Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 07:30 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Ummmm...... you do realize that building a wall does not mean that anything on the other side of it automatically becomes Mexico, right?

Refer to above, and add, that a wall isn't necessary on every single inch of the border, a prime example being the Rio Grande. Building a wall in certain areas means that resources can be better focused on the areas where there is no wall.

You also realize that building a wall does not mean that legal border crossings will cease, correct?

Calm down, take a deep breath.
All excellent points of which the liberals and ethnocentrics will still refuse to get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 07:31 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
All excellent points of which the liberals and ethnocentrics will still refuse to get.
So I guess you'd be okay if the wall is actually built and your house was on the Mexico side?! LMAO!!!

Old 04-11-2017, 07:51 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So I guess you'd be okay if the wall is actually built and your house was on the Mexico side?! LMAO!!!
If your ok or not isnt the issue. If you build on or that close to a right of way you need to accept that something like this could happen.
In my town years ago they took up the railroad tracks. A few years ago they put them back and started the trains running thru again. During these years some people living near the railroad easement built structures on or very close to that property then they were PO'ed when the trains were going thru "their yard".

Its not like these people don't have access to their house. They have a free privacy/security fence.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Trump voter upset the border wall will put her house on Mexico side

Karma can indeed be such a *****.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:47 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

That's not going to happen to anyone so LMAO all you want. Why didn't you address the other points that the poster made that I agreed with?

Old 04-12-2017, 01:16 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Sure, I'd be fine with it. Why wouldn't I? And if I wasn't, and I hated it that much, I'd move.

Life is full of disapointment. Life goes on.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:25 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
‘If I have to get a lawyer, I will’: Trump voter upset the border wall will put her house on Mexico side

Hilarious.

These people give no second thought of hurting others are somehow oblivious to the fact that the sword they use could be a double edged one. Tt makes me happy to see trump voters having it blow up in their face.
I see a BIG distortion in your attempt to go after Trump.

"Trump voter upset the border wall will put her house on Mexico side"

Her house is ALREADY "on the Mexico side."

Old 04-12-2017, 06:26 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
‘If I have to get a lawyer, I will’: Trump voter upset the border wall will put her house on Mexico side

Hilarious.

These people give no second thought of hurting others are somehow oblivious to the fact that the sword they use could be a double edged one. Tt makes me happy to see trump voters having it blow up in their face.
I see a BIG distortion in your attempt to go after Trump.

"Trump voter upset the border wall will put her house on Mexico side"

Her house is ALREADY "on the Mexico side."

"
According to one family who had their farm cut in half — part of it in the U.S., part of it in Mexico —"

Old 04-12-2017, 06:39 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I lived 8 miles from the AZ-Mexico border for 10 years and met a lot of ranchers. They are the landed gentry of AZ politics. Many do not like the border wall idea AT ALL. They are not going to take a check from the Feds and cede their lands without a fight.

This is just one more reason this wall is a monumentally bad idea. It's never gonna happen.
Probably already commented on, but this is a Rio Grande issue. How long is AZ's border on the RG? 0 miles.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:42 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
funny, her yard will likely end up being a home for thousands of illegals milling about
She could always open a Home Depot on her land. Oh wait! They don't spend money, they are there to make money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies