expect violence is bs.

It's not just "a few dozen extreme idiots" because there's a lot of "extreme idiots" on this forum, on other forums, on social media, in comments sections, all over the internet, out in public, in the media, etc.

A person doesn't have to take a swing to be an "extreme idiot" supporting this violence.

And most importantly, there's far too many "extreme idiots" in positions of power, so to speak, who never say a word against it. Institutions of higher learning make excuses, tell police to stand down, Representatives, governers, mayors, etc...until I hear them condemn these acts every time, I'm not buying in to the statement that it's "a few dozen extreme idiots" or that those "few dozen extreme idiots" do not, in fact, represent the entire left.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Bill O'Reilly: Video Center - Video Of The Day - Sunday March 26, 2017 - Trump supporters assaulted in CA

So dressing up like ISIS and getting violent at marches is suppose to make people hate Trump? Are they crazy???

Old 03-26-2017, 05:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I think you misunderstand. I don't blame the President or conservatives for violence that thugs perpetuate. I strongly condemn anyone who commits violence (other than self-defence) -- so I am right there with you on that.

That was my point. If most liberals are like me, then they completely condemn silencing people for their views, do not approve of violence, and reject including those thugs into our group.
And because of what you came back and made clear I'd never lump you into the Progressive loons that have seemingly started taking over the party.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:32 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Referring to members of antifa or any violent activists as representatives of Democrats is as insulting as comparing White Nationalist hate groups to Republicans.
Bingo, but the latter is done all the time and not by crackpot posters but in some parts of the news media.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:34 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Ah yes. A few dozen extreme idiots = all liberals are violent!
....and the rise in hate crimes is all Trumps fault. I agree with you, there are a lot of idiots out there and I applaud your views that a few nutjobs aren't representative.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:35 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Liberals are more likely to commit violent acts than Republicans. This has been studied.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...ement_in_crime

Conservatives have a greater respect for the rule of law. This is simply a fact.
Problem is conservatives in power abuse their authority and the law. Thus conservatives have less reason to protest.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Problem is conservatives in power abuse their authority and the law. Thus conservatives have less reason to protest.
Except nobody is talking about the right to or amount of PEACEFUL protest in this thread. What is being discussed is the lack of denunciation or repudiation by the Democrat (Progressive) party when it comes to the Progressive LOONS that are committing violence and perpetrating chemical attacks on peaceful protesters.
Whenever a Progressive starts saying "but,but,but Trump did this or a Conservative did that" instead of denouncing the violent thugs it shows tacit agreement with the actions of those same thugs.

Short of a legally acceptable self defense claim to save yourself from an act perpetrated by a protester on the other side either on YOU or someone close to you there is NO situation when violence is an okay solution. Words generally don't qualify.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:44 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
I've watched alot of these Trump clashes with demonstrators on YouTube. It looks to me like many fanatical Trump supporters are looking for some action themselves. I see them taunting the protestors too, cussing and calling them names, yelling "USA" and "Build that wall" in their angry voices. They know when they stage these public rallies that they will attract attention and opposition. And I think they like that.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:58 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Liberals are more likely to commit violent acts than Republicans..
Men are much more likely to commit violent acts than women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies