Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 06:50 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,778,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I thought he was supposed to have quit or impeached by now?

Will it be May or June?

You sure you didn't vote for him, Pedro? The only thing I've seen you criticize him for is the weekend golf. Other than that, you sound like a member of Cult 45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 06:52 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,641,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
You sure you didn't vote for him, Pedro? The only thing I've seen you criticize him for is the weekend golf. Other than that, you sound like a member of Cult 45.
Cult 45 is spot on. CD doesn't allow me to rep you right now.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:11 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,391,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump winning 31 states doesn't really mean anything

Here is the denial mindset that is perpetuating this crap. It means, he is YOUR President... Your BOSS, your Daddy.
This is a nation of states, not of people. It is not the United People of America on our header.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:18 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,891,077 times
By this time in the Obama Admin, the stimulus was passed, the debate on the ACA began and many other bills were passed.

What does Trump have under his belt? There are a number of EOs -- mostly that do harm and one that the courts overturned In those we have allowing coal companies to dump coal ash in streams that coal executives say won't bring back any jobs, then we have the E.P.A. Chief, Rejecting Agency’s Science, Chooses Not to Ban Insecticide. On legislation we have passing an attack Internet privacy, and of course the ACA repeal that was was supposed to replace it with "something terrific" but would have forced 24 mil. people off of insurance while giving the rest inferior coverage.

Yes, if Trump still being there is you low bar goal, he's met your expectations but he's incompetent.

Talking Points memo says this:

Old 04-03-2017, 07:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,405,195 times
Talking Patience...

Quote:

Will it be May or June?

We were all told that Obamacare would be repealed and replaced "on day one" also.

Keep your pants on. The best is yet to come.

Stay tuned for further developments.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:35 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,474,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
You must not be reading enough of my posts.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:38 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,881,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweed22 View Post
Nails in his coffin? Why because the crazy left on CNN says so???. Trump just won 31 states. This is why we have elections. Good luck to the democrats with Schumer and Pelosi. Funny how they still act like they're in charge. Haha.
So? Keep harping on how he won the election just as Trump himself does; that's his only bragging point anymore. He hasn't kept his promises and has made himself look like an incompetent fool in an amazingly short amount of time. He's even alienated his core voter base; poor working class Americans because he has turned his back on them and cutting the programs he said he would leave intact.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:41 AM

42,753 posts, read 25,971,458 times
And in a new IBD/TIP Poll:

Just 34% of the public approve of the job President Trump is doing, as his support among Republicans and independents tumbles, according to the April IBD/TIPP poll. Fifty six percent disapprove of the job he's doing. Approval ratings for a president haven't been this low President Bush's last months in office.

Last month, 40% of independents approved of the job Trump is doing; just 29% approve today. Among Republicans, Trump's job approval is 74%, which represents a 14-point decline from last month.
Trump Approval Plunges Amid Russia Inquiry, ObamaCare Repeal Failure

but never mind polls don't matter, right?

Old 04-03-2017, 07:43 AM

25,683 posts, read 21,844,968 times
Quote:

Will it be May or June?

Trump is POTUS? I thought he wasn't a serious candidate, wouldn't get the nomination, would drop out if he were nominated, wouldn't win against Hillary, would drop out if elected POTUS and you're telling me he is POTUS! Are you sure?

I thought they were talking about a "redo" of the election, maybe running Cruz to give Hillary a better chance.

There was something too about the electoral college.......

It is sad they can't move on and that those in Congress are acting like 2 year olds that didn't get their way and are now obstructing our government moving forward because "It was time." The only thing it is time for is for those people to pull their heads out of their butts and act like responsible adults and do the job they were elected to do.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:48 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,879,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Be reasonable here, Pedro. This was not going to happen overnight, it is not like The Apprentice, where someone gets fired at the end of each show. It is going to take time.

The GOP, and others who want him out, realize there are a lot of people (like you) who actually like the guy, and to just start proceedings without you being on board would cause a lot of problems. They have to let things take their course and do it the right way.

But, have patience, he digs his hole deeper a little more every day and puts a few more nails in his coffin, all by himself. Everything has it's breaking point, and he will be his own downfall.
This is a good summary of the actual situation. I still think it's unlikely he will be impeached, but who knows? All depends on whether they get a 9/11 style independent commission to investigate the Russian corruption. The House investigative committee is nothing more than a kangaroo court with Nunes at the helm. The more likely scenario is that he will continue to flounder forward for a couple of years with a highly damaged credibility. The good news is that our courts and our legislature are going to keep him on a short leash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies