Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 09:59 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times

Advertisements

There's no way in hell I'm voting for a regressive, lyin, knuckledragger in the far right wing camp either.

I'm voting third party, like I did this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 10:00 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
If you doubt that Assad used gas, you have rocks in your head.

Lots of people want Assad gone; that's why there is a civil war going on in Syria.
Yes, Assad is a very clever guy so of course he launched a strategically meaningless gas attack. Did you believe there were WMD in Iraq too? And a genocide in Libya? The entire establishment want Assad gone, just like they pushed for war against Iraq and Libya. Meanwhile, the American people suffer.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:00 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,782,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Read this very very slowly.

Stop thinking about Syria in 2D. Use your head. Remember, Trump is not in control of the government and he knows this. He's been a businessman his entire life and knows when he's not in charge.

Right now, Trump is playing a very delicate game, leading on the "real" government, while he consolidates power. When he has enough control, things will speed up.

If you have been fooled by this, want to jump ship over a missile strike, were you also fooled into thinking he would seriously consider Mitt Romney for secretary of state?

This is what men of his caliber do on the daily. Manueving and negotiating deals worth more than us mere mortals could understand business wise.
Right now, maneuvering the USA through this delicate and dangerous moment will be a masterpiece
Us "mere mortals." Is trump some sort of God to you?

Old 04-06-2017, 10:02 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Read this very very slowly.

Stop thinking about Syria in 2D. Use your head. Remember, Trump is not in control of the government and he knows this. He's been a businessman his entire life and knows when he's not in charge.

Right now, Trump is playing a very delicate game, leading on the "real" government, while he consolidates power. When he has enough control, things will speed up.

If you have been fooled by this, want to jump ship over a missile strike, were you also fooled into thinking he would seriously consider Mitt Romney for secretary of state?

This is what men of his caliber do on the daily. Manueving and negotiating deals worth more than us mere mortals could understand business wise.
Right now, maneuvering the USA through this delicate and dangerous moment will be a masterpiece
Ahh, so you are more of the belief that Trump will go full on dictator/strongman. Got it. And look at you cheer him on.

This isn't a business where back dealing, and betrayal end with you being in charge. This is a country. not a company. And this is why his leadership is failing so badly. People who think they are smart, but aren't.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:03 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Us "mere mortals." Is trump some sort of God to you?
I reckon a substantial number of Trump supporters actually believe he is some type of deity. We saw similar attitudes towards Stalin in Soviet Russia. A huge number of his supporters would support him even as he personally sent them to Siberia to die. The excuses they made for dear leader Stalin could fill a book.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,677,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
I don't agree striking Syria.
It appears Trump doesn't question anything.
Nikki Haley and his whole staff are so full of crap and want nothing but war.
What would Assad gain my gasing his own people? Another thing i am pissed is that George Soros is out smarting Trump by far. Soros wants nothing more than war with Russia. Months ago Soros said he wants Trump to fail.
I believe somebody wants Assad gone. Whoever released the gas knows exactly how America would react. It's nothing but a damn trap.
Please while I am anti war and do not like Trump at all, your assertions are nonsense. Assad would have plenty of reasons to use gas, it's a small town in the route to Idlib, his next big target. He has taken Aleppo, and wants to use his resources for the main target. Why waste and exhaust your military in small town when you can use chemical weapons? Also using it in a small town is better, less witnesses and easier to capitulate into submission.

Assad's next big city is Idlib.

Also he wants to test President Trump. Here is a U.S president who has recently as last week stated that Assad staying in power is a political reality and that fighting ISIS and joining the Russians in fighting should be our priority. Assad wants to see how Trump would react, he saw how Obama did not follow through. Here have been chemical attacks before. If you are Assad, you would have thought Trump is the perfect guy to sit back while you use chemical weapons.

OP, you are everything that is wrong anti war folks, you verge into conspiracy nonsense without a shred of proof. Think for a minute, if the rebels or ISIS had used Chevrolet coal weapons, DON'T YOU THINK THE RUSSIANS WOULD HAVE PRESENTED EVIDENCE?! Instead the Russians came up with some bull crap excuse, which was dismissed by everyone else. You why? Because the Russians knew Assad was behind it, so had to lie.

So instead of George Soros, Bilderberg banks and other jabber jabber, use common sense and hinks with your God given head.

Wanting war with Russia, who Trump? When did we strike Russia, despite the fact that they invaded and annexed territory and violated Ukraine's rights? Certainly not Trump or EVEN Obama. Both administrations have given the green light to Russia in Syria and allowed a foothold.

Or do you think we have been bent on outing Assad, even though up until tonight, we never struck his targets ONCE, despite striking Isis and other military groups and having a presence in his country?

Who is this "somebody" who knows how A,Erica will react if Assad uses chemical weapons? Up u til to ight America has gone out of its way to not target Assad. Don't you think we would have taken him out in the last six years?

Please, the anti war folks are descending into madness. Jesus Christ!!

Old 04-06-2017, 10:08 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,535 times
In case anyone has forgotten the use of chemical weapons has been banned from warfare since WW1. If Obama wasn't such a ***** and carried through with his "red line" declaration years ago this would not have happened again. Supposedly Assad dismantled his chemical weapons program overseen by the UN which Trump has called out for being weak. So who is the problem here? Assad? the UN? Me thinks both. Although I am curious what 59 missiles directed at an airfield was supposed to accomplish. I don't wanna get in another middle East conflict but, at the same time, the United States can't take the lead from behind position that Obama championed for years. That position has made the world much less safe. What's done is done. If Russia and the middle east want to come after us let them it's not like they need another excuse. They are coming for us whether we did this or not. Depending on the measures they take it will end very badly for them long term as our reaction will be calculated and measured.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
The face of incompetence and naivete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVp3yFNEYQ

Old 04-06-2017, 10:13 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I voted for Gary Johnson last year and don't regret it.
Good for you.

You're in the minority and probably always will be. Most die-hard Trump voters will continue to vote for the Republican candidate, including Trump in 2020.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:15 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Basically this. There's no way in hell I would vote for a Democrat. And voting for Trump ensures a democrat stays away from the white house.
See?

Haha.

There wasn't even a specific candidate named in that post. Just "a Democrat." There are MANY people who will vote for Trump, no matter what he does, over ANY Democrat.

Never mind the fact that Trump was a Democrat until he decided to become a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies