U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 AM

5,826 posts, read 3,366,089 times

Advertisements

This question is for Democrats / Independents etc.
If your answer to the question is 'none of them' that's not a useful response for the purposes of this thread, so I thank you for not responding.

In this time of division in this country I think it would be good to focus on some positives.
I'd like to know which Republicans you have seen in a more positive light since since the inauguration and why?
Which Republicans do you think Democrats could potentially work with to start actually getting some things done?

I will add my suggestions in the next post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 09:57 AM

5,826 posts, read 3,366,089 times
I thought Marco Rubios late night speech on the Senate floor in February was - no exaggeration - absolutely awesome.
I'm linking the speech here in full:

https://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/...4-7A67C86672C8

These words really needed to be said at the time and apply across the board. Rubio went up in my estimation so much so that I think if we really have to have a Republican as President, I'd probably choose this guy.

The other person who has impressed me is Lyndsey Graham. I think this guy has a lot of integrity, intelligence and clear headedness. I get so tired of the spin I hear all round from politicians but this guy is not afraid to say what he thinks.

I'm also going to say (and I NEVER would have though I would say these words) Ted Cruz, a guy who irritates every fibre of my being, showed some signs of co-operation the night he debated healthcare with Bernie Sanders. Maybe there's hope for him yet.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:02 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,388,814 times
John McCain pleasantly surprised me, he actually seems to care about the Russian interference in the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies