Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's OK. Obama is resting on an island in the South Pacific. Plenty of time for him to get healthy now. Maybe Mooch can even get him to drop the cigs.

Meanwhile the Russian story that his Administration helped create and support, is one big lie. It was based on false accusation from a "security" firm hired by the now disgraced Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Do you know if the place Obama is "vacationing" has an extradition treaty with the U.S.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 06:56 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,432,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
The FBI said all of our elections for decades have seen foreign countries influencing the elections. Why didn't you want an investigation when Obama won? You think Russia wanted Hillary's pal John McCain in 2000?

Why aren't you concerned about state sponsored propaganda from the BBC, CBC, the Vatican or any number of subversive foreign attempts to influence the elections? George Soros & media matters? He controls the media who tells you what to think. He spent countless billions to influence the election ion favor of the corporations...I mean Hillary. He's also spent, millions to pay protesters to undermine the POTUS since the inauguration & undermine our democracy. Why no concern there? What about Carlos Slim, the richest man on the planet buying the NYT & using it as a vehicle to smear Trump during our election? With Slim being the single largest donor to the Clinton Foundations, there's an obvious conflict of interests & we know there was direct collusion between the DNC & NYT thanks to Wikileaks. I'm shocked that a hard core patriot like yourself can look the other way on all these counts and just focus on Trump.

Why just Russia? The FBI also said that in addition to Russia, that Germany, South Korea, China & Israel (at least, they said there could be more) also hacked the D's. Why are you only focusing on Russia and/or Trump? Why aren't you demanding an investigation into Hillary & her connections to China, who hacked the D's?

Why just Trump? The FBI said Russia was hacking at least six months prior to Trump ever joining the race, so they must have been in collusion with Bernie Sanders, who has numerous ties to Russia, was never damaged by wikileaks & refused to release his financials, right? What about Jill Stein? We know she's a big fan of Putin's too. We have pics of her dining with Putin in Moscow. How do we know she didn't run at their behest just to siphon votes away from Hillary? If you gave Hillary, Stein's votes, she would have won. How do we know Stein's ridiculous recount effort wasn't funded by her Russian pals in order to undermine Trump & our democracy?

You see how this goes? When you choose to chase this Russian business, you open yourself to questions about your integrity for not caring about all the other things that go on as a usual course of events. Since you don't care about all these other things, it's obvious your gung-ho patriotism & deep concern for democracy, are actually just a thinly veiled partisan attempt to undermine the POTUS.
For me..this is not really about Trump..I don't think Russia gave a darn who won..as long as they could sow hate and discontent--they have succeeded far beyond their wildest dreams.
Trump's a perfect foil for their purposes..and yes, the Democrats are falling right into line as well.
But Trump is such an easy target..that I don't know if the public can lay off now...while Russia, China and all our enemies caper with glee at our misfortunes.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The way some of the forum users automatically react by jumping to the defense of Vlad and Russia, it is difficult to believe there aren't a few of those trolls hanging around the forum. We really have no way to know do we?

I would think Americans would want the truth, but some appear to truly prefer lies, the way some prefer to live in denial or bury their heads in the sand. Why is getting to the truth so threatening? I'm betting the same people who were happy to have 20 investigations of Benghazi are the ones protesting one investigation of Russian interference with the elections.
I don't see anyone protesting the investigations, why would they as the only thing to come out so far is that there is no evidence.
While I can't speak for others, what is tiresome is those on here who keep putting up post after post insinuating as well as flat out claiming that Trump or his team did in FACT collude with Russians. Name calling,insults and innuendo are not PROOF and there is no such proof as of yet.

It baffles me as to how the threads on this subject get so long and how so much can be said about almost NOTHING factual.

Here's how it should go given the information we now know as fact.
Trump and Co. is under investigation for Russian ties/collusion. General Flynn (maybe) did something.

Evidence:............NONE AS OF YET.

End of conversation.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:59 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,355,901 times
Desperation takes fools on a dangerous path.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,191,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't see anyone protesting the investigations, why would they as the only thing to come out so far is that there is no evidence.
While I can't speak for others, what is tiresome is those on here who keep putting up post after post insinuating as well as flat out claiming that Trump or his team did in FACT collude with Russians. Name calling,insults and innuendo are not PROOF and there is no such proof as of yet.

It baffles me as to how the threads on this subject get so long and how so much can be said about almost NOTHING factual.

Here's how it should go given the information we now know as fact.
Trump and Co. is under investigation for Russian ties/collusion. General Flynn (maybe) did something.

Evidence:............NONE AS OF YET.

End of conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Do you know if the place Obama is "vacationing" has an extradition treaty with the U.S.?
Factual? Like Obama currently vacationing in a foreign country? That is not a fact. It is fake news. And, frankly, Trump is the only one calling people names and coming up with fake accusations with no proof whatsoever.

Washington, DC is not a foreign country.

That is where Obama has been. Out and about--he's very popular.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.e013dd86c62a

Old 04-06-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Factual? Like Obama currently vacationing in a foreign country? That is not a fact. It is fake news. And, frankly, Trump is the only one calling people names and coming up with fake accusations with no proof whatsoever.

Washington, DC is not a foreign country.

That is where Obama has been. Out and about--he's very popular.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.e013dd86c62a
Did you miss the as in A JOKE? Do we now have to <this is a joke, not serious, in jest, humor alert>?
Geeze louise, lighten up...

Old 04-06-2017, 09:55 PM

30,011 posts, read 18,849,267 times
Everyone has known this Russian story was fabricated to try to help the Dems...just another big fat Dem lie made up for political purposes. This was also possibly ginned up to try to cover up the actual seditious activities of Obama in using our intelligence services to try to destroy Republicans which has continued since they used the IRS to target conservatives to unlawfully obtain more power. Of course the media has deliberately missed the real story and focused on made up Fake News lies fed to them by their Dem team members.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:29 AM

18,754 posts, read 11,742,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
For me..this is not really about Trump..I don't think Russia gave a darn who won..as long as they could sow hate and discontent--they have succeeded far beyond their wildest dreams.
Trump's a perfect foil for their purposes..and yes, the Democrats are falling right into line as well.
But Trump is such an easy target..that I don't know if the public can lay off now...while Russia, China and all our enemies caper with glee at our misfortunes.

Two thumbs up for you and your logical, thoughtful view point. It is indeed unfortunate that trolls are parroting Russian bot rhetoric. It mystifies me that people focus on myopic trash instead of the reality of what's really going on. Maybe they're just like my 80 year old friend that voted for Trump but hasn't a clue about what's really going on in the world. Maybe they just watch Fox news and nothing else? (Yes I watch it as well and all the other news sources.) I prefer to base my opinions on a balance from both sides. How is it that some of us can recognize fake news and propaganda and others lap it up like kittens in front of a milk bowl? Look at that nut job that showed up at a pizza parlor with a gun ready to rescue those children that Hillary held captive for her sex ring.

Frustrating isn't it? To heck with it. I'm going roller skating. My skating boyfriend is in his 80's and a Trump supporter. We have intelligent discussions about climate change and his support for Trump. There's mutual respect and no name calling. That's the way it should be.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:48 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,270,539 times
Now that the "Russian hack" story was proven to be a lie... It will never be mentioned and brought up again because there is nothing there and it's a waste of time.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:02 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,131,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Now that the "Russian hack" story was proven to be a lie...
Link?

The fake news is deep on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies