Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 07:38 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd be happy with a rational explanation of what makes this horrible mess our mess?

Why aren't the countries of the region stepping up? Saudi Arabia has lots of $$$ as well as lots of arms as the MIC's biggest foreign customer. Why don't they take a larger role in stabilizing the ME? At least larger than America's?
Trump is being setup here. Reminds me of Somalia where CNN footage dragged us into that civil war and we all know what happened next. If he goes int Syria and it is over for him. The so-called rebels, i.e. Islamists, are fully capable of gassing their own people. Assad is winning the war. He did not need this. Why wasn't Aleppo gased in one year of air raids?

Old 04-06-2017, 07:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
At this point, Trump and Hayley have made the USA have no choice but to go fight in Syria or bomb or whatever.....their words were some of them fighting words we talk about.

So let's wait and see -- because Trump won't tell us what he is doing ....but let's wait and see.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:45 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Trump is being setup here. Reminds me of Somalia where CNN footage dragged us into that civil war and we all know what happened next. If he goes int Syria and it is over for him. The so-called rebels, i.e. Islamists, are fully capable of gassing their own people. Assad is winning the war. He did not need this. Why wasn't Aleppo gased in one year of air raids?
We really didn't get involved in Somalia to any degree but we are sure involved in the ME. Assad isn't winning anything, Syria will be a divided country when the smoke clears. He doesn't have the military to cover the territory, Turkey and Iran will be glad to jump in the vacuum. They didn't need gas prior to this because they had plenty of ordinance.

What happened to the cease fire Russia, Syria, Iran and Turkey promised.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:49 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I just don't understand Trumps infatuation with people like Assad, Putin and Duterte.
Because they're autocrats, which is precisely what Trump aspires to be.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:50 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
At this point, Trump and Hayley have made the USA have no choice but to go fight in Syria or bomb or whatever.....their words were some of them fighting words we talk about.

So let's wait and see -- because Trump won't tell us what he is doing ....but let's wait and see.
Haley was very adamant about taking actions and she accused Russia. Tillerson left everything up to the Syrian people to decide, that statement is laughable.

Trump on the other hand has been all over the place, back and forth. His decision is the only one that matters but who knows what he is thinking and what his foreign policy is regarding Syria, his comments lacked any criticism of Russia, shocking.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:52 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Eyewitnesses reported seeing bombs dropped from military planes flying overhead, and then seeing clouds of colored gasses coming from the bombs when they fell to earth. Given that ISIL only has at most 3 functional planes, the theory that it was ISIL was behind this is unlikely.
You pay me enough money, I can be an eye witness that saw whatever you wanted me to see, too. Sarin is colorless and odorless. What colored gasses were they supposedly seeing? Also, it's a nerve agent. Having taken a few courses on NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical weapons) when I was in the military, I know that you don't go touching people with your bare hands who have allegedly been showered in sarin. Yet, the photos reveal people doing just that...so those were either staged, or it wasn't sarin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Yes, Trump is being set up here. This whole "Assad did it" is bs. Some of the more deranged on the left are actually salivating, trying to push him into doing something. It's clear that some on the left have no problems using innocent people as collateral to get their way. The left is mentally ill and sick.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:54 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Yes, Trump is being set up here. This whole "Assad did it" is bs. Some of the more deranged on the left are actually salivating, trying to push him into doing something. It's clear that some on the left have no problems using innocent people as collateral to get their way. The left is mentally ill and sick.
Bush did the same thing with Iraq and both sides ate it up.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:41 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
Ron Paul says there is "zero chance" that Assad used chemical weapons. CIA false flag ?

Old 04-06-2017, 09:05 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You pay me enough money, I can be an eye witness that saw whatever you wanted me to see, too. Sarin is colorless and odorless. What colored gasses were they supposedly seeing? Also, it's a nerve agent. Having taken a few courses on NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical weapons) when I was in the military, I know that you don't go touching people with your bare hands who have allegedly been showered in sarin. Yet, the photos reveal people doing just that...so those were either staged, or it wasn't sarin.
The chemical attack has been reported by Human Rights Watch, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Doctors Without Borders, and the Israeli Defense Forces...

Old 04-06-2017, 09:07 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Ron Paul says there is "zero chance" that Assad used chemical weapons. CIA false flag ?
This is very tough one. There was a advantage to existing Syrian regime until this incident. It wiped away all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies