Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:18 AM

8,408 posts, read 7,400,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
You dish it out, YOU TAKE IT, DIM!
The hilarious thing is that I vote Republican.

I voted for John Kasich in the primaries. I've voted in every Republican primary since Ronald Reagan. And I've voted mostly for Republican presidents since then...

But the Republican insanity of the past decade is just too much for me....I voted for Grandma Nixon (and against Cheeto Jesus) in the general election.

Please, I'm begging you guys...give me a sane and capable Republican presidential candidate and I'll vote for him or her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 10:18 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
The corrupt Clintons TOOK BRIBES?
Whoa... whoa... "bribes" is such an incendiary term... They received compensation for their services. That sounds much nicer...

Old 03-28-2017, 10:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Whoa... whoa... "bribes" is such an incendiary term... They received compensation for their services. That sounds much nicer...
That sounds much more misleading.

From Politico:

Trump’s reference was to Russia’s nuclear power agency buying a controlling interest in a Toronto-based company. That company has mines, mills and tracts of land in Wyoming, Utah and other U.S. states equal to about 20 percent of U.S. uranium production capacity (not produced uranium).

Clinton was secretary of state at the time, but she didn’t have the power to approve or reject the deal. The State Department was only one of nine federal agencies that signed off on the deal, and only President Barack Obama had the power to veto it.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:21 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Whether or not Clinton actually personally profited from this deal, my question is, why would it have been approved at all by the Obama administration? What good can come from Russia having 20% of the capacity?

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Given that Russia doesn’t have the licenses to export uranium outside the United States, it was likely more interested in Uranium One’s assets in Kazakhstan, the world’s largest uranium producer, our colleagues said.

Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies.

The State Department did approve the Uranium One deal, but it didn’t act unilaterally. It was one of nine U.S. government agencies, plus independent federal and state nuclear regulators, that had to sign off on the deal.

Any of the nine agencies could have objected to the deal, only President Barack Obama had the power to veto it.

Even then, the president can only prohibit such transactions only with "credible evidence" that the "foreign interest exercising control might take action that threatens to impair the national security.’ As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton had no real authority to approve or deny the sale at all. They could have given her foundation a billion trillion dollars -- it was out of her hands.

But you know I know this is complicated.....you might want to read it slowly a number of times to understand exactly what is being said...take your time.

A False 'Corruption' Claim - FactCheck.org

12,390 posts, read 7,091,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
From the Politifact link:

Trump’s reference was to Russia’s nuclear power agency buying a controlling interest in a Toronto-based company. That company has mines, mills and tracts of land in Wyoming, Utah and other U.S. states equal to about 20 percent of U.S. uranium production capacity (not produced uranium).

Clinton was secretary of state at the time, but she didn’t have the power to approve or reject the deal. The State Department was only one of nine federal agencies that signed off on the deal, and only President Barack Obama had the power to veto it.

Facts are hard, I know.
Hillary could have not signed off on the deal, as could/should have the other eight agencies.

It's a fact that the CF, and the Clintons personally took in massive amounts of money from groups that were pushing for the deal.

This was a recurring theme for Hillary as the State Department, massive amounts of money funneled into the CF, and to Bill from groups that had matters before the State Department.

Facts are hard, I know.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Whether or not Clinton actually personally profited from this deal, my question is, why would it have been approved at all by the Obama administration? What good can come from Russia having 20% of the capacity?
They weren't after the US holdings from what I read because they can't do anything personally with it but sell it to the USA. They were interested in the Khazistan holdings (ignore my spelling -- too lazy).

Old 03-28-2017, 10:30 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Hillary gave away a whopping 20% of the US Uranium supply to Russia. WHY?
More evidence HRC colluded with the russians along with obama that there is that trump colluded.

HRC used personal devices when travelling, despite warnings from intel agnecies that she would be hacked.

HRC lied about not having top secret info on her personal devices. therefore HRC essentially gave, knowningly, sensitive data to the russians, among others.

HRC used a persoanl server against all regulations. she shared confidential data with people not cleared like lawyers and her maid.

HRC destroyed data after an order to save the data.

How is it possible HRC is not now in prison????????????????

Obama let putin hack away at government databases for 8 years. then suddenly he sits up, sees a way to distract trumps agenda and then tells putin to 'cut it out'!

Obama defended putin in a debate with mitt.

Putin had his way with obama. To please putin, Obama renegged on defensive missles promised to Poland!!!!!!

What benefit did Putin realize with the flexibility obama had after the election??????????? Lapdog media, are you awake????????

Dems and their lapdog media are barking up the wrong tree if they are chasing Trump.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Hillary could have not signed off on the deal, as could/should have the other eight agencies.

It's a fact that the CF, and the Clintons personally took in massive amounts of money from groups that were pushing for the deal.

This was a recurring theme for Hillary as the State Department, massive amounts of money funneled into the CF, and to Bill from groups that had matters before the State Department.

Facts are hard, I know.
9 agencies signed off on a deal for a Russian company to buy control of a Canadian company.

There is no Clinton/Russian scandal. Facts are indeed hard.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:33 AM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That sounds much more misleading.

From Politico:

I don't understand why this needs to be repeated over and over, you would hope that some people would understand the first 50 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies