Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 04:14 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
^ this

I don't like ISIS, I also don't think we should go all gung ho and invade Syria either. However, Assad's repeated poison gas attacks against his own people are heading in the direction of a game changer. We may end up having to fight a 2 way war in Syria - one against Assad, and another against ISIS
This has been the problem for a while
The Kurds were a good bet, even if the Turks didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump tweeted out 4 times in 2013 that Obama should not take action against Syria. Today the WH issued a statement blaming obama for today's attack.
that statement was unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 04:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I don't recall Trump saying he was going to depose of Assad. Strange how upset you all are allasudden. Just cause your boy and his imaginary line?
Trump threatened to SHOOT and worse if countries did bad things. He clearly stated that Obama - who brought in a coalition to take away all (most) of Syrias chemical weapons was WEAK...and that he, Don the Con, would take MUCH stronger action if such things happened under his watch.

Let's watch and wait. On one hand Trump said he was gonna pull us back from foreign entanglements - on the other he just sent in thousands of boots on the ground in Syria, changed the rules (that made those dead civilians - bombed) and we do know he failed big on his "secret" Yemen mission.

Let's see how good he is at the game of nations...

Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
I have yet to hear a plan from the Trumpies as to how he is going to handle Syria - and blaming BO is not a plan.

So far all I see is his lips being firmly affixed to Putin's butt and no courage to call out Assad for gassing his people.

So tell me what's his Syria plan? - Is that the sound of crickets?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yet you conveniently fail to mention all those who feigned such concern over civilians killed by Obama yet remain deathly silent over the recent air strikes in Syria that killed civilians.
How is that conveniently failing to mention since it's not the topic of the thread?

Of course the hypocrites that complained about Obama golfing or drone strikes etc. will pardon Trump if he is of the right political party without even an eye twitch over those hypocritical mental gymnastics.

Frankly, it's pretty rich that you would lecture me about this seeing as how I'm one of the few posters around here that recognizes both sides being very similar while their constituents have paralyzing amnesia.
Heck, I was just called a left wing liberal not that long ago for defending Obamacare (warts and all)

So, go shove with your strawman. Thanks!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:21 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They are 100% correct.

Obama huffed and puffed and drew a Syria "Red Line", then did nothing. It was license for Assad to do whatever he wanted. And he did.

Even David Cameron dropped support for Obama's Syria position. Of course, not covered by the USA MSM.

Now Trump is left to clean up yet another pile of poop left by the yapping poodle Obama.
trump agreed that Obama should not take action. now he says he was weak for doing so.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ons/100038920/

At the time, however, Trump opposed the notion of bombing Syria in response to the use of chemical weapons. In a tweet on Aug. 29, 2013, the then-New York businessman tweeted: "What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval."

"Trump explicitly begged Obama to back down on the red line in 2013, said Daniel Drezner, professor of international politics at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, and "it seems that we'd be in the same situation if he had been president back then as well."

In 2013, Obama wanted to bomb Syria after a chemical gas attack. Then he called for congressional approval, which was not forthcoming.

can't have it both ways.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:21 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
So, if those 58 people died from bombs, that is more acceptable?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I have yet to hear a plan from the Trumpies as to how he is going to handle Syria - and blaming BO is not a plan.

So far all I see is his lips being firmly affixed to Putin's butt and no courage to call out Assad for gassing his people.

Not a Trumpie, but here is a great plan; stay the hell out of Syria.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I have zero interest in sending our troops into Syria or anywhere else in the Middle East for that matter. That whole region is a S---hole which is why BO was trying to get us out so stop misrepresenting my post. BTW I posted about Syria just last week but I guess your little search missed that.

The difference between Donny and BO is that again BO made it clear that Assad had to go and Trump has waffled on that bigly. That's the difference in the two positions.

I am now curious to see what Donny does going forward and he may very well commit troops, which I would not support. However, other than blaming BO I don't think he has a clue, which is not what he suggested when he was running his fraudulent campaign. Remember safe zones and knowing more than the general's?

Appreciate your reading all my post's though and hope you are learning something!
LOL....BO says " you have to go" does nothing.
Trump, barely into office, does nothing.

Clearly Trumps approach is horrible lmao.

Whooooo boy have you sure staked out their bigly different positions on the topic.

Lastly, do you not know how a search function works?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:

US kills hundreds in an ooopsie....not too shocked that the *possible* use of chemical weapons has shoved that one off the news.

I bet they used yellow cake on them too from their mobile labs.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:29 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,887 times
Quote:
There are concrete reports of the Syrian government gassing and killing at least 58 people, including children, in Northern Syria. Despite these types of heinous acts and the killing of over 320,000 people since 2013 Tillerson and Haley are advocating for Assad staying in power and essentially thumbing their noses at the UN and the rest of the civilized world.

Clearly, this has Donny's stamp of approval and just another example of this administration's all talk and no action policy and letting a murdering butcher stay in power. Guess he doesn't want to make Putin mad.

Making Dictators Great Again!
Well, we'll just get O'Bunghole to draw a red line in the sand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies