Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 07:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

I don't put much stock in the website that is linked in the OP but I will say it seems awfully strange that Assad would use chemical weapons on the very same day that the Trump administration began to indicate that it would be OK with him remaining in power. It makes no sense really. This was Assad's opening and he immediately slams it shut if he uses chemical weapons.

Of course the establishment wings of both parties are immediately falling in line with the narrative that Assad is responsible for the attack, but they both share the same foreign policy goal in regards to Syria and the pipelines that competing powers want to run through it.

Then the whole shakeup with Bannon happens...it makes you wonder if people behind the scenes have issued threats to Trump that have forced him to demote Bannon and take an immediate establishment view regarding this chemical attack, and it makes you wonder how the whole Russian election interference story fits in with it.

Remember, Trump beat the establishment behind both parties in his path to the presidency, and there are some very big agendas with very big potential consequences to very big donors and puppet masters involved here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 07:19 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
I think the people who believe this kinda stuff are a part of the "Derp State".

Old 04-06-2017, 07:55 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't put much stock in the website that is linked in the OP but I will say it seems awfully strange that Assad would use chemical weapons on the very same day that the Trump administration began to indicate that it would be OK with him remaining in power. It makes no sense really. This was Assad's opening and he immediately slams it shut if he uses chemical weapons.

Of course the establishment wings of both parties are immediately falling in line with the narrative that Assad is responsible for the attack, but they both share the same foreign policy goal in regards to Syria and the pipelines that competing powers want to run through it.

Then the whole shakeup with Bannon happens...it makes you wonder if people behind the scenes have issued threats to Trump that have forced him to demote Bannon and take an immediate establishment view regarding this chemical attack, and it makes you wonder how the whole Russian election interference story fits in with it.

Remember, Trump beat the establishment behind both parties in his path to the presidency, and there are some very big agendas with very big potential consequences to very big donors and puppet masters involved here.
Donning my tinfoil... it makes me wonder if, now that Trump has seen the inner-workings, he realizes the economy is in deeper shyte than he knew, and that war is one of the few things that will kick the financial disaster can down the road a little further.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:02 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Donning my tinfoil... it makes me wonder if, now that Trump has seen the inner-workings, he realizes the economy is in deeper shyte than he knew, and that war is one of the few things that will kick the financial disaster can down the road a little further.
Or maybe Trump is trying to distract from Russiagate. His crazy tweets aren't distracting like they used to. Maybe he's looking to create a bigger news story that will be the top headline.

Isn't it odd that he's talking about war with both North Korea and Syria? Seems he's looking to make this the top news story so people are distracted from other news stories that he's trying to bury. He always does that and usually crazy tweets does it for him. But the crazy tweets aren't working like before so maybe now 'war threats' are his alternative to crazy tweets in order to make it the top news story.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:19 AM

5,068 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Or maybe Trump is trying to distract from Russiagate. His crazy tweets aren't distracting like they used to. Maybe he's looking to create a bigger news story that will be the top headline.

Isn't it odd that he's talking about war with both North Korea and Syria? Seems he's looking to make this the top news story so people are distracted from other news stories that he's trying to bury. He always does that and usually crazy tweets does it for him. But the crazy tweets aren't working like before so maybe now 'war threats' are his alternative to crazy tweets in order to make it the top news story.
No, lol. Russia has pretty much fizzled for most people by now. Even my liberal former neighbor in NYC has given up on that. Now he's just watching to see how it all ends.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:49 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

Quote:
There is ZERO motive for President Bashir Assad to weaponize chemical weapons against his people. Assad’s forces are winning the war, Syria is more stable now than ever in the past six years, Assad has nothing to fear from a Trump administration, and using chemical weapons just doesn’t serve his interests.
Yeah, I don't understand the motive either. And this purported explanation of the "grim logic" from the NYT is far from convincing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/w...tack.html?_r=0

They claim that Assad did it just to instill fear and show that the West is powerless to stop him. But of course he must have known that Western powers could easily change course and decide to attack him, just as they did Gaddafi and others. Why would he have risked that?

Old 04-06-2017, 08:54 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Well trump struck. I guess in your view he did not stay strong.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:59 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the motive either. And this purported explanation of the "grim logic" from the NYT is far from convincing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/w...tack.html?_r=0

They claim that Assad did it just to instill fear and show that the West is powerless to stop him. But of course he must have known that Western powers could easily change course and decide to attack him, just as they did Gaddafi and others. Why would he have risked that?
Some people are just crazy. Why would North Korea continue launching their stupid missiles when they know everyone hates them, and they can live a peaceful existence if they just chill out? It defies logic... some people are just entitled and think they can get away with anything.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:01 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Man, you guys sure love those loony conspiracy sites....
It's the exact opposite of that. It is one of the most meticulous and reliable news gathering sites on the web.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Ding ding ding.

Remember those "children" he is all upset about? He's been refusing them entry. SPECIFICALLY them. Now suddenly he cares? Bull.

He is literally firing missiles at a empty airfield to distract us. The Russians were warned about it, and im sure they warned the Syrians as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies