Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:07 PM

1,400 posts, read 862,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why do Trumpers continue to ignore serious nature of investigations?
For the same reason we ignored the polls, it's left wing propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 02:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How have Democrats ever threatened my life in the 30 years I've been on this planet?
By engaging in politics that promotes culture that incubates higher crime, that protects crime prone groups, and that prevents adequate policing to prevent higher than average murders within those groups.

Anyone who has been a homicide or other violent crime victim, in areas that have above average crime (which are almost always democrat controlled areas), have had their lives threatened or taken because of democrat-liberal policies and culture.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's endless display of delusion and cognitive dissonance.

They were screaming to lock Hillary up even after being cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI.

Yet despite the seemingly never-ending Trump connections with Russia, they still adamantly claim it's all false and doesn't even need to be investigated.

We just found out yesterday Carter Page was recruited as a Russian spy. And Betsy DeVos' brother set up a secret meeting in the Seychelles Islands with Russian spies to try and set up a back channel for Trump and Putin.

That's just adding on to Manafort, Flynn, Kushner, Stone, Sessions, Tillerson, Trump money laundering, secret meetings that no one would disclose, etc. These are not mere coincidences. ANYONE with a functioning brain can see these are connected and part of an elaborate scheme involving Russia meddling in our democracy. Yet Trump cultists continue to defend him and ignore everything that comes out. They are actually proud of Russia undermining our country and are even defending Russia.

What is wrong with these people? When did right-wing conservatives put Russian interests as more important the US interests and support a foreign puppet in our government?
How, exactly, did Russia meddle in our democracy?

Old 04-04-2017, 02:19 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
It's endless display of delusion and cognitive dissonance.
Where's the Proof?

Oh yeah, I thought so.

fail

/thread

Old 04-04-2017, 02:35 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
They were screaming to lock Hillary up even after being cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI.
I agree with you here. Very few people honestly believed that there was grounds for throwing Hillary Clinton in prison. Which is why the issue was dropped as soon as Trump won the election.

Quote:
Yet despite the seemingly never-ending Trump connections with Russia, they still adamantly claim it's all false and doesn't even need to be investigated.
This kind of behavior isn't limited only to Republicans. There is cognitive-dissonance on all sides. That is how politics works. And what choice do they have?

The Democrats aren't interested in investigating the leaks, and the Republicans aren't interested in investigating Russia. Why would you expect anything else?

Politics is, "The end justifies the means". And there is a reason every politician is a liar. Because it works.

Quote:
That's just adding on to Manafort, Flynn, Kushner, Stone, Sessions, Tillerson, Trump money laundering, secret meetings that no one would disclose, etc. These are not mere coincidences.
Well, they actually are coincidences.

Manafort was part of a public-relations firm with many international clients, one of which was the ex-Ukrainian president. Flynn was a national-security expert with international clients. Stone has no actual connections with Russia, but basically congratulated Guccifer 2.0 on twitter, after Podesta's emails went public. Sessions was a member of the Armed Services committee, and met the Russian ambassador alongside other high-ranking members of the US Armed Forces. And Tillerson is the ex-CEO of Exxon, and Exxon does business with Russia(Russia has oil, just like many other countries, where they also do business), and was hurt by US sanctions.

Jeff Sessions is not a Russian spy. Rex Tillerson is not a Russian spy. Roger Stone is not a Russian spy. General Flynn is not a Russian spy. The only person who is remotely suspicious, is Paul Manafort. But what exactly did he supposedly do? And he wasn't on Trump's staff long, and was gone long before the Russian hacking scandal.

As for Betsy Devos' brother. He was a founder of the mercenary firm, Blackwater, and lives in Abu Dhabi. He is actually on the payroll of the United Arab Emirates, who has paid his firm half a billion dollars to build their Army.

https://www.rt.com/usa/blackwater-uae-private-army/

Why Would a Trump Megadonor Go to Seychelles to Allegedly Facilitate Covert Talks Between the White House and Russia? | GQ

As many have shown, if you play the game the other way, you'll see that top Democratic politicians and associates also have a variety of international ties, including in Russia. I mean, I would bet Bill Gates and Warren Buffett have associates and meetings with Russians, does that make them Russian spies? Podesta also has ties to Russia, is he a Russian spy?

Trump tries to drag Clinton into a Russia scandal | Daily Mail Online

I'm fine with them doing an investigation, and they are doing an investigation. The FBI has been investigating Donald Trump, and his campaign, since at least last July. Adam Schiff is also doing an investigation.

But as it stands, there is no evidence of any actual Trump-Russian connection.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:41 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I agree with you here. Very few people honestly believed that there was grounds for throwing Hillary Clinton in prison. Which is why the issue was dropped as soon as Trump won the election.

Let me remind you, this kind of behavior isn't limited only to Republicans. There is cognitive-dissonance on all sides. That is how politics works. And what choice do they have?

The Democrats aren't interested in investigating the leaks, and the Republicans aren't interested in investigating Russia. Why would you expect anything else?

Politics is, "The end justifies the means". And there is a reason every politician is a liar. Because it works.

Well, they actually are coincidences.

Manafort was part of a public-relations firm with many international clients, one of which was the ex-Ukrainian president. Flynn was a national-security expert with international clients. Stone has no actual connections with Russia, but basically congratulated Guccifer 2.0 on twitter, after Podesta's emails went public. Sessions was a member of the Armed Services committee, and met the Russian ambassador alongside other high-ranking members of the US Armed Forces. And Tillerson is the ex-CEO of Exxon, and Exxon does business with Russia(Russia has oil, just like many other countries, where they also do business), and was hurt by US sanctions.

Jeff Sessions is not a Russian spy. Rex Tillerson is not a Russian spy. Roger Stone is not a Russian spy. General Flynn is not a Russian spy. The only person who is remotely suspicious, is Paul Manafort. But what exactly did he supposedly do? And he wasn't on Trump's staff long, and was gone long before the Russian hacking scandal.

As for Betsy Devos' brother. He was a founder of the mercenary firm, Blackwater, and lives in Abu Dhabi. He is actually on the payroll of the United Arab Emirates, who has paid his firm half a billion dollars to build their Army.

https://www.rt.com/usa/blackwater-uae-private-army/

Why Would a Trump Megadonor Go to Seychelles to Allegedly Facilitate Covert Talks Between the White House and Russia? | GQ

As many have shown, if you play the game the other way, you'll see that top Democratic politicians and associates also have a variety of international ties, including in Russia. I mean, I would bet Bill Gates and Warren Buffett have associates and meetings with Russians, does that make them Russian spies? Podesta also has ties to Russia, is he a Russian spy?

Trump tries to drag Clinton into a Russia scandal | Daily Mail Online

I'm fine with them doing an investigation, and they are doing an investigation. The FBI has been investigating Donald Trump, and his campaign, since at least last July. Adam Schiff is also doing an investigation.

But as it stands, there is no evidence of any actual Trump-Russian connection.
Very nice, objective synopsis of both sides.

To your bolded point, what I would like to find out through these "investigations" is if any one political team encouraged the Russians to intrude upon other Americans' emails, encourage them to leak info, and incite them to do more "dirty" work in one direction. That would be what I would call playing foul and dirty and no political team should be colluding with what they call a state actor during the election process.

Why anyone would think that is okay, is beyond me. And if the investigations don't show that, fine. If they do...I'm not sure what to think of the "Americans" who would have participated in that.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:50 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Let's be honest here. The Democrats are a much greater threat to America than the Russians.
Lets be honest its this attitude thats destroying the moral fabric of your country.There will be no return to making America great again (whatever that means) when the right views 100million of its fellow Americans as the enemy.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:53 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Lets be honest its this attitude thats destroying the moral fabric of your country.There will be no return to making America great again (whatever that means) when the right views 100million of its fellow Americans as the enemy.
You're not kidding. I never thought I'd see that day that people would become so tied to their "winner" that they would root defend Russia and those that are in cahoots with them against their own people.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
To your bolded point, what I would like to find out through these "investigations" is if any one political team encouraged the Russians to intrude upon other Americans' emails, encourage them to leak info, and incite them to do more "dirty" work in one direction. That would be what I would call playing foul and dirty and no political team should be colluding with what they call a state actor during the election process.
Well, Donald Trump famously asked Putin to find Hillary's lost emails. Does that qualify as collusion? Does that qualify as treason?

Does that disqualify Trump to be president? Does that nullify the election? What exactly do you think is going to happen?

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email - POLITICO

Old 04-04-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You're not kidding. I never thought I'd see that day that people would become so tied to their "winner" that they would root defend Russia and those that are in cahoots with them against their own people.
When people enter the voting booth, they aren't voting for the "good of society", they are voting for the good of themselves. And everyone knows it.

In fact, people are told who they should vote for, based on their ethnicity, religion, and their socio-economic status.

People want what they want. They don't really care how they get it.

Grow up people. Americans don't actually like each other. This isn't a marriage of love, this is a marriage of convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies