Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 04:58 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

I thought the Russians had so much dirt on Trump that he would never do anything they didn't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 05:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
There are 1,000 ground troops from USA fighting ISIS. They have to be concerned.

So many supporting this strategic attack condemned, criticized and refused to support Obama's bid for a strategic attack in 2013

I guess the video speaks volumes...

I am torn -- I think that there has to be some consequences but confused --- in one moment Americans say the USA is not the world police, has to stop inserting itself into other conflicts and in another Americans say -- we cannot let this just happen.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:01 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
I'm hearing the 23 of the 59 reached their target. I know nothing about this stuff - does this sound right?

Old 04-07-2017, 05:07 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There are 1,000 ground troops from USA fighting ISIS. They have to be concerned.

So many supporting this strategic attack condemned, criticized and refused to support Obama's bid for a strategic attack in 2013

I guess the video speaks volumes...

I am torn -- I think that there has to be some consequences but confused --- in one moment Americans say the USA is not the world police, has to stop inserting itself into other conflicts and in another Americans say -- we cannot let this just happen.
Sadly agree with much of what you've said here. Why does it seem as if we're very often the ones to threaten unilateral action if ... ?

It seems to make these types of very horrible situations that much worse.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It doesn't matter what Trump does. The haters will criticize regardless. They have been non-stop critical ever since his announcement to run for president and they won't stop even after he leaves office eight years from now.
When you do something stupid, something you said you wouldn't, you deserve criticism. Obama was hammered with it (justifiably).

They all deserve nothing better than to rot in hell.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Yeah-- President Obama was in the same boat.....it was just the folks now whining about Trump who were dishing it out and thinking it was justifiable criticism.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:15 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I thought the Russians had so much dirt on Trump that he would never do anything they didn't like.
As much as some folks seem to wanna make it always about Mr. Trump (including Mr. Trump), the Kremlin has another objective - their own self-interest:

‘Chemical war’ in Syria: Russia blaming rebels ‘highly implausible’

‘Chemical war’ in Syria: Russia blaming rebels ‘highly implausible’, experts say

Old 04-07-2017, 05:18 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
It begins.
No, it ends.
The US has done this before, Reagan in Libya in the 80s. That attack scared Kaddafi so much that he voluntarily gave up his WMDs...and turned into a shadow of his former self until he was so weak that his own people turned against him. If Assad behaves there will be no further attacks I suspect.

This was the right move:
1.) It sends a message to Assad that he cannot use weapons that have are forbidden by the world community.
2.) It project leaderships - it shows the world that we continue to be a world leader and able to project military force when needed (something that was severely lacking in the previous administration).
3.) It shows these bad guys - Iran, N. Korea, etc...just how capable our military technology is. We can reach out and touch with tomahawk missles fired from another time zone - where we want, when we want, with impunity and no risk of American lives...and there will not be a damn thing they can do about it.
4.) It continues with American Principles that have been in place with every Administration since WWII - a moral leader.
5.) It was measured, it was restrained, it was limited, and it was appropriate - focused on the delivery site of this gas attack. No need to start a war. The next course is up to Assad, and if he continues his way of using methods of warfare prohibited by the world community, he will get another "message".

Welcome world, the US is back!

Old 04-07-2017, 05:19 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What legal authority does the US have to launch an unprovoked attack on a sovereign nation? This is none of our affair. Trump is a freaking idiot!
Other presidents have done the same, and many of you wanted to elect his wife:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc

Old 04-07-2017, 05:21 AM

57,274 posts, read 26,206,502 times
We will see how Russia and Syria react, hopefully the next step is some reasonable agreement and a peaceful solution. Russia needs to own up for their responsibility in allowing Syria to retain chemical weapons. Tillerson is going to Moscow next week, should be an interesting meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies