Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Wrong. Him vs Hillary I would have voted for him. Vs Bernie I would have voted Bernie. I was never a fan of monarchy. No more Clinton's or Bushes or Kennedys. This isn't England. This is USA. Trump vs ham sandwich, I'm voting for ham sandwich. The ham isn't a traitor.
That's pretty much my take on it as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Lol@ these leftists saying they would have voted for Kasich. Had he been the nominee you would have turned him into Satan just like anyone else without a (D) after their name.
No-one turned McCain into Satan..or Romney. Palin..wellll..maybe a little.

Look at the rhetoric in those races..and compare it with this one...and ponder..what is different?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:24 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
No-one turned McCain into Satan..or Romney. Palin..wellll..maybe a little.

Look at the rhetoric in those races..and compare it with this one...and ponder..what is different?
Palin was the GodMother of Trump. She paved the way for Trump. Without Palin there would be no President Trump. There was a reason Palin was demonized. She was not qualified to be in the white house. Period. Neither is Trump. Since Jan 20th it has been scandal after scandal and THIS is bonkers.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Quote:
Lol@ these leftists saying they would have voted for Kasich. Had he been the nominee you would have turned him into Satan just like anyone else without a (D) after their name.
If that's what you need to tell yourself, go right ahead.

I'm on record on this forum as having voted for Kasich in the primaries, before Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump each obtained enough delegates to win their parties' nominations.

And I've always said that I voted for Grandma Nixon, because the alternative was too terrible.

It appears that I was right about the alternative.

Last edited by djmilf; 03-30-2017 at 08:40 PM..

Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Ron Paul (R) in 2012

Old 03-30-2017, 08:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I rather him face the music he cheerleaded during his RNC speech, LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! He committed perjury during the Senate confirmation hearing. Offer him one year or he will be tried for the full extent of the law. Immunity is not fair for what he did, he lied under oath. He broke the law, he needs to do the time.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:29 PM

Flynn was a Bad Hombre.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:29 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
So do you think Bush should be tried for war crimes then?
If there is strong evidence of course! Obama disagreed and then arguably repeated similar actions to some extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Reportedly, there was something going on between Pence and Manafort. Who knows if Pence's, "I knew nothing," stance will keep him out of this mess?
If this is accurate, he would have to go to.

President Paul Ryan?

Although I am not happy about we can't work with Democrats on Obamacare comment he recently made - I would feel more comfortable with him in charge than Pence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How is it hypocrisy when Obama said the things that were done to us don't meet their definition of an act of war?

We're not talking about him excusing American behavior. We're taking about Obama saying two other nations hacking us were not acts of war. How is that hypocrisy?
He said that such acts can subjectively be declared an act of war and be met with military strikes.

Then committed those same acts against other countries that with his very same policy COULD be subjectively declared an act of war and be met with a military strike against us.

It is hypocritical or open aggression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No, it doesn't work the way you want it.

One the one hand, there's the Trump campaign's purported collusion with Russia to break laws inside the US to influence an election in that campaign's favor. On the other hand, there's a sitting President telling a foreign leader that he, Obama, will have more flexibility after his reelection and ask that leader to wait until after the election to resume negotiations. The former is treason, the latter is diplomacy, however distasteful you may find it.
I already said that I agreed to that.

Obama's collusion with Putin (more flexibility after the election) didn't break US laws. Obama's interference in other countries elections, hacking allies, etc...isn't the same exact severity of what Trump is accused of doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Finally, something we agree on. Btw, I would have voted for Kasich.
Fair enough. Kasich was my favorite. I also liked Rubio. I like some of Bernie's policies and others not as much - but I thought Bernie was the most straightforward of all the candidates and liked him.

I am kind of hoping for Paul Ryan to become president out of all of this...so long as both Trump and Pence are guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Why don't we let Russia rake care of its affairs regarding US? We will take care of Trump here in US.
?

Russia taking care of its affairs regarding the US would be the interfering against Hillary, getting dirt to blackmail Hillary if she won, etc... We can't tolerate that, but we can't do the same to others either without expecting it back.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:30 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Immunity is BS. Congress should force him to testify. Then if he broke any laws, he will face the consequences and jail time for it. That's how the world works folks. "Law and order"

Old 03-30-2017, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I rather him face the music he cheerleaded during his RNC speech, LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! He committed perjury during the Senate confirmation hearing. Offer him one year or he will be tried for the full extent of the law. Immunity is not fair for what he did, he lied under oath. He broke the law, he needs to do the time.
Here is my take. He will fall on his sword and admit to everything. He will take the fall for this administration. Then Trump will pardon him. The right will celebrate that they got a win. The left will be enraged and CNN and MSNBCs ratings will continue to soar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies