Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 05:44 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,143 times

Advertisements

Don't listen to the hate mongers out there and especially from the corrupt media. They're not telling you the truth only lies to destroy trump's presidency. Though over time eventually people will see what a great president Trump is and what a failure Obama was!!!

Quote:
Americans appear to be more optimistic about growth in recent months, and manufacturers are no exception. New results from the NAM Manufacturers’ Outlook survey show manufacturers’ optimism rose to a new all-time high in the survey’s nearly 20-year history.

In this latest NAM Manufacturers’ Outlook survey, 93.3 percent of manufacturers are either somewhat or very positive about their own company’s outlook, up from 56.6 percent one year ago and 77.8 percent in December
- See more at: 2017 First Quarter Manufacturers' Outlook Survey | NAM

2017 First Quarter Manufacturers' Outlook Survey | NAM

Last edited by fordtrucks; 04-02-2017 at 05:57 AM..

Old 04-02-2017, 05:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
WOW !!! Who knew the economy was getting better ! If you think that drastic shift only took place because Trump has been in there two months, you must have been in a coma for the past 8 years.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
WOW !!! Who knew the economy was getting better ? If you think that drastic shift only took place because Trump has been in there two months, you must have been in a coma for the past 8 years.
As business owner myself you have absolutely no clue. Though why am I not surprised!!!

Old 04-02-2017, 06:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
As business owner myself you have absolutely no clue. Though why am I not surprised!!!
How about enlightening me ? We have two shops, and 8 years ago we were the only business left in the whole complex, except for one other business. One by one, all of them folded and there were no new businesses to move in. Slowly, as Obama began to work on it, construction and other businesses began to come back.

Today, every shop in the complex is full and there is a waiting list of people wanting to move in. There are also "Help Wanted" signs everywhere I look. If you somehow think that happened since Jan 20, you are very much mistaken.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Today, every shop in the complex is full and there is a waiting list of people wanting to move in. There are also "Help Wanted" signs everywhere I look. If you somehow think that happened since Jan 20, you are very much mistaken.
I don't know about your situation. However, speaking for myself and other business owners I know. When Trump won it gave us all confidence that finally we had a president that was on our side and not against us. And obviously "confidence" is an extremely important ingredient to business owners!!!

Old 04-02-2017, 06:19 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
WOW !!! Who knew the economy was getting better ! If you think that drastic shift only took place because Trump has been in there two months, you must have been in a coma for the past 8 years.
This has nothing to do with substance, this was a survey on the outlook. I understand the optimism but would guess that is mostly due to the corporate tax cut and across the board income tax cuts. I used to get excited when I filled out my Christmas list but then there is reality. He will have a tough time delivering even from within his own party.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:53 AM

29,818 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Liberals don't care about manufacturing. They would prefer it all be done in some SE Asian crap hole where life is cheap and widgets can be made dirt cheap as a result. Liberals don't care about the workers in America who depend on manufacturing for their livelihood. They would prefer all these people erased and replaced by robots, or preferably, a SE Asian slave.

Liberals simply don't care. And this is why Democrats will have no power for the next 20 years, at least. America does not care about gender bending bathroom distractions. They care about their jobs, their loved ones and their nation's ability to do things besides doctoring, lawyering, and bean counting. Not everyone is going to go to college to do the very narrow range of jobs that liberals favor, and it's unacceptable for 1/5th of Americans to have to rely on welfare to eat. Liberals can't be trusted to manage a lemonade stand or a hotdog cart. And now, America realizes this, which is why liberals will hopefully never be charged with the responsibility of managing our economy again.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:08 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That is not what the OP said. If you reread the OP, he is talking about a survey done by NAM (National Association of Manufacturers) which says that their members are more optimistic about the future.

http://www.nam.org/Data-and-Reports/...utlook-Survey/

Americans appear to be more optimistic about growth in recent months, and manufacturers are no exception. New results from the NAM Manufacturers’ Outlook survey show manufacturers’ optimism rose to a new all-time high in the survey’s nearly 20-year history.

A lot of the optimism probably has to do with the prospect of tax and regulatory reform. Some of it also may have to do with having a President who is pro business and understands the challenges that businesses have been going through for years.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:11 AM

5,898 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
However, speaking for myself and other business owners I know. When Trump won it gave us all confidence that finally we had a president that was on our side and not against us. And obviously "confidence" is an extremely important ingredient to business owners!!!
As a business owner myself, I don't need any politician or governing body to inspire "confidence" in my abilities to run my company, or our ability to produce products. You either have "confidence" in your ability to be successful, and put out products that people give a damn about, or you do not, regardless of who is in office. I didn't know many business owners were special snowflakes who needed politicians to constantly boost their own egos as justification for doing something worthwhile to their communities.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:27 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,156,062 times
The liberals are going to be very disappointed in the great success of America with a great leader like Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies