Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 01:10 AM

37,043 posts, read 41,975,975 times

Advertisements

We can't have a successful single payer as designed and we will not secede.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 01:36 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,902,943 times
Can we please just get rid of California? It is an absolutely worthless place and the people are awful morons. I can say this with authority because I was unfortunate enough to live in that dump once.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:59 AM

6,004 posts, read 3,707,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Can we please just get rid of California? It is an absolutely worthless place and the people are awful morons. I can say this with authority because I was unfortunate enough to live in that dump once.
So how does wanting to make sure everyone has health coverage make a state "worthless"? I think it's very noble. You conservatives seem to take particular delight in knowing that some people can't afford healthcare.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:39 AM

26,905 posts, read 13,123,741 times
Letting each state decide, on what type of health care system they want may be a good idea.

Trump could even allow referendums in states that wanted to gauge public opinion.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:43 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,898,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Myself and maybe others think of the states as a experimental lab for democracy. A state using the democratic process implements policy and the rest of the country can watch the results. It sure beats the one size fits all tyranny of the federal gvt when they implement bad policy the whole country feels the pain.

With that said I am all for California attempting to implement single payer on their own and I have no concern what so ever that the {D} party will be leading the charge. At least the {D} leaders of the state have a means to pay for it unlike the federal gvt{ see 20 trillion$ debt} by offering up taxes on employees and employers. Will that bring big time damage to their economy? IMO, there Californians they are use to high taxes and fees.

Like you I do not know if it will work but I know I want to see it.
People dont pay for it by simply moving to California and expecting to be covered. You have to pay into the system through a lifetime of taxes for it to work. As long as conservatives who claim they are all for "state's rights" refuse to put severe restrictions on the movement of people between states and refuse the right of states to slap tariffs on other states, states can never have the ability to implement successful programs like the federal government can.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:14 AM

9,842 posts, read 7,586,856 times
It would be interesting if passed seeing the size of California. I mean I like some of the concepts of individuals able to see any Doctor without a referral and the State buying pharmaceutical drugs. Not keen on forcing people to have insurance. Glad if it does pass certain individuals such as cancer patients will finally be able to afford care.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,122,208 times
As long as federal funding is not used to support CA experiment..

Otherwise go for it.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:01 AM

44,990 posts, read 26,145,251 times
Just a local gang running it instead of a larger further removed one. Why do people continually confuse health insurance/coverage with actual health care?
The best plan is one where it is just you and your doctor and with no third party interference at any level.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:16 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,753,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So how does wanting to make sure everyone has health coverage make a state "worthless"? I think it's very noble. You conservatives seem to take particular delight in knowing that some people can't afford healthcare.
It is a noble goal, but one that cannot be implemented at a State level due to adverse selection (the sick and needy migrating to CA). It can only work at a national level, and even then there has to be some limits on what people can reasonably expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies