Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 06:10 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
OK, present the facts then of how CA sends more money to DC that they get in federal spending in return. My guess is that your list of money flowing into CA from the feds will be but a fraction of what is being spent. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, military spending, federal employee salaries & federal facility costs, and so forth.
Does California give more than it gets from Washington D.C.? | PolitiFact California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2017, 06:17 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
California is so much in debt, they couldn't "stick it" to North Dakota....much less the Feds.
It's going to be very interesting when all these bad choices in California come to hatch. It would be interesting to watch a recession, unfunded pension liabilities, debt bubble all to manifest themselves all at about the same time.

Jerry Brown is so arrogant, but his state's signature political party has basically no influence at the federal level. The Democrats who control California, have little influence except for holding sob story press conferences.

North Dakota just had their test and they had to make some spending cuts but they did just fine because they saved lots of money during the oil boom.

The plan for California is to be a sanctuary state, over a trillion dollar unfunded liabilities at market value, socialized health-care, free goodies.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Here is the reality of the immigrant situation in California. They contribute significantly to the economy, primarily by doing labor we Americans are too lazy and too good to do. Right now, lettuce is rotting in fields because the immigrants are afraid to come to work because the might be arrested and deported. California, and a lot of other States, depend on these folks and will suffer if they are gone. We will all be paying higher prices for food because there will be a shortage caused by their absence.

Contrary to what a lot of people want you to believe, the vast majority of these illegals are not murderers, drug dealers, and rapists. They simply want a better life and are willing to work harder than a lot of us to do that.

A piece of paper does not make them any better, it only makes them "legal". If you want to solve the problem of illegal aliens, make their path to citizenship easier and the problem will go away. Oh yeah, but you Trumpees prefer to view them as despicable human beings who are Hellbent on killing and raping us.
I'm very much against illegal immigration. My wife immigrated here and we did it legally through the correct channels. That being said, I sat down and tried to put myself in the place of the illegal aliens. What would I do in their position? I'd do the same thing, try to get here any way possible for a better life, especially if it's for the benefit of my family. The problem is that we just can't support everyone that wants to come. How many people could any of us support if they came to live in our homes? Not many, it's just not practical or sustainable. That's what the pro illegal immigration people either don't understand or don't want to admit.

You say that some view all illegal immigrants as killers and rapists. Of course they aren't, but what about the ones that are? What really baffles me is the mentality of the sanctuary cities that refuse to hand over criminals to ICE when they want them for deportation. That's just crazy.

Brown is nuts. The legislature in California is more concerned about illegal immigrants than the citizens here. And there have been raids in LA and other parts of California. I don't see Brown or the other legislators doing anything about it. It's all bluster. That includes some posters here that brag about "Californians protecting the illegals". It's not happening.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:21 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
This reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter discovers his property isn't part of Quahog so he turns it into his own country he names Petoria. He begins to think he's above the law and begins breaking the law when he is off his property. The city eventually declares war on Petoria and they lay siege to Peter's property until he's forced to surrender. Jerry Brown and politicians like him are just like Peter; their overblown sense of importance blinds them to the fact that they have to follow the same laws as everyone else or face the consequences for not doing so.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:22 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Way to go Jerry. Back off Trump. Don't any of you California haters ( probably many of you have never been here ) have any problems in your own state to vent about.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
There are 2,350,000 Illegal immigrants in the state of California. This is not going to fly. I hope Trump cracks down HARD on the illegals. It's time to stop protecting them and send them back home.

States by rank of illegal immigrants:

Estimated illegal immigrant population, by state, 2014 | Pew Research Center
Calif; like the old "South", would be in a world of hurt if it lost its slave labor: illegal aliens.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You are wrong. I don't think they really care. They could secede and be better off for it.

You said they are "still mad". Were they ever mad that they didn't decide the future for all of America? Your statement is a first for me.
Uh; the Calexit fools try it and, they'd be put in their place real fast. It's called "treason".

Old 03-26-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Way to go Jerry. Back off Trump. Don't any of you California haters ( probably many of you have never been here ) have any problems in your own state to vent about.
Half of Bullhead City is people who said "FU" to Calif.

Looks at Needles in Calif; it's almost a wasteland compared to my side of the Colorado River due to you state's insane rules and regulations.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:32 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Nope, not buying it. I lived in California and the majority of them took care of themselves by working hard and showing up every day. They would room with 10 other people to make ends meet, and they never complained. When I lived there, I worked side by side with a lot of illegals, it was a wink wink situation where the employer knew who they were. We never had any problems with them, and they did jobs we Americans would not take.

So your little theory about us supporting them is simply not true.
If these illegals are so able to support themselves, why did California try and extend ACA coverage to illegals? You're making less sense than usual today. Miss a nap?

Last edited by LoveToRow; 03-26-2017 at 07:07 PM..

Old 03-26-2017, 06:39 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
I really can't think of a single thing I need CA for. Fruits and veggies I can get from FL or Mexico, or simply grow my own. I certainly don't need Hollywood crap and we would ALL be better off without it. What else do they have? Tech? Nope...I KNOW without question I would be better off without that!

Let 'em go. Somewhere. Anywhere. Just GO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies