Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 08:51 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
[about Obama] He had more important issues to attend to.
Like creating a failed healthcare system and doubling the national debt?

Oh, and I forgot, destroying race relations...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 08:57 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Who, anywhere in America, can't get enough pot to satisfy their desire? In California...
California is but one state.
Quote:
You have nothing to complain about except not being able to smoke it in public.
I'm complaining about it being illegal, about people having their reputations tarnished or even being incarcerated for having or using it, about the waste of money fighting it, about the black market created by prohibiting it, and about the relative inability to properly research it.

But hey, if it's so easy to get and consequence-free, as you imply, why not codify that and move it off Schedule I where our dear government is telling us it has more addiction potential and less medicinal value than Crack Cocaine and Methamphetamine?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:01 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Come on, tell me you have problems finding a pot dealer anywhere in America. LOL!

What you want is guilt-free pot. Ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:19 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Come on, tell me you have problems finding a pot dealer anywhere in America.
Okay, so you prefer the black-market, off-the-books system then?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:23 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Trump doing that? There's a private prison industry completely dependent on keeping weed illegal. They have money, the stoners don't. And if Trump can be said to have anything resembling an ethos, "People with money are right" is a central part of it.
Yeah, don't forget the pharmaceutical industry probably doesn't want pot legalized on a Federal level either -- who wants more competition?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:29 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yep.Nope. I've been of the same opinion for 26 years (I'm 42 y.o.). I read Chasing the Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs last year. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I have to ponder what the issue is here. Does the Bible lay out a framework for which substances are sins and which are sky-daddy-approved? I'm a lifelong atheist and not the biggest Bible scholar, but wasn't Jesus stoned on the streets of Galilee?
The Bible cautions against excess. Drunkenness, gluttony, etc. It doesn't forbid alcohol and rich foods outright. I don't think they had weed in Judea or Egypt. Definitely the Romans didn't have any. No stoner would have the ambition or frame of mind to feed anybody to a lion.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:31 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't know what's up with some of you pot lovers. You have it and smoke it whenever you want anyway, most with the ruse of calling it medical. Grow up and worry about something a little bit more important than getting high.
Well, look at how the Prohibition worked out. People shouldn't have to go to a doctor and perhaps have to lie about their health (which would probably affect their health insurance prices) just to enjoy something that's pretty damn harmless.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:31 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I have NO idea why he didn't. Back in 2008, when I ack-chually voted for the man, and he won, I would have sworn that at the very least the rescheduling of cannabis would be part of the 4 years. 8 years later, nothing.
I think he didn't want to be a cliche. The first black president legalized weed.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:42 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,155 times
My Dad is a 65 year old stoner. He has smoked pot since he was 15. Sorry it is addictive. He's burned a lot of brain cells and tons of cash over the years on his "habit." Honestly, I think he has sustained long term brain damage from 50 years of heavy use. He is emotionally stunted and has zero motivation. There are long term effects. It will remain to be seen if he ends up with cancer.

I do not support legalization. There is a social cost in terms of child neglect that is often overlooked.

The Fed's will not decriminalize anytime soon.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:43 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
Quote:
Like creating a failed healthcare system and doubling the national debt?

Oh, and I forgot, destroying race relations...
Riight (sarcasm).

Have you read the ACA? I have. Because when you have health problems, and you are "effed" by the unregulated insurance companies, you spend your time getting health insurance. Not because you want someone else to pay your health bill, but because you want to pay the same rates for healthcare and medicine as those that can bargain for it.

Are there really people that think our last president destroyed "race relations"? Newsflash, our last president was smart, and also multiracial. I smile thinking how he and I might have shared some DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies