Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 05:50 AM

88,946 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I see you have been reading the usual Life News ploy, "PP is redundant". The very last thing you would want to do is toy with inner city family planning services in places like Chicago or Baltimore.
I posted the publicly-funded FP clinics for a low-income Chicago zip code. There are 17. PP is redundant and unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 06:03 AM

57,207 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I posted the publicly-funded FP clinics for a low-income Chicago zip code. There are 17. PP is redundant and unnecessary.
Let's not make believe that the house bill has anything to do with reducing cost, Family Planning accounts for a fractional part of Medicaid Funding. Besides if redundancy is their concern wouldn't it be logical to look at all FP clinics, they didn't.

Additionally poor women chose PP clinics for whatever reason, but now congress is going to close them not having any idea of the result. That makes absolutely no sense.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Let's not make believe that the house bill has anything to do with reducing cost, Family Planning accounts for a fractional part of Medicaid Funding. Besides if redundancy is their concern wouldn't it be logical to look at all FP clinics, they didn't.
Why shouldn't a public health department clinic facility rather than a white supremacist private organization be given tax $$$?

Look, I get it, you're fond of PP. But supporting a white supremacist organization is on YOU.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:10 AM

57,207 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't a public health department clinic facility rather than a white supremacist private organization be given tax $$$?

Look, I get it, you're fond of PP. But supporting a white supremacist organization is on YOU.
I just think it's foolish to disrupt the lives of low income women, family planning should be common ground but the GOP is doing it's best to screw that up.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I just think it's foolish to disrupt the lives of low income women, family planning should be common ground but the GOP is doing it's best to screw that up.
Spare me your racist BS. There are 17 publicly-funded FP clinics within a 10 mile radius of the center of a low-income Chicago zip code, compared to only 16 PP facilities in the entire state of Illinois. Easy to tell which is redundant and unnecessary.

Besides, if you want to support a white supremacist private organization that specifically and purposely targets Blacks and Hispanics for abortion, that's on YOU.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:18 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That's exactly what will happen. Blue states need to build a wall.
Fine by me....as long as you all promise to stay inside.
I'll even volunteer my tax dollars to help y'all pay for it.

And no sneaky climbing out now.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,258 times
Quote:
Look at the facts. According to the CDC, Black and Hispanic women are 5 times and 2 times more likely, respectively, to have an abortion than White women. And then look at where 79% of PP's Surgical Abortion Facilities are located: within walking distance of Black and/or Hispanic neighborhoods. They're targeted for abortion, no doubt about it.

If you're good with supporting a white supremacist organization, that's on you.
If you're good with believing that Planned Parenthood is a racist organization, that's on you!

Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Fine by me....as long as you all promise to stay inside.
I'll even volunteer my tax dollars to help y'all pay for it.

And no sneaky climbing out now.
Who the hell wants to climb out of Vermont for Mississippi?

Old 04-03-2017, 06:27 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That's exactly what will happen. Blue states need to build a wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
one of the jobs of a democracy is to avoid the tyranny of the majority. Many states will not. that is perhaps the 2nd biggest reason to even have a federal government.

funny how so many forget that when it suits them.

OK....so, please explain how not forcing me to fund your abortion with my tax dollars equals tyranny.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
If you're good with believing that Planned Parenthood is a racist organization, that's on you!
Facts are facts. 79% of PP's Surgical Abortion Facilities are located within walking distance of minority neighborhoods, and minorities have a disproportionately high rate of abortion.

If you don't realize you're supporting a white supremacist organization, you're blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies