Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 10:46 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,465,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I wouldn't call some of those cities in Idaho urban, they seem to be a suburban/ rural. Many of these areas have few choices and there is no indication that other facilities even if they are in proximity can handle the workload.

If they are redundant then you should be able to produce a study, I didn't hear that point brought up in any debate. There are no facts to support your opinion, pulling the plug on a health organization that supports 60% of the low income families will be a significant impact. The congressmen that approved this bill don't give a rats rear end about these people living at the low end, they just want to see PP defunded.
Guess they're guna have to wrap it or abstain... Or turn to alternative measures to avoid a visit from the stork, or blisters and drips and itches and funky smells show up now aren't they?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Sex is a raw instinct"

So, if you are a man, you see a beautiful woman walking down the street you can sexually attack her or pull out your wang and start masturbating right the on the street and when in court say to the judge "Sex is a raw instinct" and I couldn't control myself.

See how far THAT gets you!

Eating is a "raw instinct", so when you are walking through the grocery store you can grab any piece of food you see and stat eating it and walk out the store without paying for it.

We have a LOT of "raw instincts" which we control. we are NOT wild animals.

Sane Mature adults CAN control their "raw instincts" which puts us apart from the rest of the animals in the world.
Oh no... Don't hit them with common sense and preach responsibility! thats a no-no!

Old 04-01-2017, 02:52 PM

56,925 posts, read 25,858,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
The current legislation does not deal with closing PP. It deals with individual states rights to decide whether or not they wish to use their money to fund this organization. If PP is unable to function without subsidy perhaps it should re-examine how it conducts its operations.
None of these clinics can function without funding why do you think they put Title IX in place 50 years ago, do you think there were free market clinics.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:35 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,971,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Guess they're guna have to wrap it or abstain... Or turn to alternative measures to avoid a visit from the stork, or blisters and drips and itches and funky smells show up now aren't they?

.......or just go on the public dole to support the kids and use the local ER for those blisters, drips and funky smells.....after spreading it around awhile.

THAT's reality vs wishful thinking.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
.......or just go on the public dole to support the kids and use the local ER for those blisters, drips and funky smells.....after spreading it around awhile.

THAT's reality vs wishful thinking.
Or sterilize and refuse treatment. That will stop fast. Diseases die with them. Win win

Old 04-01-2017, 07:56 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,971,776 times
Quote:
Or sterilize and refuse treatment. That will stop fast. Diseases die with them. Win win

Again....wishful thinking that isn't going to happen.

We have to do things that will work, like making it as easy as we can for people to avoid unwanted pregnancies and treat STDS....... it will save us all money in the long run.

Pay a little bit now or a lot later.

People need to make peace with the concept instead of ranting about woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:18 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Oh no... Don't hit them with common sense and preach responsibility! thats a no-no!
Right-wingers have made a mockery of "personal responsibility".

Old 04-02-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Again....wishful thinking that isn't going to happen.

We have to do things that will work, like making it as easy as we can for people to avoid unwanted pregnancies and treat STDS....... it will save us all money in the long run.

Pay a little bit now or a lot later.

People need to make peace with the concept instead of ranting about woulda, coulda, shoulda.
So rewarding bad behavior and enabling poor choices through tax funded programs will stop the problem?

Educate. Instill morals, standards, and self discipline, that would end unwanted pregnancies and STDs... 0 one night stands, monogamous when in relationships, get to know someone before getting intimate with them, use some form of birth control/abstain or other "activities" that do not yield pregnancy. Problem solved.

Cut those programs, make them feed what they breed, let the diseased die off. Can't spread if it doesn't exist anymore.

I myself would not entertain the idea of sleeping with someone I met the same night I met them. If she's got intentions of coming back to my place, or invited me back to hers, nope.
If she informs me of having kid(s), end the conversation right then and there.

0 kids. 0 diseases/infections. Don't need a notch on my bedpost to feel better about myself. Don't live a cheap lifestyle or adhere to fads/norms either. Quality trumps quantity. Prime rib or 50 doublechin burgers from McDonald's? 2 kias or 1 Cadillac? 5 one night stands a month or developing a relationship and get it every night?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:33 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
So rewarding bad behavior and enabling poor choices through tax funded programs will stop the problem?

Educate. Instill morals, standards, and self discipline, that would end unwanted pregnancies and STDs... 0 one night stands, monogamous when in relationships, get to know someone before getting intimate with them, use some form of birth control/abstain or other "activities" that do not yield pregnancy. Problem solved.

Cut those programs, make them feed what they breed, let the diseased die off. Can't spread if it doesn't exist anymore.

I myself would not entertain the idea of sleeping with someone I met the same night I met them. If she's got intentions of coming back to my place, or invited me back to hers, nope.
If she informs me of having kid(s), end the conversation right then and there.

0 kids. 0 diseases/infections. Don't need a notch on my bedpost to feel better about myself. Don't live a cheap lifestyle or adhere to fads/norms either. Quality trumps quantity. Prime rib or 50 doublechin burgers from McDonald's? 2 kias or 1 Cadillac? 5 one night stands a month or developing a relationship and get it every night?
Wow! Who knew it was that easy? You've just solved a problem that has been around for about 10,000 years! You win the internet today!

Old 04-02-2017, 08:48 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,808,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Planned Parenthood is redundant and unnecessary. There are many times more taxpayer-funded Public Health Department low-cost or free Family Planning Clinics than there are PP facilities.

https://www.hhs.gov/opa/
Bears repeating. This should have ended the thread. When a major grocery store shuts down their customers go somewhere else for groceries. They don't starve.

We need more abortions. It means less Democrat voters in 19 years. If not for Roe v. Wade we would have had 2001-2009 Al Gore, 2009-2017 Barack Obama, Hitlery Clinton 2017-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies