Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 08:28 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times

Advertisements

Could someone please tell me why the world declared chemical warfare inhumane?

What is the difference between dropping sarin on a town and bombing a shelter containing 50 refugee families? Or using drones to kill people at weddings and birthday parties. Or telling everybody that some chit is fixing to go down and they should remain in their houses and then bombing their houses?

Looks to me like kids minding their own business and trying to stay out of harm's way are just collateral damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 08:29 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Waldo, you are a serial poster, probably 500 times a day. If you think I am going to go back and review every one of those posts, you are mistaken. However, since you support every little utterance that your leader puts out, and he loves the phrase "Fake news", I am sure you are totally on board with it.
Ah, that's rich. I look at the anti-Trumpers in this thread and I see these numbers of posts just in this here thread totalling 34, 32, 28, 23, 21, 20, 19, etc. Waldokitty is way down the list with 12. That's a lot, but you've got plenty of serial posters in here bringing up the rear fo sho.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:32 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean like he did with Qaddafi?

Were you as happy about that attack as you are about this one?
Yup.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:37 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Could someone please tell me why the world declared chemical warfare inhumane?

What is the difference between dropping sarin on a town and bombing a shelter containing 50 refugee families? Or using drones to kill people at weddings and birthday parties. Or telling everybody that some chit is fixing to go down and they should remain in their houses and then bombing their houses?

Looks to me like kids minding their own business and trying to stay out of harm's way are just collateral damage.
In part because the wind can carry the chemicals, or biological agents and spread them much further than those unlucky civilians who were hit by projectile weapons which missed an enemy soldier or piece of equipment.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It's incredibly ironic that Trump launched missiles against Syria, calling the Syrian attack "an affront to humanity" yet attempted to ban Syrian refugees from entering our country TWICE. Where is his humanity?
Here we go again.

Punishing those who murder civilians requires that you admit those civilians as refugees.

Great "reasoning" there.

Trump's position is that the refugees should remain in the Middle East in safe zones.

But no, that's not enough for the anti-Trumps.

We have to let them move here and stay permanently.

Even the ones we can't properly vet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"We were in a war to the death with the barbaric Japanese, who deserved what they got and more".

We aren't at war with Afghanistan?
That's right.

We aren't.

We are at war with the Taliban in Afghanistan, not with Afghanistan itself.

Quote:
How is it they don't deserve it but others do? You don't even think about what your words mean, you just let them fly.
I don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe it's you who is not thinking before he lets his words fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There is nothing that shows that we cannot properly vet them. Our previous vetting process is extremely effective.
Wrong.

We let in Tashfeen Malik, one of the San Bernardino killers.

We let in a Somali refugee who tried to run down and stab people at Ohio State last Thanksgiving.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:40 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Ah, that's rich. I look at the anti-Trumpers in this thread and I see these numbers of posts just in this here thread totalling 34, 32, 28, 23, 21, 20, 19, etc. Waldokitty is way down the list with 12. That's a lot, but you've got plenty of serial posters in here bringing up the rear fo sho.
He's not talking about just this thread. It's the countless other threads WK and a few others on the right side posts. Serial posters....I like that.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:40 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, which makes me question the motivations behind this airstrike. Was it really about Assad and his cache of chemical weapons? Or about the innocent civilians that were gassed?

Or was this an opportunistic move to fatten bank accounts and wallets?
We will never know. Will we.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
There is an international law against using chemical weapons, and the U.S. had a perfect right to take military action to enforce that law.
That's not how it works. Chemical weapons are outlawed under the Geneva Convention. It's not within each country's authority to punish violations of the Convention.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:43 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Be careful, I had a post deleted a couple of days ago with that exact same animated gif.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:45 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
It will be interesting to see how this is all woven into the "Trump is a puppet of Russia" meme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies