Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 11:59 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) There is no evidence that they are Trump voters.
2) It seems unlikely that every single unemployed person looking for work, can't pass a drug test. They more-likely hired the refugees because they would work cheaper.
3) The article actually blames things like marijuana legalization in Colorado and other states for the uptick in people failing drug tests. As well as increased heroine use(heroine is imported from foreign countries).

From the article... "In Colorado, where marijuana is legal, some businesses have told Fay, "they see employees smoking pot on their lunch break and then going back to work"... One oil and trucking company in Colorado did random drug screening last year and flunked 80% of their employees, mostly for marijuana, Fay said. Colorado's Supreme Court has ruled that companies may fire employees who smoke pot, even if legally...."They had to replace everyone," she said. "The employer was glad he found the problem because his employees do extremely dangerous work. He was shocked and disturbed."

4) I'm not sure why I'm responding to your garbage. Anyone who spells Trump, tRump is 100% a paid shill.
Why bother with drug tests then? I'd rather my employees smoke pot than drink alcohol. If it's legal in their state, maybe they need to rethink that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 12:03 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I have had to take a few pre-employment drug screens (including for my current job and the job I just left).

I personally don't think I should have to pee in a cup to make a living, but clearly the market dictates otherwise. Fine...principles don't pay the bills and I have nothing to hide.

I don't think smoking marijuana should disqualify someone from employment any more than drinking at night or on weekends. JMHO.

Full disclosure: I didn't vote for Donald Trump.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:06 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) There is no evidence that they are Trump voters.
2) It seems unlikely that every single unemployed person looking for work, can't pass a drug test. They more-likely hired the refugees because they would work cheaper.
That was my thought when I wasted my time reading the article.

To claim that these jobs could not be filed without refugees is ridiculous.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:08 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,994 times
I've always suspected they were on something.......now we know. Here I thought it was just Kool Aid.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:09 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen! Get over it- Hillary lost.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Here's the data on the relationship betwee tRUMP supporerst and opioid use from Penn State University:
http://aese.psu.edu/directory/smm67/Election16.pdf

Also an interview with the study's author:
Study: Communities Most Affected By Opioid Epidemic Also Voted For Trump : NPR

Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't think smoking marijuana should disqualify someone from employment any more than drinking at night or on weekends. JMHO.
I'm still struggling to understand why it's any of my employers damn business what legal substance I put into my body two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon far and away from the company clock.

If companies were really concerned with recent usage (as in 24-48 hours ago) as opposed to usage in general with no time concerns they would all do mouth swabs instead of wiz quizzes.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:51 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm still struggling to understand why it's any of my employers damn business what legal substance I put into my body two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon far and away from the company clock.

If companies were really concerned with recent usage (as in 24-48 hours ago) as opposed to usage in general with no time concerns they would all do mouth swabs instead of wiz quizzes.
It's just another way, reason, to take away your freedom and make you a slave.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:56 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I have had to take a few pre-employment drug screens (including for my current job and the job I just left).

I personally don't think I should have to pee in a cup to make a living, but clearly the market dictates otherwise. Fine...principles don't pay the bills and I have nothing to hide.

Full disclosure: I didn't vote for Donald Trump.
Exactly.

I talked to guys who used to drink at lunch, on the railroad, in the plant on break and never had issues and are collecting pensions now. They made real salaries then that allowed them to actually have a family and earn a living too.

It's all about making you a slave. The lack of money, the lack of freedom. It's all about slavery to the elite.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:53 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why bother with drug tests then? I'd rather my employees smoke pot than drink alcohol. If it's legal in their state, maybe they need to rethink that.
Maybe because if the company doesn't do that and something happens, it would be sued out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies