Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 12:01 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I live around "moderate" Democrats that voted for Trump (a blue state that went red). The Democrat party is led by extremist and has become the party of the rich. It's a very different party than it used to be.

Kennedy put man on the moon,
Obama put man in the ladies room.
and tRump wants to put his hand up a woman's tw*t!

Last edited by TheEmissary; 04-02-2017 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 12:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
We don't have to. All we have to do is turn out the black and youth vote. Hillary was a terrible candidate who failed to inspire either.

As it stands, the election is over. You guys need to focus on governing now.
They don't know how to govern. Remember the Bush era? This one is going to be far worse.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:04 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
I live around "moderate" Democrats that voted for Trump (a blue state that went red). The Democrat party is led by extremist and has become the party of the rich. It's a very different party than it used to be.

Actually, as working towards men on the moon is JFKs legacy, working to universal HC is Obama's. I know it pizzes off those that hate him that Trump and the GOP cant seem to destroy it with a penstroke. The trans issue is a sidebar to a legacy that brought us a path to universal HC, saved the US auto industry, saved the US banking system, and oversaw our economy go from the dumps to record highs.

Harping about the trans issue wont alter any of that.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:22 PM

34,046 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:

great post

Old 04-02-2017, 12:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Actually, as working towards men on the moon is JFKs legacy, working to universal HC is Obama's. I know it pizzes off those that hate him that Trump and the GOP cant seem to destroy it with a penstroke. The trans issue is a sidebar to a legacy that brought us a path to universal HC, saved the US auto industry, saved the US banking system, and oversaw our economy go from the dumps to record highs.

No worries, my $900.00 a month healthcare insurance bill (you know, the bill that was supposed to be reduced)... it pizzes me off to overcome everything. So what are you paying for your healthcare every month?

Old 04-02-2017, 12:27 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:

Great post. JFK got us started on getting a man to the moon.

Obama got us started on universal health care.

Now we just need to continue, not be sidetracked by people who want to kill anything that they didn't come up with.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
and tRump wants to put his hand up a woman's tw*t!
Yea, and the women wanted him to, they were hoping to get a long term contract.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
No worries, my $900.00 a month healthcare insurance bill (you know, the bill that was supposed to be reduced)... it pizzes me off to overcome everything. So what are you paying for your healthcare every month?

Same as I was before, within a few tens of dollars.

If your state refuses to participate in the fed program because of party politics, your issue is with your state leaders.

But my post wasnt so much a defense of Ocare. It isnt perfect by any means, and I wish it would be tweaked to be better, WHICH the Dems have offered to do as soon as the rush to simply repeal and trash it is abandoned. It was a response to the stupid post I quoted deliberately being deceptive about what Obama has accomplished.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Yea, and the women wanted him to, they were hoping to get a long term contract.
What a sad commentary on the mindset of a Trump cultist.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Same as I was before, within a few tens of dollars.

If your state refuses to participate in the fed program because of party politics, your issue is with your state leaders.

But my post wasnt so much a defense of Ocare. It isnt perfect by any means, and I wish it would be tweaked to be better, WHICH the Dems have offered to do as soon as the rush to simply repeal and trash it is abandoned. It was a response to the stupid post I quoted deliberately being deceptive about what Obama has accomplished.
My state is run by a Democrat governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies