U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:23 PM

17,247 posts, read 10,169,578 times

Advertisements

Must be fake news, according to the City Data 'experts,' racism no longer exists in America.

I don't know why Trump's name always has to be mentioned on these things, what does he have to do with anything? Idiots need to stop name dropping him.

Airbnb User Says Host Canceled Reservation Because She's Asian | NBC 7 San Diego

Quote:
While Suh was headed up to the cabin in stormy weather, she sent a text message to the host to confirm the reservation for four people. According to Suh, that's when the host denied agreeing to guests at her cabin.

"I wouldn't rent it to u (sic) if u (sic) were the last person on earth," the host told Suh in a text exchange that was shown to NBC4. "One word says it all. Asian."

Suh said her heart dropped.

"I will report to Airbnb that you are racist," Suh texted back to the host.

To which the host replied, "Go ahead...It's why we have Trump...I will not allow this country to be told what to do by foreigners." The host then canceled the reservation, Suh said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZn8iVQbSc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 10:26 PM

12,842 posts, read 4,638,397 times
I dont think I've ever heard anyone say there is not a single racist in America.

Corporate media thrives on these stories though. They feel that since they refuse to cover real news about labor rights, medicare-for-all and big money in politics, they can make up for it by being socially progressive.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:29 PM

24,760 posts, read 9,640,166 times
This chick gave one whopper of a performance in the interview.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:30 PM

50,492 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Well, the landlord did say that they were inspired by Trump. LOL..keep it real.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:31 PM

4,409 posts, read 1,637,523 times
I saw a white guy in the car ,, may be one of her friends? She should have played smart and sent him to re-negotiate the deal. There was a good chance that it would have settled.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:37 PM

I just gotta wonder how much racism did she think existed before this happened to her. Hmmmmmmm.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:40 PM

17,611 posts, read 19,028,420 times
Actually I am going to side with the Airbnb host on this one.

The fake crying Asian woman seriously thought that she and her 3 friends PLUS two dogs were going to stay for $50 per night in Big Bear? The Asian woman was obviously trying to take advantage of the host.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:41 PM

4,409 posts, read 1,637,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

The fake crying Asian woman seriously thought that she and her 3 friends PLUS two dogs were going to stay for $50 per night in Big Bear? The Asian woman was obviously trying to take advantage of the host.
And the mention of "Trump" was a lie?

Old 04-06-2017, 10:45 PM

10,717 posts, read 4,416,392 times
The thread title is false. Look at the screen at 0:55 of the video. The dispute was over the terms of the deal. After they argued over terms, the host tried to insult the woman by saying she was a typical Asian trying to rip her off, or whatever. But her Asianess was not the reason for the original problem.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

My understanding is that she was willing to pay more. And regardless, she informed the host that she'd be bringing friends, and the host had no problems with it until they apparently realized that they could get much more from someone else.

Now if you're gonna flip the script and say no because you think she's trying to get a cheap deal out of season, then say so and leave it at that. But don't say anything about her being an Asian and add insult to injury. That's rude, and it's against the modus operandi of ABB who has had a difficult time with this racism crap ever since it started the service with hosts canceling reservations once they find out that the renter is a minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or