Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 11:09 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,394,169 times

Advertisements

Jail Donald Trump‏
@DTrumpExposed
Food for Thought: If Hillary was President & ordered the Syria strikes how many who are praising Trump now, would have been condemning it?

Angela‏ @crosswordpuzzlr 4h4 hours ago
Replying to @DTrumpExposed
If Hilary had done this, they wouldn't be using the runway the next day.

https://twitter.com/DTrumpExposed/st...45966924222464
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 12 days ago)

34,441 posts, read 16,536,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No it doesn't if Donny didn't have a plan beyond lobbing missiles (which he didn't) then he should have done nothing at all. Just makes him look weak to now standby by and do nothing when non chemical attacks continue to kill innocent Syrians.

Also if he is so concerned about Syrians then why institute a ban preventing their refugees(innocent women and children) from entering our country?

Can't have it both way Trumpies!
Quote:
Yes I am but the hypocrite in chief wants to keep innocent Syrian women and children out to appeal to his knuckledragger base. He would rather do symbolical bombing to make himself feel better.
Even "innocent women and children" cannot really integrate into our society. I just finished reading two books by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Infidel and Nomad. She is an expat from Somalia. She writes in Nomad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
My older cousin used to take me to "fighting practice" after school when I was about five or six. I was encouraged to pick a fight with a classmate, who was encouraged to pick a fight with me…. Then, surrounded by cheering older relatives, we went at each other. We kicked, scratched, bit one another, wrestled until we were covered in bruises, our little dresses tom, our knees scraped from all the falling. You were defeated if you gave up first or if you cried or ran away.
A child of Western origin would, needless to say, be at a severe disadvantage in dealing with another child having this dubious "training."

Old 04-08-2017, 11:14 PM

31,844 posts, read 14,820,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
America needs to end its "invade the world, invite the world" policy. Trump needs to stand by his promises to do that.
But he didn't do that did he. So who is he actually listening to. Who is the one really running our country.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:10 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,713,622 times
Just the way the game is played.....

Old 04-09-2017, 02:23 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,506,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The POTUS is alive and functioning 24/7. The Senate is not. The President must be allowed to take military actions The Constitution wouldn't have given the POTUS that job unless the framers intended for actions of this type to proceed.
Constitution clearly calls for congressional approval before President launches into war.

"Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the power to declare war. The President, meanwhile, derives the power to direct the military after a Congressional declaration of war..."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/war_powers

As Commander in Chief he can respond to an attack. Hence the nuclear football that accompanies him.

However, we were not attacked.

There simply is no Constitutional justification for Trump launching an attack on Syria.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:57 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,192,680 times
Quote:
BO never engaged in regime change in Syria because he saw the folly of getting into another middle east quagmire and so he stepped back even after his chemical red line. It was the smart thing to do then and smart thing to do now.

However Trump is not smart so who knows how this turns out.
You're joking, right? Barack Hussein Obama created the current quagmire. He drew a redline and didn't have the balls to defend it. They stepped over it, and what did Obama do? He gave a speech, and shamed them.

Oh, and let's not forget ...those chemical weapons that were just recently used, Rice, Obama, and Kerry all said they were gone.

Go Trump!

Old 04-09-2017, 06:20 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,831,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Constitution clearly calls for congressional approval before President launches into war.

"Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the U.S. Constitution grants Congress the power to declare war. The President, meanwhile, derives the power to direct the military after a Congressional declaration of war..."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/war_powers

As Commander in Chief he can respond to an attack. Hence the nuclear football that accompanies him.

However, we were not attacked.

There simply is no Constitutional justification for Trump launching an attack on Syria.
LOL! The constitution was blown up years ago. Remember the "living, breathing document" crap?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:22 AM

51,584 posts, read 25,506,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
LOL! The constitution was blown up years ago. Remember the "living, breathing document" crap?
Get a grip.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:28 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,160,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I do not believe at all that Russia shot any down, they would have been bragging about it.
Yes, I agree. This assumption (about S-300) does not hold water.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:29 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,460,365 times
Haha Sentiment was "gas attack! He isn't doing anything! Boohoo!"
Then "he lobs missiles and the cost of all of those missiles = and it didn't accomplish anything"

Wrong.
Coincidence he has the president of China present when the tomahawks started flying?

It accomplished more than what meets the eye.
1. Soviet air defense systems didn't strike any tomahawks down. We just learned their ineffectiveness.
Same air defense protects China and North Korea.
2. Gains praise by those on the fence and by those who see this as a difference between drawing a red line and bombing a line in the sand.
3. Syrian people giving praise to Trumps actions.
4. Doesn't really hurt Assad who's been supported by Russia and whos military has been kicking ISIS behind.
5. Puts the whole Trump is Putin's Puppet theory to rest.
6. Sends a message to China's president pertaining to saber rattlers like that fat dumpling in North Korea.
7. But he left the runways in tact and didn't destroy the gas cache!

Let me explain that last one.
1. Would you want to blow up a containment of chemical weapons that are lethal with no regards to the civilians in the area? I wouldn't. Thats WW2 tactics. Wind carries the chemicals and annihilates a population heads would explode.
2. Why leave the runways in tact? Hmm. Why did we leave runways in tact on Japanese strongholds during the pacific campaign in WW2? Eliminates the need to deploy troops and engineers to go in IF tensions were to rise and we were to go to war tomorrow. Send spec ops and marines in to secure the area and land the C130s full of troops, tanks, and equipment.
3. Are you that naive to believe the air defense systems were shut off just because we gave Russia a 1 hour heads up to get their troops out of the AO? Pfft...

Agreed it was a false flag. And Trump fell for it. But he gained more for acting than giving some pre-rehearsed speech condemning the gas attacks. Why would Assad gas his own people? He's been kicking ISIS azz...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies