Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2017, 11:58 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,399,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
In this case, his hand is forced with Assad actions. It could be false flag. But not acting is not a option. Think about reaction from some senators. They might even talk about impeachment with all those investigations around his neck. We hear about vulnerability to Russian black mailing. But Trump is kinda in Senate/house hands. Now lot of this changed to his side. Hopefully it is just a one operation to take out air base.
Why
the hell
not?

Not our country. Not our citizens. Not our problem. Why should we get involved just because one group of ME Muslims are killing another group of ME Muslims? They have been doing so for 1400 years, we're not going to change anything...expect perhaps sacrifice more American lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 12:03 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,912,900 times
I agree that the US does itself no good interfering in the Middle East's wars. We need to bring our military home and turn our attention toward solving the problems of our own country. This was a foundation if not THE foundation of Trump's presidential campaign. He lied to the American people. I don't care for the smell of this. I hope to god it's not the smell wafting back from yet more one war American soldiers find themselves fighting in the Middle East.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:03 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,465,943 times
Initial reports indicate Syrian airbase 'almost completely destroyed' after US strike | Fox News

This man has many good points here.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:09 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,019,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Why
the hell
not?

Not our country. Not our citizens. Not our problem. Why should we get involved just because one group of ME Muslims are killing another group of ME Muslims? They have been doing so for 1400 years, we're not going to change anything...expect perhaps sacrifice more American lives.
Not for this reason. I am pointing out his issues with investigations and keep some senators happy.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:18 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,932,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Hours before airstrikes, Hillary Clinton called for bombing of Syrian airfields | Fox News

Well Hillary and Trump agreed on this. What will the left think now? HMMMMM
Trump is establishment. Supports whatever crappy legislation the GOP gives him whether its a disastrous health care bill or selling your internet history to the highest bidder without you knowing it. He's also a war hawk establishment puppet. He's basically doing everything he campaigned against. Anti-rural America with his health care bill, anti-99% with his internet spying bill, pro-war establishment.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:30 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,745,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Trump is playing into leftist's hands. Take out the Assad government and create a power vacuum for ISIS and other Islamic extremists, while creating more terrorists. Exactly as Obama did in Yemen and Obama and Bush did in Iraq.
He's getting support from Rubio, Graham, Ryan, and McCain, so no it's not just lefties. But apparently ISIS is already moving in to take that area after the bombing, so Trump is just helping ISIS.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:35 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,688,117 times
The whole "chemical attack" issue looked fishy. Assad had retaken about the 70% of land ISIS once ruled in Syria, he defeated terrorists in Aleppo and now what good was he going to obtain from gassing a rebel stronghold? This smells rotten.

Assad should be left on his own when it comes to dealing with the Islamic scumbags.

Assad's regime was the most "liberal" and secular state amidst the fundamentalist countries in the Middle East. A girlfriend of mine studied there for 6 months in 2007, she has fond memories from that time, it was a modern country where yihadists had no chance to spread their twisted vision of Islam. Hell, even Assad is not a Muslim according to Islamic scholars. The Christian population in Syria overwhelmingly supports the Regime, which provided freedom of speech and religion for all Syrian citzens

Such a shame.

Last edited by Hasdrubal; 04-07-2017 at 12:45 AM..

Old 04-07-2017, 12:35 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,881,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villages Guy View Post
This is the first thing he had done that I agree with. I like the quick, unannounced strike.
I don't know how I feel, which is why I haven't posted anything positive or negative about the air strike. I hate what I saw in that video, but when did Assad directly threaten the United States? Of course I feel sick that so many people have suffered, but there are civil wars all over the globe. Should we be engaging in preemptive attacks on countries that haven't directly threatened us?

Also, this isn't the first time children have been victims of chemical warfare in Syria. We've been watching this horror for years. Why now?

Old 04-07-2017, 12:42 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,075,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I don't know how I feel, which is why I haven't posted anything positive or negative about the air strike. I hate what I saw in that video, but when did Assad directly threaten the United States? Of course I feel sick that so many people have suffered, but there are civil wars all over the globe. Should we be engaging in preemptive attacks on countries that haven't directly threatened us?

Also, this isn't the first time children have been victims of chemical warfare in Syria. We've been watching this horror for years. Why now?
I think this is the first time that Trump actually saw pictures / video of the innocent children dead from the attacks, and it hit him emotionally. Reminded me of Obama's reaction to the Sandy Hook massacre. It just seemed to hit them at a gut level.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:47 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,111,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I think this is the first time that Trump actually saw pictures / video of the innocent children dead from the attacks, and it hit him emotionally. Reminded me of Obama's reaction to the Sandy Hook massacre. It just seemed to hit them at a gut level.
I don't buy that for a second. There's something he's attempting to gain by seizing the opportunity to provoke this war - I don't know what, it could be a number of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies