Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 06:38 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Keep in mind, a large segment of them are getting paid...
Yup.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...641.html%3Famp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 06:41 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Now is the time for us to sit back and laugh hysterically while you Trump haters lose your minds. It is entertaining to watch you guys in desperation mode, grasping at every little tidbit of hope, and construing it to fit your fantasy.
I doubt your savior, trump is sitting as comfortable as you are. All sorts of squirming going on in that White House tonight.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:43 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
"This has to be fake news!

There is no Russia connection. It's all just sour grapes from loser Democrats!

Flynn is a good man who was fired from his job by the biased media!

He has no need for immunity!

You just watch! This will all lead back to Obama and his people! They're the real culprits in this."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any more RWNJ talking points on the tRump/Russia scandal that I missed?

It's becoming more entertaining every day.

I say.. Bring him to testify.. ask tough questions.. and for ever question he claims the 5th.. apply that to the question.. which means basically he's involved somehow so can't admit to it! From there, they can extrapolate into connections ( connecting dots) to others (including Campaign/possibly family members of Trump never mid Trump himself)!

Point is.. even a 5th amendment claim can and often does connect dots when investigations occur! I sure hope he isn't given immunity.. I'd actually expect him to try and flea to safe haven ( like Snowden did) to get protected by the enemy STAE controlled by PUTIN!!

Russian people are NOT the problem.. IT's Putin KGB dictators that's the problem !! I also have misgiving about Tillison, he too has far too many business ties to Putin and the Oligarchy laundering monies!!!
RNC platform changes too.. engineered by Manafort sided RED flags... WTH was Normal GOP/RNC folks thing?? RNC have been always bullish of Russian sanctions.. then somehow back-pedal on that in the platform!

MAnafort/Stone/Page/Flynn all cozy with Trump will likely cause failures .. tho will take years to resolve.. meanwhile.. US standing in the world will dissolve.. having a military might will indeed strike fear.. BUT that fear will be Past firm Allies.. Trump is destined to be a lame DUCK president.. period.. He cannot tweet his way out of it now!! Lies.. False claims and manipulating Press Speaker Spicer, Nunez, and other avid GOP politicians to tow the line of lies will doom most of Trump's agenda.

Flynn was just the tip of the iceberg... what's below that iceberg is being exposed daily.. and it's going deeper and deeper!! Deflecting to Obama or Clinton is futile at this point.. In fact the more deflection post occurs actually exposes the ignorance or just maybe.. Partisanship views of facts or let's face it.. facts based on ALT-Right facts.. NOT reality nor truth!!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
"This has to be fake news!

There is no Russia connection. It's all just sour grapes from loser Democrats!

Flynn is a good man who was fired from his job by the biased media!

He has no need for immunity!

You just watch! This will all lead back to Obama and his people! They're the real culprits in this."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any more RWNJ talking points on the tRump/Russia scandal that I missed?

It's becoming more entertaining every day.

I say.. Bring him to testify.. ask tough questions.. and for ever question he claims the 5th.. apply that to the question.. which means basically he's involved somehow so can't admit to it! From there, they can extrapolate into connections ( connecting dots) to others (including Campaign/possibly family members of Trump never mid Trump himself)!

Point is.. even a 5th amendment claim can and often does connect dots when investigations occur! I sure hope he isn't given immunity.. I'd actually expect him to try and flea to safe haven ( like Snowden did) to get protected by the enemy STAE controlled by PUTIN!!

Russian people are NOT the problem.. IT's Putin KGB dictators that's the problem !! I also have misgiving about Tillison, he too has far too many business ties to Putin and the Oligarchy laundering monies!!!
RNC platform changes too.. engineered by Manafort sided RED flags... WTH was Normal GOP/RNC folks thing?? RNC have been always bullish of Russian sanctions.. then somehow back-pedal on that in the platform!

Manafort/Stone/Page/Flynn ( + confirmed Cabinet leaders) all cozy with Trump will likely cause failures .. tho will take years to resolve.. meanwhile.. US standing in the world will dissolve.. having a military might will indeed strike fear.. BUT that fear will be Past firm Allies.. Trump is destined to be a lame DUCK president.. period.. He cannot tweet his way out of it now!! Lies.. False claims and manipulating Press Speaker Spicer, Nunez, and other avid GOP politicians to tow the line of lies will doom most of Trump's agenda.

Flynn was just the tip of the iceberg... what's below that iceberg is being exposed daily.. and it's going deeper and deeper!! Deflecting to Obama or Clinton is futile at this point.. In fact the more deflection post occurs actually exposes the ignorance or just maybe.. Partisanship views of facts or let's face it.. facts based on ALT-Right facts.. NOT reality nor truth!!

Old 03-30-2017, 06:46 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's a justification for using hacking as an act of war, which is not the same as saying that anytime it happens, it's an act of war.

Obama administration declined twice to call foreign nations hacking Americans an act of war.... N. Korea and Sony, Russia and the Clinton campaign.

Yes "flexible" response to such egregious acts is clearly listed in it.

The US declared that it could use military strikes on countries if they hacked our government or officials to steal information.

Then we got caught hacking our allies, our allies' leaders, our allies candidates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Now you're really stretching, Putin rigged his reelection and Clinton criticized him. Russian intervention on our election is no longer up for debate.
Putin is a bad guy, but there is actual evidence that he is popular in Russia from western media sources.

Russian Approval of Putin Soars to Highest Level in Years | Gallup

You do realize that Russia has publicly condemned Obama for arming terrorists all over the Middle East - something we have done.

How can you deny the importance of Russia's warm water port in Syria and their support for keeping Assad - while Obama wanted Assad removed and gave weapons to moderate rebels (terrorists)?

Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
First of all--
Let's not credit Trump for being the master=mind planning all this intrigue and coverup
Trump is too stupid for that
He is too emotional for long range planning and in the past most of his criminal connections have just not been taken to court in any meaningful way...mainly because they were part of the overall way construction does business in NYC...
The money laundering activities were just not a big part of any push by Bush or Obama Justice Dept, I am sad to say...and everyone know Putin was stealing hand over fist as were the rest of the oligarchs in Russia...

The people behind this collusion--the planning, the coverup, the ongoing efforts--are Bannon primarily and maybe Kushner just because he wants to be on the power train...and maybe some of the people like Ross and even Robert Mercer who has some weird ideas he wants to implement--so if Trump being president (vs Cruz) can make that happen then Mercer who is wealthy enough to survive Putin was likely willing to buy a ticket on that train...
Trump is just along for the ride IMO
And the money he can make...
We have to let it play out but I wouldn't underestimate Trump either. I remember when the health bill was going down and he told them something along the lines of "don't pay attention to the details", which appeared to mean just pass it. I could imagine it being a matter of going along with whatever they said to get elected. Time will tell.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I still do not think this is the issue people are making it out to be, or are hoping it is.

If Russia hacked actual voting machines, or were paying or threatening people to vote a certain way, or assassinated people running for office, that is one thing, but merely hacking some emails is trivial to me, given it was the content of the emails exposed that caused any sway, if there was.

If Hillary was elected, would this be the issue it was? Probably since it exposed the trash talking of many Democrats. If the Democrats were not trash tlaking, but actually had great emails, would it be an issue?
The issue isn't whether the Russians hacked some e-mails - which we know they did - but whether the Trump Campaign colluded with them - which is the subject of the FBI investigation.

The e-mails themselves are now an old story. The election is over. But is Russian interference in the US - whether or not Trump or his Campaign had any connection to them during the election - STILL an issue?

You betcha.

Trump needs to let "us" investigate this without worrying so much that his hands will get soiled in the process.

Testimony today before the Congressional Committee that IS doing some productive work here - the Senate Intel - has the Russians trying to gauge when Trump might be "available" online to plant stuff to send him off on tangents. Unbelievable. But it's what you get when you elect a reality show host with a taste for conspiracy theories.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...-watts-sot.cnn

Old 03-30-2017, 06:51 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You aren't reading what I am writing.

If this is true - I will be 100% happy impeaching Trump.

I wish that both parties would stop being such unprincipled hypocrites. If you oppose Russia interfering in our election and are outraged by it - why were so many Democrats making excuses/ignoring/deflecting when Obama was doing the same thing.

This blind loyalty to a party or a person like Obama or Trump - ruins the country.
It's loyalty to a country not a person. If I was Russian I wouldn't be upset at Putin for helping Trump, just like I am not upset at Obama for spying to further US interest, different from a private citizen colluding with a foreign government in order to gain power.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.......they would rather see America destroyed than admit trump is a buffon .
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Keep in mind, a large segment of them are getting paid...
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Now is the time for us to sit back and laugh hysterically while you Trump haters lose your minds. It is entertaining to watch you guys in desperation mode, grasping at every little tidbit of hope, and construing it to fit your fantasy.
Fake News

Old 03-30-2017, 06:56 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It's loyalty to a country not a person. If I was Russian I wouldn't be upset at Putin for helping Trump, just like I am not upset at Obama for spying to further US interest, different from a private citizen colluding with a foreign government in order to gain power.
So you are "America First" where we can do things that we don't accept from other countries, okay, but that is why a lot of foreigners don't like us.

So you are fine with a US official colluding with a foreign government to keep power, but not a private citizen colluding with a foreign government to gain power - how politically convenient in a hyper-partisan sort of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies