Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 09:41 AM

1,194 posts, read 721,435 times

Advertisements

Do you think its fine or should it be taken off the air. Honestly I could care less one way or another what people do behind closed doors. However, its a little awkward when my nephew or niece come for a visit and they see the commercials. Basically I have to make up story why they're kissing each other. It's because they haven't seen their relative in a long time. I just wish they would pull off those commercials from airing. Though I highly doubt it Boston area is very liberal.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:48 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,575,938 times
Do you say the same thing when a commercial shows a man kissing a woman? If not, then you are a homophobe.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:50 AM

24,259 posts, read 16,930,725 times
My wife and I have gay friends both male and female that we go out with on occasion and the last thing I want to see is them making out. Then again I don't want to see a hetero couple making out either.

We all know that a gay couple gets up to the same shenanigans as we all do at home behind closed doors so we don't need to see it.

I haven't seen the commercials you are talking about but I understand your concern OP and having to explain it to kids.
I think you have handled it well by saying that the people in the commercials are happy to see each other. You could also so they are European and that is how they say hello to each other.

Of course there is also different levels of kissing. A quick peck is one thing but making out is another.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:54 AM

1,194 posts, read 721,435 times
Quote:
I haven't seen the commercials you are talking
Eastern Bank commercial

Old 04-02-2017, 09:57 AM

6,387 posts, read 4,081,353 times
In other words, the OP wants to pretend we don't exist.

Have you ever seen a couple just got married and are on their honey moon? We just got told by our friends and family to pretend like we're a couple of guy friends when we go on our honeymoon for our own safety.

Thank you OP for supporting homophobia and promoting the closet.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:57 AM

106 posts, read 121,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I haven't seen the commercials you are talking about but I understand your concern OP and having to explain it to kids.
I think you have handled it well by saying that the people in the commercials are happy to see each other. You could also so they are European and that is how they say hello to each other.
Or maybe we could call it like it is and tell our children they're in love?

Old 04-02-2017, 09:59 AM

106 posts, read 121,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
In other words, the OP wants to pretend we don't exist.

Have you ever seen a couple just got married and are on their honey moon? We just got told by our friends and family to pretend like we're a couple of guy friends when we go on our honeymoon for our own safety.

Thank you OP for supporting homophobia and promoting the closet.
I was thinking the same. I can't count how many times I've seen straight couples kiss on TV but you don't hear anyone saying it should be hidden or creating lies to their children to explain that it's not normal.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:02 AM

230 posts, read 113,813 times
I don't care if it's on TV,but I don't want to see anyone making out in front of me. Gay or straight it's just rude.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:05 AM

6,387 posts, read 4,081,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by as111 View Post
I was thinking the same. I can't count how many times I've seen straight couples kiss on TV but you don't hear anyone saying it should be hidden or creating lies to their children to explain that it's not normal.
I've seen straight couples kiss on tv plenty of times. I've seen them kiss in public plenty of time. Nobody ever says anything. But we are constantly told by everyone to pretend like we're a couple of guy friends for our safety.

Even planning out our honeymoon is stressful. We have to make sure the places we go to aren't going to hang us. We can't even hold hands, something that straight couples do all the time.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:05 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,447,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Do you think its fine or should it be taken off the air. Honestly I could care less one way or another what people do behind closed doors. However, its a little awkward when my nephew or niece come for a visit and they see the commercials. Basically I have to make up story why they're kissing each other. It's because they haven't seen their relative in a long time. I just wish they would pull off those commercials from airing. Though I highly doubt it Boston area is very liberal.
Why do you care? Kids are not asking why a same sex couple is kissing, they just aren't. At least be honest and say that it makes YOU uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies