Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:18 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I highly doubt this is the future, I've seen a similar place in Texas (where I did a clinical) and the doctors there are mainly volunteers, they don't get paid. You really think many doctors would do this?

Also, it seems like I still don't understand deductibles, they make it seem like you have to pay out of pocket all those thousands before the insurance pays for you, but that's not what happened with my plan. When I had a silver plan, a doctor visit was free, and most doctor visits range from $90-$150 without insurance, so what's this thing about you have to reach your $4,000 deductible before paying your doctor visit (or any medical service as the article claims)? How come my insurance paid for mine making it free basically despite that doctor visit not reaching anywhere near the $4,000 deductible?
Your visit was not "free". It was paid for by your monthly premiums. If you went in for actual treatment for something, you would be subject to paying out of pocket until you reached your deductible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 08:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
More about " cash bogeys clinics":

http://khn.org/news/varney-clinicas/

To Some, the Best Remedy - latimes

They are not licensed by the state and are operated by physician assistants, not MDs and target the immigrant community.

The cost of routine medical care is no what's breaking the back of healthcare.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-28-2017 at 08:26 AM..

Old 03-28-2017, 08:22 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Isn't this basically just an urgent care? Even the larger chains list prices and have coupons.
The difference is they done deal with the government programs, and they don't deal with the insurance companies. The customer does that on their own. Because they are not tied down by any third party demands, their cost come way down where they should be.

This is how out-of-whack we are. We are so accustomed to these high prices, that when normalcy comes into view - it's a shock to the system and is hard to believe.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:26 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times
How ironic! Mexicans come here and use affordable market-based health care while we struggle to support out-of-control socialized medicine.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:27 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's a fraction of the cost of any urgent care where I live. Yeah, this is CA and this clinic is most likely attracting illegals. At least illegals then don't have to go to emergency rooms for basic stuff.

Yes, and how many of them can afford to pay cash anyway even though the costs are lower? Why is this a clinic for Hispanics only? Hmm.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:33 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I highly doubt this is the future, I've seen a similar place in Texas (where I did a clinical) and the doctors there are mainly volunteers, they don't get paid. You really think many doctors would do this?
This appears to be a network of self-supporting clinics, so it could be that their medical providers are paid, rather than volunteer

Fifty years ago, Arizona funded medical clinics for low-income folks. Lot of old doctors at the end of their careers and nurses who knew what they were doing.

If we decide as a nation that's the way to go, so be it. Lot of good medical care provided with little overhead. Then people could buy cancer policies, or ???

What's the plan to staff these clinics? We are already short of medical providers due to all the headaches that go with it. Add low pay and the ones already working will quit.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Not all Hispanics are illegal -- you do know that right?

And -- they like a cash economy. They don't use cards. I was very involved with a church that had a large Hispanic community. Legal citizens even preferred cash for everything.....

Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, and how many of them can afford to pay cash anyway even though the costs are lower? Why is this a clinic for Hispanics only? Hmm.
Where does it say it's for Hispanics only?

Old 03-28-2017, 08:38 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Where does it say it's for Hispanics only?
Only when it comes to our neighbor to the south. He's like the guy that shows up for every marijuana thread.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:39 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not all Hispanics are illegal -- you do know that right?

And -- they like a cash economy. They don't use cards. I was very involved with a church that had a large Hispanic community. Legal citizens even preferred cash for everything.....
Yes - many would be surprised how many in that culture carry cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies