Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 05:05 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times

Advertisements

Seems like Republican men are the most concerned acting. I don't know why they can't leave this issue to women to hammer out. Men wouldn't sit still letting women make decisions of a sexual nature up to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 05:06 PM

778 posts, read 339,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
What I find "funny" is, most pro-lifers/conservatives, only care about the unborn child, until it is born. After that, sorry, you're on your own! Heaven forbid you are the child of an unfit person/parent and end up on any kind of welfare, then you become a drain on society. *********, like you asked to be here.

Where are all these pro-lifers lined up to adopt? You never see that. Put your money where your mouth is.

You have to have a licence to catch a fish, but anyone can have a kid, how screwy is that?

The issue is not one of who should take care of the baby the issue is whether there is value in all human life. I say that there is value in all human life.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
ftfy
So it could be a puppy or a llama?

Old 03-31-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I've never come across a pro-life person who supports these things, and certainly not here on C-D. Are you sure they exist?
I an very involved with financial support and my time to an organization that provides financial and emotional support to women who give birth to children instead of killing them. There are hundreds upon hundreds of charitable organizations that provide housing, education, medical and emotional support to single, poor, pregnant women both during and after giving birth. I have posted links MULTIPLE times on this issue, whenever this pro-choice canard shows up...in other words, every time this issue comes up.

https://www.singlemotherhelp.org/top...p-mothers.html

Regardless of that. The issue about abortion is whether or not human life has value. Either you think it does or you don't.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:18 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
I an very involved with financial support and my time to an organization that provides financial and emotional support to women who give birth to children instead of killing them. There are hundreds upon hundreds of charitable organizations that provide housing, education, medical and emotional support to single, poor, pregnant women both during and after giving birth. I have posted links MULTIPLE times on this issue, whenever this pro-choice canard shows up...in other words, every time this issue comes up.

https://www.singlemotherhelp.org/top...p-mothers.html

Regardless of that. The issue about abortion is whether or not human life has value. Either you think it does or you don't.
There are very charitable people but the fact remains that our foster care system is in deplorable condition in just about every state. If abortion ended tomorrow the system could not handle the increase. Education and contraception should be common ground regardless of which side of the issue you are on, that is far from the case.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
I am mildly amused by this statement, and how often it is repeated in this thread. I guess it is just part of the liberal/far left indoctrination program, and if you repeat a lie often enough some people will think it's true.
You are right. As a former pro-choice believer, I bought into this kind of rhetoric that was used to brainwash women into believing that that their unborn progeny have no value other than that which the pregnant woman places on it.

The issue of abortion is not about convenience or women's rights or any of that nonsense. It is about whether a human life has value or not. The progressives have convinced women that the value of a human life is a relative to how a pregnant woman "feels" about the unborn human.

If the woman places value on the unborn human she has created, then it is a baby. If a woman places no value on the unborn human she has created, then it has no value, it is a glob of cells or a tumor or an obstacle to be rid of.

Moral relevance is what Abortion is all about.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:55 PM

720 posts, read 500,735 times
Quote:
If the woman places value on the unborn human she has created, then it is a baby. If a woman places no value on the unborn human she has created, then it has no value, it is a glob of cells or a tumor or an obstacle to be rid of.
This has always been my issue with abortion in a nutshell. It's an unborn child regardless of whether it's convenient for you to be pregnant.

I think a lot of the polarization comes down to two things:
1) Differing perspectives. People who are pro-choice look at it as a matter of forcing women into parenthood and they find it really offensive to suggest that women must parent, especially if they don't want to. On the other hand, pro-lifers look at abortion not as a matter of when to be a parent, but when it's okay to terminate a pregnancy. I get wanting to hold off on becoming a parent, but the excuses I think are valid dwindle tremendously once you're actually pregnant.
2) Roe v. Wade. It's my theory that whenever the courts get involved and basically tell society what they have to accept, the controversy is going to always be there. People were never allowed to "come around" on their views regarding abortion, so both sides became entrenched and have been for over two generations. I think if a state wants to legalize abortion, they should put it to a vote and let the people decide if they agree. But I don't agree with federal funds going to offset the costs of abortions, and I don't believe there's some constitutional right to have an abortion, either.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:57 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Yeah it's not like we have adoption. foster parents, food stamps, welfare or anything to take care of them once they're here if family isn't willing to do so. And then there are churches. Only the government gives more to the poor than churches. I pass a church regularly that runs a crisis pregnancy program where they house women and children until they can get on their feet. My old church served as a homeless shelter one week out of 12 in a rotating basis with 11 other churches and ran a food pantry for the poor. I'm currently searching for a new church because I moved. I'm looking for one that has an outreach program for the community I can get involved in.

There are many people who care and help. The left simply chooses not to see this.
Home, you really think only left is aborting????? Omg stick head in sand! And I do go to church and moved around so not stuck in one place.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:03 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'm willing to bet there is some justification going on here too among those who have had abortions. How can they not support the abortion industry without feeling guilt for what they've done? So they beat the drum and promote abortion as a right and pretend there is no moral issue to wrestle with here.
You kidding me? Some know nothing.!! I have never, -but know who have. And they suffer in their own way. I knew one -she was a harder than a rock, but most suffer, just as those who give the babies away. Work with some of these girls or young women before you spew those accusations.
We are great to accuse and demean, that's 90% of why there are abortions! Haters !

Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The OP doesn't even follow his own religion. The Christian God says to love everyone and he obviously hates homosexuals.
I do? I'm one. I'm married to one. He gets on my nerves a lot, but hate him? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies